Reviews for Broken Promises
moosiebell chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
you know you don't have to show you don't like martha in the story...I like martha! Don't get me wrong though, I'm a major 10/rose shipper though! But that doesn't mean you have to not like her! I'm not in love with the fact that martha like the doctor but it adds to series 3's story! Suggestion: Don't show that you don't like martha in your stories. It drives Martha-likers away and does nothing for the Martha-dislikers and in the end that means less views, favs, follows and reviews.

moosiebell

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean this is not a flame review! OK?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Wow. ok. your wonderful writing just killed my feels and brought me to tears. thanks for that.
Audrey chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
This almost brought me to tears. Marvelous work. This one-shot was beautiful. I liked Martha, but she just wasn't… Rose.
Nellas Aldarion chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I just wanted to compliment you on another great story. Your writing style is fantastic, very deep and descriptive, and it suits your subjects quite well. You also obviously have a very deep understanding of the characters and their relationships and personal struggles. I also wanted to tell you that you aren't the only one saddened by season three. David Tennant gives many fantastic, if heartbreaking, performances that I sometimes find a bit difficult to watch myself. Which is really just further testament to his skill. You do a really wonderful job of capturing that, especially here in this fic. Kudos!
Prayers to Castiel chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Dang you just brought out all the sad, unhappy feelings that I had gotte- *gets interrupted by a cough* ok learned to accept the hard way. Seriously did the writers just randomly go "Lets throw out everyones favorite character and the Doctor's love even though he wont admit for fun and see what happens!" I would have stopped watching if I hadnt loved the show so much
StarryNight101 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Arrrghhhh. Poor Doctor! *huggles him* WHY DOES DOOMSDAY HAVE TO EXIST? I like Doctor!angst, quite a lot, actually. But Doomsday just breaks my heart. I never hated that scene, in fact I liked it quite a lot. I don't know why people would hate it! I mean, sure, the Doctor's a little rude to Martha, but I've always figured that it went sort of like this story. He didn't mean to upset her, it was more just thinking aloud about Rose, because he misses her so much. Anyways, lovely story.
Panda Slippers chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
You're not alone. My heart breaks for the Doctor often. His pain is so clear and raw, and I often find myself focusing on those moments more than the full episode. Great job with this fic.
Absentia chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
D'aaaw. And you know, this is basically what I always reasoned was behind the bed-sharing scene there. It was just so incredibly casual, how he was about it, a complete afterthought, and he likely never would have been so absentmindedly unthinking about it were it Rose. And then he went and warbled on about her like a heartsick fool. Yeah, couldn't really be jealous of Martha for an instant there. More pity, really, because here she was, stubbornly throwing herself at a man who was not only naturally oblivious, but so completely, obviously too recently heartbroken and still in love to even notice the thump at his feet.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
I love it! It's so sad! Wonderful writing!
T'Be chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Very nice. I am so glad you gave some deep insight into what the Doctor was thinking during this scene.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
I think this an absolutely brilliant take on what the Doctor was thinking; I love the instance of Rose saying just the right thing :)
vanessadeanne chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I'm slow to review because I wanted to wait to see the eps in the US before I read any fic. Anyway, my heart broke during that bed scene. I feel better after reading your fic. Thanks for healing my heart a little bit.
Rude and not Ginger chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Great fic.
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Oh, all this Doctor angst genuinely does make my heart ache. Seriously. There's a pain in my chest and all.

And this fic was so beautiful. That particular scene almost destroyed me. But this fic brought it into a beautiful context - though I'm not sure if it's even more painful now. But either way, it's still beautiful. :D
Bubblez-rocks-your-socks chapter 1 . 5/4/2007