Reviews for Sloths in the Closet
AmericanGecko chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Wow...that's all I have to say.

And kudos to Kim's parents for an interesting way to do that.
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
I see no "The End" for this story...will there be a 'next' chapter? Anyways, the story itself was pretty amusing. So Kim was 'made' in her own car...LOL! No wonder she has 'no car.' Until next time.

Danny
CastaS chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
i enjoyed it, great one.
Randy C chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
If I were forced to compare this story to a poultry product, I would compare it to a chicken egg. And the reason why is because it is neatly packaged, elegantly simple, and self-contained. The reviewer is almost at a loss to praise it beyond the obvious proclamation of its greatness. Even with that being the case, this story shows you are more than capable of writing stories that do more than just emulate the format of the show (not that there's anything wrong with that considering the continued brilliance of "Through the Cracks"). The subject matter is as non-Disney as one can get without adding lesbians, yet still retains the spirit of the show. One can't help but think of the potential of a KP made for the primetime audience. In my "Cracks" reviews, I have often implored that aspiring writers on this site should look at your output for guidance. I'm afraid I'll have to do just that once again, with this being an example of how one can handle mature subject matter while still remaining sweet. Bravo.
Stand Alone Battle A.I chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
that was sneaky... and hilarious. i especially love the ending.

keep it up!
Akinyi chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Suddenly I'm majorly uneasy about getting my dad's old car next year. I wonder why...

That's it, burn the car. It's just not worth it. Either that, or Kim should sell it and buy all the brainwashing shampoo she can afford. She'll need it.

Great fic! It was a fun read!
MrDrP chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
"I don't have a car, Ron," she said acidly with her arms crossed.

Taught about capturing a teen's reaction to a very uncomfortable sitch!

As always, a nicely paced, well-written story. Thanks!
Meca Vegeta chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
decendant of the irish blood!
AtomicFire chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
“I don’t have a car, Ron,” she said acidicly with her arms crossed.

The car belongs to the ages! Kinda fits that she found her sloth after all then doesn't it? lol

Nice work, thanks for the great read!
whitem chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Well, I guess that's one way Mr. Dr. P. makes sure there isn't a shot-gun wedding...

Kim could also have the Tweebs do a "Bio-Sweep" of the back seat to make sure everything is clean...

Oh... and I remember "Trash-Can Parties"! Not much for details, but I remember them... heh heh...
mkusenagi2 chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I Grin With This Story! ;3 ;) ;D

What else can I say? It's good. A Zendinger of a story.

MK2
Natasel chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
The story is bloody brilliant.

Its so simple and so very Possible.

Kudos to you.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Well so much for THAT date-night adventure with our two heroes. LOL!

Sneaky, her parents are! It'll be several years before Kim really learns about this little deception, but I'll bet it comes to light when her daughter is about to date and a family car is available for her usage...

CB73
Molloy chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
For with men and women, with men's men and women's men, with men's women and women's women, with men's and women's men, with men's and women's women, all is possible, as far as can be ascertained, in this connextion. - Samuel Beckett

First and foremost-great title!

Your forte, as evidenced by "Through the Cracks," is channeling the actual spirit of the series. However, you are equally successful when you transfer that spirit into non-series-esque sitches. You did it with "Little Black Dress," and you do it here.

As clever and funny as the overall story arc for this one-shot is, the real strength, for me, is the character presentations. You handled both heroes very well. The application sitch at the story's beginning was presented with light-hearted complexity-from both inside and outside their heads.

Your skills at portraying Kim stay second to none. Many writers (myself included) have a tendency to present her in one mode for the better part of a chapter. However, you display her rainbow of emotions very, very well and over very short spaces of time. Her reaction to her discovery and her parents' explanation is a great example of this. Your Kim goes from major tweakdom to the verge of tears to fluffiness to unmitigated revulsion in a matter of a few moments and it ALL rings true!

Not to shortchange your portrayal of Ron, you succeeded in doing something that many fanfics avoid - developing his character. His teasing of Kim in the attic over her certificate and his smooth inquiry into his "surprise" displayed sides of him that don't get a much attention in fanfics and still kept him in character. And his ability to learn from past mistakes was very well handled since it did not diminish his Ronnish nature-it just "matured" it somewhat. This was especially true at the story's close since his wisdom dovetailed with a very Ronnish need-food.

Shamefully limited list of highlights:

*Very nice play with MrsDrP's maiden name and the series' inconsistent representations of the Possible home.

*“Very. Good. Things,” he squeaked.

* The touching family moment was over as Kim bolted off the couch shuddering with disgust.

* “I just kept walking. I’m not going to make the same mistake three times.”

I was only confused on one point. At the very end, Ron thinks, "When Kim was ready, she’d tell him." Initially, I thought this referred to what had gotten her so tweaked. But then I started thinking that "When Kim was ready" might be placing "Very. Good. Things." in an extremely more amped light than I had first assumed.

One thing I was NOT confused about however was your story's status as a "Very. Good. Thing."
Karon19 chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
That would be an embarrassing moment for any parent. Well least something good came out of it.

Knight