Reviews for Fish Out Of Water
IITYWYGMAH chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
do not get to many gordon stories, I like the little quirks gordon discribes like alan with the 16 hours on the phone and thinking maybe john has a hiddin cupboard of fun, well not gordons Idea of fun.

I love that a good part of gordons decision to take johns place is to be out of reach when Alan opens his gift, that just sounds so like gordons character.

you really bring the family to life with just the little snippets of normal life that make your writing a pleasure to read.

I never even think about how john could be the last person someone talks to, that is true in the real world as well with rescueres and 911 operators, that little bit brings reality to your story.

it is great to read stories in this catagory that are not all mary sues, lost sisters or unnessasary whomp.

can not wait to read the rest of your work.

tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Great story! Love how you explored exactly why Gordon's uncomfortable on 5 and how John and Alan deal with it. Kudos!
boojum chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Loved it.

It all came together in such a nicely-paced, seamlessly tidy piece, in a conversational tone that rang true to character and provided just the right amount of background info without ruining things.

The difference Gordon draws between the different styles of social interaction that satisfy himself, John, and Alan was a wonderful bit of insight.

You were absolutely right to leave the nature of Gordon's birthday gift up to our imagination. I know I can't begin to think up anything half as fiendishly original and appropriate as he did.

Now, of course, the world awaits a companion piece, told from the viewpoint of the

'bird under water' - or from the view of TB4's usual 'master', anxiously watching from geostationary orbit as a relief pitcher takes his cherished sub out.

Thanks, and have a Happy New Year!

(and if I missed cleaning up any typos, or lost the thread of any sentences, I apologise. it's late, and a cat was helping me)
Math Girl chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Now... I'm going to say this nicely, and with patience: there's more to come. *Right?* Clearly, it is not your intent to torment others with a half-finished, cliff-hanging, nail-biter. There; I've put you on author alert, in hopes of another chapter.

mcj chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Well done Cath. A good story which I enjoyed immensely. congratulations on such fine work

BoomerCat chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
I firmly believe the reason this story was the first one posted in the challenge was because it was the best. I LOVE this story. You are rapidly becoming my favorite Gordon writer!
quiller chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
I enjoyed reading this in the challange and would like to see you continue it. Then we can see how Scott copes underwater - and find out what G gave Alan for his birthday!
andrewjameswilliams chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Great story I really enjoyed reading it. Gordon up in Thunderbird Five is a novel idea, I like it as its as far away from his natural elements as possible.

I especially like how you capture Gordons' thoughts.

Great story.
Lillehafrue chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
This was great. I loved seeing it all from Gordon's prespective yet without him saying a word. The space vs. water comparisons were excellent. I never thought of space that way. And it was a new side of Gordon that we saw, not the practical joker, easy going guy we know and love, but a real person; one with fears and hopes of his own.

And now Gordon gets to sit on the other side of the rescue, a rescue that he would be in his element in. (Did that make sense?) While part of me hopes you go on with this, I like it ending just the way it did.
i'peckable being lazy chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Oh, that was a lovely little piece. I like the bit about Gordon having to think in reverse when in space. And his description of Scott underwater.
Tikatu chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Excellent first person from Gordon's POV and I really like the way you've tied in your other stories here. The business about the differences between space and underwater is excellent; the part about "no swimming back" really caught my attention. And showing how Gordon's personality isn't really suited for a life without social interactions. Nice to see that John is trying to keep him in the loop. Also liked the comparison of Scott to a "bird underwater". Very descriptive.

Very nice fic, cathrl! I enjoyed it immensely.