Reviews for Identity II: Standby Phase
S. Augustara chapter 25 . 2/5/2012
That chapter.. was beautiful. :) I love how you can see the depth of feeling that Atem and Yugi have for each other despite and sometimes because of, the complexity of their relationship living together in one body. The difficulty of having of a relationship when you are two people and yet in some ways only different sides of the same coin is a interesting concept - which you have handled very elegantly. Well done. :)
S. Augustara chapter 14 . 2/5/2012
The superman analogy- genius! :)
S. Augustara chapter 2 . 2/5/2012
wow :) Loved that chapter! Those fights between Mai and Joey & Tea and Yugi were not only realistic but also heartwrenching. I think I felt that punch in the gut too when Tea accused him of being like the Pharaoh. But I think they both have good points. Aw man.. love makes you crazy eh?
Rassilon001 chapter 28 . 1/16/2012
After enjoying the Yugi/Tea and the Joey/Mai from previous installments, it was no surprise I also enjoyed to a vast degree the Seto/Sara interaction. Seeing Kaiba act like a lovestruck idiot (and in a way that works, too, unlike the bulk of fanfiction) was awesome. Not exactly starting out on the right foot, but that makes it all the more hilarious to watch. Romancing with a duel though, now that’s just sweet.

You have gone to unprecedented levels of awesome in analyzing the Yugi-Tea-Atem triangle and its implications, and I applaud you for that. Frankly, I don’t even know what to think or root for anymore, I don’t know if its romantic or tragic. But whatever it is, its too interesting to look away from. The parallel with superheroes certainly fits, even if they do save the world with a Childrens Card Game.

As Joey said, Ramses is super ultra mega evil for forcing Mai to go through something like that again, though it’s ironically a fitting conclusion to her story arc, she finally went through with it without regrets, and realized her actions back in the past were also necessary to help wake up and rejoin the Light (compared with, say, actually losing). Past completes present, and future ain’t lookin’ too shabby either.
Minirowan chapter 28 . 3/9/2011
Alright, now you're mixing things up way more than I thought you would with Tea and Yugi. Then again things were already messed up with Atem showing up in the first place. What I'm most desperate to know is how things will end up with Tea and Atem. Yugi and Tea is a given, they'll end up together no matter what, the question is whether or not Atem will be brought back to the living world instead of the afterlife. Then, things get complicated. I haven't watched the show in so long that I have to trust what you say on Atem's view of Tea, so I'm at bit of an impasse since I don't remember much of anything by way of AtemxTea romantics.

Then there are Sara and Kaiba. Man, those two have their work cut out for them. I'm assuming she never saw Kaiba's face in her dreams, even when ice boy was all grown up else she would have recognized Kaiba in an instant. Even more so, I wish she had seen her reflection during her dreams. Things would be much easier and more dramatic if she had. As far as I can tell, you authors love to make things difficult knowing your readers are pulling their hair out over it. Honestly, I can't wait for her to realize the truth of everything that is going on; I love it when newbies are brought into the fold, their reactions are always fun to read.

Tristin and Serenity on the other hand, well, those two need some major help. Serenety needs to get over her daddy issues, no easy feat unfortunately, and Joey needs to back off. That boy has some major issues as well. I understand being pissed off at guys competing over your sister, but to think he'd go that far with Tristin as well, his best friend of all people. I just hope he sees the light soon, he's getting on my nerves.

I have to admit though, I was disappointed when Mokuba and Rebecca said they were just friends. Obviously that's not really the case, but you scared me for a second there. I actually like those two together.

Also, one last thing, I think Tea and Yugi are wrong. Yugi began to lose his memories on/after New Years, the same night the vigils began. I'm thinking the vigils are strengthening Atem and since he's in the Shadow Realm, which is easier to access than the afterlife, Atem can sense his bond to Yugi. Now, based on Atem's memories that Yugi has, Atem doesn't have any memories of Yugi other than from Memory World and the Ceremonial Duel. In that case, he's curious about this kid in strange clothes that could be his double beating him in a duel. So, he accessed Yugi's memories and unknowingly took them, making them unavailable to Yugi himself. The only flaw in this theory is why he wouldn't take the more familiar memories, those that are his own. I just think he's too curious for his own good but he's usually too level headed for that. It could be an opposites attract thing because of the rift in their Ba.

Anyway, that's my theory. I hope it makes at least some sense, I had enough trouble writing it down.

Again, awesome story!
ll Kairi ll chapter 25 . 12/17/2010
I really liked how you compared tea to the comics. you did a really good job with that!

-kairi
ll Kairi ll chapter 17 . 12/17/2010
Hm . . . that was sooo cute! "Let him get his own girl." I LOVE IT! You did a great job with this chapter, i love it!

ll Kairi ll chapter 10 . 11/26/2010
The thick paragraphs towards the end was confusing me, but i think i figured it out. But to be sure, Yugi is losing his memories for something he doesn't know why. He just remembers them like a story. But, why was Yugi and Tea talking in thrid person? Or, well, Yugi talking in third person. I think that's what's really confusin' me. . . :/

But great chapter!

ll Kairi ll chapter 7 . 11/26/2010
It's soooooooooooo cute! Seto and Sara! The past and present! I love it! I find it, adorible that Sara can't concentrate with Seto like, centimeters away from her. *Fangirl squeals* XD

And Mokuba is awesome!

ll Kairi ll chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Oi, i wish there was a hotel like that where i could live! I sounds AWESOME!

But great chapter, and i like how you did the idea for Pegasuses giving everyone a charm of their own monster! ((Sorry thats late!))

Lolchen chapter 28 . 2/11/2009
lol, I remember how you had me totally baffled with who Ramesses really is back here. You did quite well, hiding it from everyone and still not contradicting it or else hinting for any others - and man I know I didn't think about any Doma connections right here and then. Past what you already let the characters realize, I wanted to say.

Mind you, the whole Sara and Kaiba fiasco was just so coming xD I loved to read about those tidbits. Say, had you planned that out before you finished the Revival series? Because you surely didn't hint anything back there, so I like to believe it was more of a spurt of the moment idea thing...

Anyway, the Yugi-Atem confusion is quite neat. I seriously couldn't tell what was wrong and who it was, though I firmly rooted for it being Yugi because Atem just can't be back in that sense and I even wondered if their connection might be re-growing since he was in the Shadow Realm... But still, Téa always said he was both after the Final Duel, so it only could be Yugi - well, I thought so at least. And it kinda turned out right after all xD

Yeah, the title for the Identity series are cool. The "Revival" and "Identity" headings are quite genius, too - and it sums up what happens in those series - the revival of the Shadow Realm/Monster Duelling/Orichalchos Stones and then the Identity Crisis not only of Yugi, but Sara as well. Good job picking them! Titles are not always easy to choose... sometimes, a chapter heading is found naturally but the name of any fic is always a more complicated matter, I understand. Well done!

mfG

Lolchen
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 17 . 3/17/2008
man, it is just WIERD to think of kaiba having sex. don't know why, it just IS. and it's not like i have a problem with it: at the end of revival, i loved the first sex scene with joey and mai, it was just perfect! but kaiba is... well, kaiba. cold and anti-social, like you said. (never mind how he really is) and it's hard to picture him in such an intimate position.

i'm still enjoying it though.
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 16 . 3/17/2008
you must really think about this stuff. not that i blame you. i'm a detail dork myself, and i did wonder why mai was perfectly fine after the tournament, but not so fine later on. i chalked it up to stress. you know how, after a stressful event, your mind can completely blank it out, and you barely even remember it happening? those memories come back later a lot of times, when the mind thinks the danger has passed, and you're more ready to deal with the stress of it. course, that time it did NOT work out in mai's favor.

have you ever read the manga version of what marik did to mai? it was, quite literally, torture. even the japanese version of the show had to censor that!
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 14 . 3/17/2008
that was just so incredibly awesome, there are no words for it. brilliant, brilliant job!
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 10 . 3/17/2008
you see, you say that yugi is losing HALF of his shared memories, and your poor readers go and assume EXACTLY what you expected them too, considering where atem is right now, and then you go and thow in THIS brand new twist! oh, you're evil, you are...