Reviews for The Red Pennant
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Oh... So sad.
Certh chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Wow. So sad and so beautiful.
awaylaughingonafastcamel chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This was touching.. Great work!
Phoenix Boy chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Short but there's something very moving about this. I like the simplicity. Thank you
Rian Steelsheen chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I'm glad that you let the story "ran in it's own direction", I like sad and beautiful stories; they're the best when they are well written. Yours is: you managed to make me feel sad, and that's not an easy task!

Great job, I loved the style!
trecebo chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Don't'cha just love when the story takes over? I do. It makes itself more, I dunno, real and deep. This was excellent in its depth and despair, even.
Cattiechaos chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
It gave me the goose bumps - but in a good way.

It sounded so sweet and hopeful, I almost had a heart attack

when I realized that Faramir was *dead*. I mean, it just seemed

like one of those stories where everything is happily ever after,

and then...*sniffle*
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Yes, unspeakably sad, and you have me weeping, but beautifully written. This different style of writing works well for you.

- Deandra
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
I love stories about believable OC characters, especially ones who don't turn the tides of war. The writing is good, though - as always - I personally have more trouble following in first person. That's mostly because I have little practice reading it, however.
Cressida1 chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I think your experiment was successful. The "new" writing style works very well! The ending was really sad. I liked the understated reactions of both the narrator and Faramir.

BTW, until I read your author's note, I thought this might be about the battle at Osgiliath just before Boromir leaves for Imladris.

One thing I wondered is when the narrator is speaking. Is it while the war is still going on, or afterward? If it's afterward, did she keep the cloth until after the war, or did she burn it right away?

Anyway, I hope you'll keep experimenting!
the3bears chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
that was brilliant; really sweetly written. One of the rare quality shorts.
The Traveller chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Oh, my. What a touching story. It is hard to move me, and yet for some reason your piece just did. It is well-crafted and delicatly written.

Well done.
irene chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
A very fine story. Thank you!
the fool on the hill chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
would it be alright if i just said to read my review for your poem, or not? in any case, it's just as touching and deep. hope to see more of this from you-though i've taken a fancy to your poems.