Reviews for A Field Guide to Monsters
Mimic chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I really liked this, shame its too short. I would love to see their reactions if they knew about the marriage. But, somehow, I think they are smart enough to realize the girls looked too much like Shego.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Now THAT was short…

I wonder what motivated the writing of this. It’s a nice way of addressing the unknown side of Kim’s family, but it feels a bit wasted and empty with nearly nothing special happening.

I still found it heart-warming that the couple was willing to hold their great-granddaughters and were apparently content to do so. Somehow I doubt I’ll be seeing them again, but at least we got this.

Oh well, I’ll be at the next chapter soon enough.

Yours, “Going to his grandfather’s 70th birthday this weekend” Alexander/Alexlayer.

See ya!
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Great work.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
This was a sad story, good but sad.

RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I think this was one of your first stories I read, when you first posted it, but before I'd worked my way through the rest of BE Universe. I was impressed by how you worked Kim and Shego into a perfectly ordinary scene of familial dysfunction. I'm still impressed.

shinneodeus chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
A bit of humor and a bit of real life problems. Just like in life. Always a mix of tragic and comedy. Now I don't remember what spur means at the moment. Kinda afraid to google it

Read you later.
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Ok, somehow I doubt I'm ever gonna get this but what the hell is wrong with the grandparents?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
There really should be an expiration date on grudges and feuds. Just like old meat and dairy products, they don't get better with time.

It's sad to think that it took misdirection and lies to arange even such a brief reunion. Even sadder that the twins will never know anything of their great-grand parents except for a set of photos.
skyz chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
A pleasant break from Bleak House. I love the Best Enemies Universe. I really enjoy how Shego told off the grandparents like she did. Thanks.
1-winged slacker chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
This is quite depressing. My relationship with my grandfather is almost identical to this. Even so it's a powerful story. I agree with Shego, I'm surprised but glad that wound up the way she did. Too bad this will probably be the last time they get to see their great-granddaughters, but maybe that's for the best.
A Markov chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Once more you amaze me with your ability to capture the essence of real life and distill it into a savory drink. In surprisingly few words, you treat us to fully developed characters that we can all recognize. The depiction of sacrifices that parents are willing to make in order to preserve a sense of family for their children may go unappriciated by your younger readers, but I assure you it resonates with me.

The Humbug chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Heh... both cute and realistic at the same time. One dead plot bunny for you, another great little tale for us! Thanx!
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Hmm. Not really what I expected, but it was still quite amusing. I'm wondering if you'll have Kim's mom's parents show up again or if this was their only appearance. Though, I wonder how Shego would react if she had to spend more time with them just talking. _ Anyway, thanks for posting this. It was quite good. _