Reviews for Misery Is Interesting
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
...Wow...that was amazing.

To me, however, it was less of a pairing than a character exploration, and I loved every second of it.
Don't Use Anymore chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I liked it. The pairing was interesting and you wrote it quite well I must say.
JC 87 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Finally! A Ryuk/Sayu fic. I thought I would never see the day. I knew I couldn't be the only one out there who thought that these two would make a unique couple!

I really like this. It's not what I would have imagined, but it was a pleasant surprise to find it. I have sort of been dabbling in writing, but I haven't written anything new in a good couple of years. just as well, I tend to swing towards those sappy/happy endings. If i could write better than before.

This is refreshing and an interesting take on this relationship. I hope you someday write another one.
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Oh my gosh. This was really good, so bleak and nihilistic and painful. I thought Ryuk was really IC - his boredom and his shinigami callousness really came through strongly and you really got the strangeness and sadness of DN properly.

Ow. I kind of wish I hadn't read it because it's so sad, but at the same time I'm really impressed. Good work ;)
WeaponsMisstressTenten chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
I don't care if it was crack it was good. XD I'm impressed that this could be pulled off.
thepennameboo chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
very odd pairing but i loved it. lol
chiisana-inori chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Wow! Very yummy stuff. :) The interaction, pacing, and flow were all so distinctive and engaging. I was very impressed how you handled a crack pairing so easily. Outstanding job!

Chi
Kleine Aster chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
I was impressed with the fic already when I read it the first time around! I like how you work with Ryuks unfeeling attraction with humans in peril, and then work very carefully towards his attraction to Sayus case. Ryuk/Sayu attraction is hard to pull off, but you did it well, focusing on what Sayu has become after the kidnapping and Ryuks curiosity. I especially liked the last part, where he feels this sort of desire towards her but at the same time realizes that he isnt made for this sort of thing. This kind of desire has something really sad and hopeless to it, which makes the Shinigami appear a little sad. Thats unusual for Ryuk and I like it. Also, the way Sayus pain was portayed was excellent. I like the sad, morbid feel of the fic. Its more than simply a crackpairing-fic, its a very intense observation of human turmoil.

Best,

eightball
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Woah, that is the perhaps the most bizarre pairing I've EVER read and you made it work. Kudos to that, a million x a million kudos just for making Ryuk in character and just for making Raito a perfect heartless bitch. Woah, I'm intrigued by this and I really want to read that L/Sachiko fic now. Yeah, I'm a strange kid who loves to read really weird pairings. I know.

- TBP
Heavenly Faye-Faye chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
:D I liked this! I've only recently gotten into Death Note, and Ryuk is my favorite character - but so far, this is the only story that I've found about him! D: Oh well, even though this is a very odd pairing, I'm glad I stumbled onto this.

P.S. - This is added to my favorite story list, because you kept all the characters IN character. You get a virtual apple! :D
SetsunaNoroi chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
God this was cool. I've only started reading Death Note recently, but Ryuk is already my favorite character. I think you did him great justice. And I think his thought about what human things he'd like to do to her but can't was stangely in character as well. Makes me wonder if Shinigami can... No, I'm not getting into that can of worms. Again, great.

Peace Out.
Mort chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Dearest! I just looked over your reviews and realised that mine was posted completely wrong...it didn't just end with O.O. You fic didn't restrict me to just O.O.

It actually continued..O.O
Call it Karma chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
AMAZING.

honestly...the only thing missing is apples...and then you'd have captured ryuk on a screen of black and white
agent.mint chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
All I can say is wow. It reads like a normal, serious fic too. O_o Extremely well done.

kr