Reviews for Behold the King
Deandra chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Excellent! And some interesting thoughts for Aragorn, though quite appropriate. As I don't focus that much on his character in my writing, I've never considered much what his thoughts and feelings would have been on this auspicious occasion - to be the first king in many, many years. Yet he would have that humility to realize that, were it not for others, he might not be standing there at all.

There were a couple of places where your punctuation seemed a bit odd. You may or may not agree, but this is what struck me as reading a little odd:

crown, I am taking his place, yet he offers it willingly; his eyes filled (I would think it should be a semicolon after "crown" and then a comma after "willingly")

or worst enslaved by him. (I would think there should be a comma after "worst" - and it may be "worse" rather than "worst", but I'm not sure about that)

My dreams, though will only be fulfilled (probably should be a comma after "though")

I really enjoy your writings. I must make time to go back and read "A Time to Reap" and catch up so I will be ready for updates on that.

Well done!

- Deandra
Pein Rikudou chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Very lovely little ficklet. I liked it a lot!

acacia59601 chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Great little story! I love it!
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
*eyes widen* It was his coronation today?

Drat, I just missed it...or else I might've come up with something for it. *glares at muse* "you were supposed to tell about that!"

Oh well. :-/

A wonderful ficlet. :-)

Error in G chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Quite a touching little ficlet! Good job portraying Aragorn's feelings in a way that seems true to his charachter.
nautika chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
This is wonderful. Short but with enough said!
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
The narrative was simple, yet portrayed a great deal of strength. It sounded exactly the way I think Aragonn would have felt and the way he would have expressed it in his thoughts. It left no doubt what kind of king he would make. Nicely done.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Hmm..interesting how you show Aragorn's awareness of his position as a mighty ruler, coupled with his humility and realization that he would never have gotten to that place without his friends' constant help. So that's good.

"My dreams, though will only be fulfilled if Arwen is beside me as my wife and Queen. Dark will be my days if I am doomed to rule alone."

Aw, that's sad.
Annawen Ereiniel chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Nice little oneshot, Linda! Timely, too: I had forgotten all about the significance of May 1st, thanks for the pleasant reminder.
SCREAMINGwhispers chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
I look forward to another wonderful chapter of "A Time to Reap"!

Great job on this story.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2