Reviews for The Gemini Project
skadalex chapter 29 . 7/2/2013
Simply, this is the best science-fanfiction I’ve ever red. The intricate plot that makes your brain spin, the suspense that turns you into an insomniac who can’t stop to get more and more of the story is rare to find!
The ending feels complete and yet still open for our hungry imagination to go and elaborate the plotline in various directions. But if you feel anytime to elaborate on your own on Reeve’s, in regard to Reno, or Draius’, in regard to Rude, subsequent storylines I will be the first to read.
The characters are outstanding, each of them, and here is just a little bit of my perception of your Reno. The most corrupted by everybody and everything that crossed his path and still the most innocent, the most resilient, destructive and still the most fragile are the contradictions of his personality that makes him a ‘victim of himself’ as much as the victim of the circumstances he comes from. He is the perfect portrait of a psycho, and yet he is not quite the one.
I have obviously thing for Reno/Rufus and while I always believed Reno/ Cloud relationship within FFVII verse would be the absurdity, your fanatic was an eye opener for me. It showed me the subtle, hidden similarities in their characters and their forced fates, the ways and the areas they can fill and fit each other. Now I believe their relationship would be the most logical one.
So thanks so much for sharing your talent and imagination, it was a great experience, a great ride.
damagectrl.07 chapter 29 . 6/14/2013
Thank you so much for writing The Dance of the Macabre and The Gemini Project!
They've both occupied me for days and it was a pleasure to read them.
You've written the characters well and very spot on. I love how you wrote Rufus and Reno's relationship.
I pretty much have nothing but praise for this fic. I liked your OCs, I adored Tifa and Rude together and I'm very satisfied with how the story ended.
Great job!
Peek-a-bloody-boo chapter 29 . 4/6/2013
Wow, I love, absolutely bloody love this verse. The writing, the twists, the continuos Reno-torture...man, I'm so hooked. Please tell me you'll be continuing the series? Pretty please? *puppy-dog-eyes*
ChupaQueso chapter 29 . 2/27/2013
Let me just say that this is easily one of the best fanfictions I have read ever. Period. I cannot gather myself together in order to form coherent sentences to describe how in love with this series I am. I started reading Dance on a whim, just getting into liking Reno/Rufus and looking for something good. I was absolutely blown away with how well you characterized everyone and I adore your Rufus. Just everything you wrote had me captivated and I am still trying to get my mind to stop spinning. I want to go back and reread so I can review every chapter properly, since all you would have gotten from me the first time through would have been a bunch of inelegant key smashes. I will say for this chapter though I was just writhing the whole time, tempted to throw my Kindle but not wanting to put it down. I found myself chanting 'please let this be Rufus' towards the end, nearly having a melt down when Reno supposedly killed him. I almost didn't read this fic after the first chapter, being horrified that Reno would actually kill Rufus. I am obsessive about happy endings, or at least an ending that puts the pairing together and I was terrified that you had strung me along only to violent cut the wire you were using to do so. Needless to say I am highly satisfied by the ending and I am just still sitting here in slight shock while also grinning like an absolute loon. I cannot wait to read through your other fics as well and I can say nothing but keep up the excellent work. I will definitely be reading this series over and over again.
Cheers!
CQ
Ems4179 chapter 29 . 1/28/2013
Wow, this story and DotM were just so perfect.

I loved Erryn and Jared so very much. From the moment that Jared came into the story, I was hoping for the moment that I could LIKE him... Oh, and when it finally came, it was so sweet. :D his speech to Tifa about Rude had me actually punching the air in delight. As for Rude's Proposal... Perfect!

Loved the interactions between Tseng and Vincent. Vincent's end though, near broke my heart. Right until I read exactly what he had done to Tseng...

As to Cloud though, I spent most of my time wanting to slap the life out of him for taking advantage of Reno when he had no memory - especially as it started as a way to get at Rufus. Hasn't he been vile enough to him already?

As for Tseng thinking that Rufus could EVER assault Reno in such a fashion, I wanted to slap him senseless too - I was actually nearly bouncing with rage that no one realised that it was Marcus. Lol.

For whatever reason Darius decided to come clean, I was glad. Seemed like his way of letting them know that they were done (at long last).

When Tseng talked to Vincent about divorce, I was actually left gawking at the page at how he could be so casual about cutting ties from the woman he loves so much but then I thought about it and it actually seemed a pretty normal reaction after the fear of losing their daughter.

The ending was lovely - I adore the thought of Rude being a Dad to a rabble of children and I'm VERY glad that Reno told Cloud to go away (even when he thought that his relationship with 'Rufus' was over). His reunion with Rufus made me all warm and fuzzy. 3

A truly amazing story - thanks so much for writing... and sharing.
starry34 chapter 29 . 6/22/2012
Finally finished this fic, and I feel like I've just completed an epic saga. Between this and DOM, well, it's over 1500 pages, isn't it?

Mostly laughing at the fact that your initial A/N commented that you don't need to read DOM to read this - I pity the poor sop who tried to forgo DOM, because I'm pretty sure you would have been lost in the first four sentences.

Anyway, I gotta say kudos for this gorgeous fic. I was expecting less Reno-centricity based on your notes in DOM, but I sort of came to realize that "less" is relative and basically just meant that you were going to have various character plotlines going. And I really enjoyed that take, and I was really interested in a lot of them. The only thing I missed was the Reno/Elena love in DOM, even though it logically wouldn't have made a lot of sense in this fic because Reno barely remembered anything for most of it.

I loved what you did with Tseng and Vincent and their plot. It was really original, and the ending - I felt so bad for Vincent, but at the same time I absolutely loved the fact that you weren't afraid to let him go like that. I think we all know that Vincent is pretty tortured anyway, to a point where it's like, maybe Tseng should have just ended it quickly and made them both happy, but I loved that he didn't. Because it's like you noted about the Turks - they're not good point. At all. And Tseng honestly came off as being the least humane of them (well, along with Reno half the time). You could tell that even though he had feelings for people, he really didn't know what to do with them, which you alluded to with the whole divorce idea. It was like even if he did get close to people, that harsh Turk professionalism and underlying merciless nature was still there under the surface. The kind of thing that makes it so perfectly in-sync with the way you portrayed his character in NOT saving Vincent, in fact, leaving him to die a pretty horrible death and feeling guilty and conflicted as hell but not DOING anything about it. I loved that. The development was so brilliant and deep.

The Reno/Rufus relationship was predictably awesome since I'd read DOM, although I have to admit you broke my heart making me think that Reno had killed Rufus in the beginning. Although I have to find it interesting that even though it was Marcus, Reno THOUGHT it was Rufus, which is just ridiculously crazy and full of a lot of emotions and other gorgeousness. Although I would have thought it would have been more obvious to the Turks, who'd seen Rufus with Reno after some of his previous... encounters, and that sudden change to weird unfeelingness was pretty contradictory to everything they knew about his relationship with Reno. And, well, Reno too, although at that point I'm mostly just cutting him a break because he went through way too much. But anyway, it was awesome. The way you characterized them and their relationship over the two fics was so beautiful. Seriously the best Reno/Rufus fic out there, I swear.

Again, your OCs. They're AMAZING. You should write a tutorial for all the people making Mary Sues right and left. I love all of them. They had so much depth and dimension. Jared kept surprising me at every turn, mostly because I'd pegged him as a complete ass and then he'd come out of nowhere with incredibly astute relationship advice. Like, what? And your villains were fantastic. I love how much was behind their motives, you deserve so much credit for all the thought you put into the backstory, because it made so much sense. And I loved towards the end how you even mentioned that at some point it should have been like, JUST GIVE UP, MAN. Because clearly, going after Reno wasn't doing anyone any good. But Ten-ji couldn't, and that made perfect sense, but I loved that those around him pretty much realized how utterly pointless and dangerous it was all getting anyway. And I loved Marcus' character as well. It was... awesome. Everything was.

I love how although Reno was arguably the most troubled and dangerous character in the fic, I still empathized with him so much. I really loved the way you characterized his relationships with the other Turks where you could see this weird contrast to the complete psycho who doesn't really think twice about cruel and unusual punishment and cold-blooded murder, as somebody who somehow manages to have some semblance of a normal relationship (in Turk world) and actual feelings towards people. I also loved how much trouble he had with expressing those feelings towards Rufus. With everything he'd been through, that sort of inner conflict was completely understandable and believable.

Well, I wrote too much. But thank you again for this lovely fic. I've truly enjoyed reading it.
Guest chapter 29 . 5/27/2012
I adore you for writing DOM and The Gemini Project! Thank you for your hard work!
Neko86 chapter 29 . 4/3/2012
This was absolutely AWESOME! )))) Both Dance of the Macabre and The Gemini Project. Really, I enjoyed reading them so much, not to count how many times I had nearly combusted from all the emotions while I read it ))) Thanks a lot for the experience... and for making Reno/Rufus one of my most favourite yaoi pairings now *LOL* Hope to hear from you soon with something as equally enjoyable and satisfying in many ways ))) Good luck with your writing.
APurpleAvacado chapter 29 . 12/29/2011
I can't...believe...you killed...Vincent.

You...have made me soul weep. *Sob* I really do adore Vincent, and when I realised he was going to become somewhat of a permanent fixture in the fic, I was so excited!

Seriously when that happened I was like "Okay, screw the rest of the story. What."

But besides that, there was all the Reno and Tseng and the Vincent, and the Cloud and the Vincent, and the Rufus and the Vincent. It was all just so bleghhh! I mean. I am literally exploding right now.

The ending was good. I liked that, and the way you left just that little loose end. I'm glad it makes it seem like life goes on. And with Reno and Rufus at the end was adorable.

But, I say again. My heart breaks for Vincent. Although, in a way I'm sort of glad he never got a chance to admit to the way he felt. It almost seems to me like it would've broken his pride a little to have had to admit it. You'd of thought he was obvious enough about it for Tseng to have guessed. But, then, I suppose Tseng sort of always knew on some level, even if it was just towards the end. when he really -thought- about it.

Lets put it this way: I'm really rather glad that Reno didn't end up killing Rufus was he suspected he MIGHT HAVE DONE in like, the first friggin' chapter. You. You. Are evil. I know it. I know you are!

But you know what makes me happy? I'm so glad to find an author who isn't afraid to shy away from things like character death and happy endings. There was Drama even in the end, and I'm so glad that you kept up the suspense and the angst. SO much angst. I must admit. I am an angst-muffin, and for one I am glad that this fic, for me, didn't end on an entirely happy note. It probably wouldn't have done much for the ambiance of the piece, if you know what I mean.

It was nice that it ended on a quiet note that was sort of humble in it's happiness, given all the TERRIBLE things that happened. It was like it was sheepish! Do you get what I'm saying? Because I'm on the verge of not understanding what I'm even saying any more, and this is what happens when I rant. I stop making sense to even myself, and that's not what I want to do at this point. It's just.

It was nice, to see how sombre it was, but it showed itself not to be utterly hopeless and that here was light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

I really did enjoy reading this fic, and I'm glad you wrote it.

I loved it.

APurpleAvacado
scriobhneoir45 chapter 29 . 12/28/2010
Hi, I've read this fic over twenty times now because I can honestly say it is one of the best pieces of fiction I've ever read. What you have done with DOM and this story goes way beyond the call of a fanfiction writer and I really respect you for your attention to every detail and character in this fic. The intricate plots, the personal relationships, the interaction between characters, the love stories, the action and the humour. Everything is just brilliant and you should get money for this kind of work. Seriously, I'm a third year college student studying English and I know what I'm reading and yours is golden. I've made some of my friends read this story, they are not really into Fanfiction but they couldn't sing this fic's praises enough. You should be proud.

You're portrayel of Reno is the highlight for me. The tragedy, wildness, seductiveness and innocence you've attributed to the character is beyond words PERFECT and I cant read another fan fiction about him because they pail in comparison to yours. I really cant say enough about it, you just capture his persona so well and when reading it you can really see how Rufus and almost every other character is obsessed with him. I love how you haven't made him innocent but not completely evil either. He is a Turk after all. The unstableness and confusion he is feeling is really realistic and I felt sympathy for him the whole time.

The OC's in this fic are great too. I dont usually like OC's because they are usually one dimensional and plot centered but you've really given your characters histories and personal characteristic's. I particularly likes Aldrich and Marcus. Aldrich's infatuation with Reno is so obvious and sad and I love the brutal kindness he displays towards him in the hostage sequence in DOM, the way he holds him and pets him and then tortures him. Also the fact that you gave him Red hair is great, its just not a normal thing to do in a fic. Marcus is so funny, his coldness and childishness had me amused and confused and I couldn't help but sense a sexual tension between him and our crazy redhead. Then again, I think everyone in this fic was infatuated with Reno in some way and your writing makes it easy to see why. I loved Erryn as well, she's one tough bird!

I loved Rude in this fic and also the Tsenge/ Vincent thing. They gave the story even more depth and focus.

Favorite scenes of the two fics:

The scene in DOM where Reno pushes Rufus off the bed in the middle of the night-Hilarous

The scene in DOM where Reno is trying to run from Cloud after he saves him.

All the scenes with Aldrich and hostage Reno.

Rufus strangling accountant because he was jealous- overreacting much?

Any scene where Reno and Rufus are just cooking or hanging out- great character development and so sweet and funny.

The Office scene in DOM where everyone has a gun on everyone.

The scene in GP where Marcus has Reno tied up and talks to Ren.

All scenes with Reno and Rufus cooking or in bed together.

Cloud and Rufus discovering Reno.

The hair pulling saga.

Erryn and Rufus scenes.

The Marcus/ Reno rape.

"Your defictiff" ha ha

And many more that I cant think of! Anyway I've rambled enough so thank you for creating such an amazing world and characters with this fic. I'm off to read it again. Bye bye!
KirasTastefulTragedy chapter 29 . 7/14/2010
Wow... I loved this just as much... maybe even more than DOM... but seriously I still was left wanting more of the Reno and Rufus that you have created. I love the realm around them really that you made through these stories. Poor reno and poor rufus they we nt through so much to get to the end. I want to see some happy writing for them :P hehe. I liked your authors note at the bottom though. what you said is so true.

So. Her Here to a wonderful story! I will recommend this set of two stories to any and all that I can!
OnlyIntuition chapter 29 . 4/14/2010
Perfect ending This is definitely the 3rd time I've read both the Dance of the Macabre and the Gemini Project completely through and every time I end up finding some random detail I never noticed before. It never ceases to amaze me how brilliantly your stories are written. Thank you so much for sharing! Sigh, I must really do my homework... but your story had me saying "just a chapter more" from the prologue to the very end. :) Great job! I hope to read more from you! :)
Worlds Number One Yaoi Fangirl chapter 29 . 8/29/2009
Will there be another after this? (I know, I'm so hopeful, and you finished this a while ago but... *sigh* I am so hopeful!)

I know, its at a good place for a 'the end now fuck off' but I'm finding the fanbase of RenoxRufusXReno a bit...

Hmm... Whats a good word for? Redundant? No...

Pathetic? Empty? I don't think these words helps much...

In any case it is lacking.

Lacking talented writers. Lacking writers that can fill a story with blood, love, horror, joy, suffering, suggestive themes, confusion, and THEN wrap it all up with a happy ending.

And most certainly lacking writers than can give the characters more depth, emotion, and presence than even the original game.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much for writing this.

I love you forever.
DEATHmuse chapter 29 . 8/16/2009
Let me just say that I only recently entered the FFVII fandom. I stumbled upon DotM, and on a whim, decided to read it - I'm so glad I did. I fell in love with the story, the characterisation, and the pairing. You gave me a new OTP to cherish and write for, so thank you for that.

It was, to say the least, a very wild ride. I'm curious to know if you had this elaborate plot in your head already, and what was/wasn't spontaneous. But my GOD, this story! It sucked me in from the start.

Your OCs were never forced or lacking. In fact, one of my favorite characters is Erryn. So kudos on that. Again, your characters were spot-on - and the only thing I can say is that your Reno and Rufus are perfect. SO perfect.

Very satisfying ending. After such a turbulent road, the end was... great. I really wish I could better describe my love for this truly unique story, but I can't.

The Vincent/Tseng side-plot was also really captivating, and of course, the conclusion to that really broke my heart. ): But in that "Hurts-so-good" kind of way.

And Cloud! Oh, I felt for him, as well.

I could go on and on, but seriously, thanks for writing an AMAZING story.
crashfade chapter 29 . 5/21/2009
I have to say that I really, really love this story as well as The Dance of the Macabre. I thoroughly enjoyed reading them and I think that you have captured both Reno and Rufus perfectly.

Normally, I do not approve of major, original characters in fanfiction, however, I really love the way your original characters blend right in with the original cast. To be honest, I believe this is probably the best integration of original characters into a canon universe that I have ever seen.

I've read all your other works revolving around Reno and/or Rufus as well, and I thoroughly enjoyed them too. I apologize that I have a slight bias towards those two and have not yet read your Vincent and Tseng stories, but I do plan to in the near future.

Thank you so much for spending the time to write all your wonderful stories!