Reviews for Hell is Other People
xx chapter 21 . 15h ago
Still looking for mI6's angle, here.
JRaylin441 chapter 21 . 3/26
Okay, so I am going to be honest with you. I just threw all of my real-life responsibilities out the window and read the entirety of this story in less than 24 hours. And I loved every second of it.

First of all (and I know I'm a bit late on this compliment, but I just joined the party), I absolutely ADORED every character you created at the SAS training camp. They were all so consistent and flawed and believable and understandable. You would so wonderful at portraying them that it was clear from the second they entered a room, how they would effect it. I love Wolf (he's always been one of my favorite minor characters), and I have discovered a new and passionate love for Eagle, thanks to your story. I hope we get to see more them soon.

You don't just shy away from the trauma that Alex has gone through. You make him turn and face it head-on. You pull into the light just how sick it is that a boy his age was forced to do this, and you study the devastating effect that would have on his psyche. And throughout all of this, you somehow manage to keep from getting bogged down in angst or drama. You just lay the facts out as they are, and the reader gets to go through the same experiences as Alex as they try to accept it and push it to the back of their head.

And on top of that, you manage to space these little glowing pockets of beautiful bonding and cheerfulness (emphasis on the word little) throughout.

Long story short, this is a spectacular story. My only regret is that it took me this long to know that it exists. Also, if you ever publish a novel, please let me know. With your skill at characterization, you could pull off just following a group of people through their daily lives and I would eat up every word.

So, this turned into a super-long accidental explosion of words. I suppose they all bottled up as I stayed up until four a.m. last night (despite my classes starting at eight) reading this story.

Go you. Thanks for this gift of a story.
Geshem chapter 21 . 3/24
Wow, this is a very interesting story. I can't wait to find out what happens next! I haven't read Alex Rider books in many years, but (after a quick Wikipedia refresher on the basic plots), I quite enjoyed your story so far. Very intense scenes and emotions. Thanks for writing!
Xanoka chapter 20 . 3/24
Thank you so much! I practically hyperventilated when I saw this story had updated. Thank you! So pleased it's still alive. I would wait any length of time for an eventual update of this story. That being said, I see there's another chapter too! Wow! And exciting developments! It seems Alex has sort of not blown his cover, in that it kind of looks like he's being recruited by the kind of shady people he's widely believed to associate with? Very exciting chapter, thanks again!
Pandakeen chapter 21 . 3/23
I am so excited that this fanfiction has finally been updated! I hope that you are planning to continue this story as you have been recently. I read this story a few years ago and I just now picked it up again by coincidence, only to see that it had new chapters! Keep up the excellent work!
Happy Reader chapter 21 . 3/23
Let's face it. I was absolutely shocked that you updated so quickly! Thank you very much.

I have been a faithful fan since day one and you are the very few writers in this site that bothers to deal with the very REAL damage a child would face. I grew up with this fanfiction. I didn't understand some facets, but rereading this master piece as an older individual was very rewarding and it humbles me as I have a LONG way to go as a writer. You have a way with word to make the readers empathize with Rider. I was left with a sullen exhaustion last chapter and, unfortunately, slight relief when Alex was given a relatively reasonable assignment from his enemies.

You have put some VERY unsettling hints in training as to what may come, but I really love it. I don't know what is a red herring or not and that is truly a sign of a good writer. To be frank, a perfect ending would be far too much to ask for from Alex. Let's hope that the lovely muscle that we have spent years with busts out the school children soon. Thanks for the very lovely pieces and I love to reread it every time you update. Take care of your law classes and best wishes.

Sincerely,

A happy and thankful reader.

P.S. Ease up on some of the Oxford Commas. They are good, but sometimes, they are VERY redundant and just make the flow shatter.
forbiddenstars chapter 21 . 3/20
Ahh, fascinating! I love it. I was indeed completely surprised to see the next chapter up so quickly, but that is no complaint, obviously. I sense the action picking up and I can't wait to see some badass Alex (after the obligate standard morally torturous bit of course).

Am also really hoping to see some fast action from Alex's allies (especially the Drs. Manning). Poor boy could use a lot of help on his side.
Torchwood Cardiff chapter 21 . 3/17
Well done on this chapter.:-)
cthulhu-with-a-fez chapter 21 . 3/16
I SHOTGUNNED THIS ENTIRE THING IN LESS THAN EIGHT HOURS AND I'M REALLY REALLY GLAD IT UPDATED RECENTLY BECAUSE THINGS ARE HEATING UP PLOTWISE AND I'M /REALLY/ GLAD I WASN'T ON THE WRONG END OF ONE OF THE BIG CHAPTER HIATUSES (HIATII?) AND JUST. HOLY SHIT.

on a slightly less screamy note, your writing is AMAZING. i love the doctor (he kinda reminds me of Dr. Silas, from the fic Stairway to Paradise) and i'm ALL OVER k-unit being the awkward informal watch dogs/accidental brother figures to alex and i was facepalming the entire time because JESUS people THIS IS WHY COMMUNICATIONS BREAKDOWNS ARE TERRIBLE IDEAS and also i want to, i dunno, strangle Blunt with his own necktie or drown him in used mop water or something because LITERALLY FUCK HIM IN THE EYEBALL WITH A CACTUS, I DON'T CARE THAT ALEX IS A VETERAN OPERATIVE, HE ISN'T THE FUCKING /WINTER SOLDIER/ AND YOU CAN'T REASONABLY EXPECT HIM TO PROPERLY DEAL WITH THE SHIT YOU'RE SENDING HIM IN TO TAKE CARE OF WITH MINIMAL ACTUAL INFORMATION OR BACKUP, SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR POLITICKING AND CRAM IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. and of course alex had to be stuck with the ACTUAL LITERAL LEAST HELPFUL MEMBER OF THE GROUP (except maybe joe) while discussing his upcoming foray back into the wonderful world of press-ganged contract terrorist activity, which i'm sure will do WONDERS for his already fucked-to-hell mental state, and just. i fully expect k unit to come to the rescue, sooner or later, but i have a sneaking suspicion that Eagle and Hawk are gonna have something super fucked up to bond over when this whole deal is over with...

also it looks like i may actually have lied about the screamy bit being over in the first paragraph. apologies. but in all seriousness, though, you're an amazing author, and i can't wait to see what happens next! if real life gets in the way, i completely understand - take as long as you need - but the hella invested reader in me is vibrating aggressively on the edge of her seat for more. again, thanks so much for writing it - no matter how long it might take, your newest reader/fic devotee will absolutely be waiting for the next update with bated breath!
Bubblekins1010 chapter 21 . 3/16
DUN DUN DUN! And the plot thickens! Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I can't wait for the next update! You're doing great, I really want to see how Alex gets his poor behind (And tom/his classmates) out if this fine mess!
Angela chapter 21 . 3/15
Wow! I'm too lazy to go back and read the old chapters, but I can really see how your writing has improved over the hiatus!
FLARECROWN chapter 21 . 3/14
The story was awesome, lot of drama and suspense, can't wait for the next chapter.
Zapoteca chapter 21 . 3/13
You are an amazing writer. And you have no idea how hard it was to start with something clear and rational like that sentence whe my whole brain is going AAAAAAAAAH A NEW CHAPTER OF HIOP! Yes, the multiple exclamation points were necessary. I remember starting this fic in high school, and loving it, and I've kept checking back and retreading it over and over these past years, and you know what? It's always wonderful. It just never stops being great- the steady build of pressure and exhaustion on Alex at camp, the slow construction of relationships between him and k unit, between him and Manning, the frankly brilliantly realistic shifts and strain in his relationship with Tom, and Blunt's
WHAAT chapter 21 . 3/12
YOU UPDATED AND IT'S GREAT!

So much awesome development. I'm also super grateful that it's like a new arc, because it's been quite a while and new arcs are easier to follow.

:D

You rock my socks off! So awesome! So much! I love your writing!

I absolutely love how I can learn new words from you. You're amazing. XD

See you round!
StarTrail chapter 21 . 3/12
oh my god this story is so amazing I read it in a day but now I really need to go to bed ahhh! I can't wait for your next update!
3,216 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »