Reviews for Misunderstood
Angel Peach Blossom chapter 23 . 7/6/2010
Good work, Rapid-chan! I think you did a great job!

I was so happy that both Hikari and Jack accepted the marriage between Ryuu and Christy! The wedding was really sweet, and I agree that it is nice that they are no longer misunderstood!

Keep up the good work! And congratulations for finishing your fic!
Moonlit Dreaming chapter 23 . 7/5/2010
An update! _ It was such a nice surprise to see the notification for this in my inbox, and such a sweet conclusion to the story.

It was nice to see things come full circle with Ryuu and Christy taking over the farm, yet especially satisfying to see that some things have changed and they are "no longer misunderstood."

Congratulations on finishing this story, Rapid-chan! It was wonderfully done and very enjoyable.
Tallis-chan chapter 23 . 7/4/2010
At the very end when Hikari said, "Come on Jack, let's hit the road!" For a second, I was expecting her to say, "Let's hit the road, Jack!" like from that older song or whatever? Haha. Anyways,

Congratulations on finishing your fic! It must feel pretty nice to have it all completed and what a happy ending too!
bonnibelbubblegum chapter 22 . 8/24/2009
Tallis-chan chapter 22 . 8/24/2009
I'm really glad that you began to write again, even though something happened to get your spirits down... I hope that writing is something you can always do to help you through those sort of times as well. It helps me, when I take the time to do it...

It's nice to read some stuff from you again. Because in the way you write, I can hear you in it. It reminds me of all our conversations. It's pretty cool. I think I'm sensing some plot still yet to come in this story, if the rival clan is not all yet gone. Plus, the wedding with have to take place and such. I wonder how long you are wanting to take this story. Hehe. It's kinda nice as these stories can continue like this.
Laney 916 chapter 22 . 8/23/2009
Awesome! Ryuu and Christy are getting married. I knew it! I was just waiting for that to happen. Lol

Great chappy, Bro!
Smileyface22 chapter 21 . 5/31/2009
This is the best story ever! Aside from Pretty Ore, that is. But! The Witch Princess is the best! In my harvest moon game, I enjoy giving her gifts. I'm a tomboy, so I personally think she's cute! ( I can't marry her.I have DS Cute, and it's english... :-( Wah!)
Ciella chapter 19 . 1/15/2009
I'm sorry, but I think the that Chapter seventeen should have been the last chapter. As 18 and 19 etc. go on to Christy's life and no longer focuses on Hikari's and Gavin's, the new generation should have a new story. When left together the story feels too long and unending.

Long story short, my suggestion is that you simply delete chapters 18, re-upload them, and publish the second generation as a new story.
Ciella chapter 18 . 1/15/2009
While this chapter was absolutely fine, my lack of patience with small children has lead me to detest Christy. Though the fact that you could make me feel so annoyed with her means you did a great job with her character!
Ciella chapter 17 . 1/15/2009
Is the name of maya's clan to be pronounced "Hooga" or "Hyooga"?

It's a pet peeve of mine, but I've noticed that you don't vary your tag words. The three you use almost always are 'said', 'replied', and 'asked'. And asked always comes with 'curiously'. When you use the same words over and over, the piece grows monotonous; if you use exclamation points too often, you don't even see them any more, right?

Case in point, do your best to vary your tag words.
Ciella chapter 16 . 1/13/2009
If I recall, Dr. Hardy was the pale, hunched little doctor with the scarred head/face, right? I only asked because I thought it strange to hear him say "mommy". He prob'ly said it in the game somewhere.

I'm being so mean today! I'm really sorry. But this chapter bugs me somewhat. I geuss I was expecting something more orignal from the Witch than "It's time".

Haha! So they named the baby Christy. Peach must be proud, huh?
Ciella chapter 15 . 1/13/2009
I hope you don't mind me saying, but I couldn't help but feel that Marlin and Sebastian's bar scene was awfully like the first. They didn't get drunk, no, but it felt deja-vu five chapters previous. Again, I'm sorry, and this is just me.
Ciella chapter 14 . 1/13/2009
Peach should be honored with this dedication! I think this was my favorite chapter out of all.
Ciella chapter 13 . 1/13/2009
I know that this story is on the old side and probly won't be edited- because fixing published stories is such a bore- but you really need to watch your tenses.

Ex. from story: "A yawn ESCAPED her lips as the witch SAT up in her bed. She LOOKS around the small confines of her hut, her gaze FOCUSING on the black caldron dominating the center of her home."

Correct tenses of allcaps: either escaped, sat, looked, focused, OR escapes, sits, looks, focusing.

You know this already, but I'm just highlighting it for you. One more tip- it can be a bit tedious for the reader when the characters repeat words already found in the narration.

Ex. from story: "he notices the SWEET smell in the air... 'Have you been cooking something SWEET?' Jack asked curiously. 'There is such a SWEET aroma in the air.'

Now fixing this (if you so choose) is all a matter of your own preference. First, remember that a description does not have to be a full picture, if you will, but often serves better as a connect-the-dots. So in narration, perhaps, Jack might sniff the air appreciatively. Then in quotations he might ask about Hikari's cooking.

I must appologize for the length of this review, and I hope that I haven't been severe.
Ciella chapter 12 . 1/13/2009
Being that this is Rin's big homecoming chapter, I thought this one would have a little more oomph. The moments between Jack and the Witch were sweet but I think the chapter needs more than just touches of romance.