Reviews for Walking the Line
cpt chapter 22 . 8/12/2014
I kind of want to thankyou for writing this topic the way you have (not the way most people do, either glorified we're outcasts anyway kind of way, or vicious and hateful)
This was written so well and lovely and now I feel like I should go read damnation even though I suspect it will kill me.
Rachel McN chapter 23 . 5/15/2014
I found your writing style so unique and engaging. After reading through your trilogy I can honestly say you had me hooked through the whole thing. You definitely have a talent! The past and present stories strung well together, letting the reader gradually learn as the story progresses. At parts it almost feels like a string of consciousness. I hope to one day write a story half as impressive as this one! Bravo, and thank you for sharing this story with us
SleepingSeeker chapter 23 . 2/15/2014
I'm going to pull my strength and carry on to Damnation. But know that this fic has impacted me in so many ways, and no doubt will haunt me until I lie dying.

I may never fully understand why, but there is more here between these written lines and the life I had, the childhood marred, the past a hidden secret, retold a million times in my own mind, reedited and re scripted to make sense, to fill voids with nothing but air where substance should have been. You have written down my blood and bones in this story and I ... am afraid and feel exposed. But I have to press on and read the rest, if anything, like Leonardo, I need to find the missing pages.
SleepingSeeker chapter 20 . 2/14/2014
This is so heart-breaking, gosh, I wish I could talk to you, you don't know what this story is doing to me, what effect it's having on me. I am currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird to help me understand, though so much of this I do, from personal experience, unfortunately.
SleepingSeeker chapter 15 . 2/2/2014
Eep! Was not expecting this turn of events at all. Excellent and surprising!
SleepingSeeker chapter 10 . 2/2/2014
Oh I knew that's what the schematics were for! Yay! I guessed it right!

Loved Mikey in this, oh you nailed his complexity, too much is he marginalized and diminished in the newest incarnations and in so many fanworks, probably even in some of my own. Well done!
SleepingSeeker chapter 9 . 2/2/2014
Your handling of this is delicate and to me it hits a little too close to home.

Growing up so isolated...Splinter twisting Leonardo into something he wasn't meant to be...the curiosity...the longing and all the natural urges that come with it at this age...ih but the weight of this...to have to carry this heavy, ugly thing in the pit of your stomach for the rest of your life. I dunno. I believe the story stands fine without these two chapters, and honestly could be their own, separate story, but that being said - you make it work inside this universe - this Raph and Leo going through what they're going through - you made me see how it could happen...actually...well, no not on a public forum. Maybe never.

It is an ugly thing to carry.

I have never stayed up past midnight reading a fanfic before - I've done it with published fiction but you alone have written something that compelled me to continue reading and come back to it at 5 am. Quite a feat, my friend.
SleepingSeeker chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
Oh excellent, Loved Leo's support of Raph's actions at the end there. Lizzie's reactions to realizing and confronting the truth that she already knew well and good was superb.
SleepingSeeker chapter 4 . 2/1/2014
wow. Blown away.
I feel that it lies in Splinter's mistakes - that much of this took root and festered. I am not known for my fondness of the rat - I am not sure why I am often provoked into writing him cold, distant and harsh, but perhaps it is my own inner dislike, my own defiance towards authority figures that stand so immovable so righteous in their own narrow wisdom. I rail against it. And thus, my Splinter is often depicted skewed, to some. But here in this chapter it is very clear to me. He is not perfection. He is not knowledge complete. He is in fact, as fallible as any other. And given the role of not only teacher, but father, parent, the damage he creates is that much more far reaching.
All the broken pieces . . . sewn together with poorly constructed intentions . . . all the misunderstandings . . . all the unfairness thrust between two brothers who should be whole. Who would have been had there been no competition, no placement of one over another by this authority figure. If given the chance to really be equals, none of the anger and hurt would have gone to seed . ..
Oh well done. Well done, indeed.
SleepingSeeker chapter 3 . 2/1/2014
eeee! Love it - why can't I be more articulate - you deserve so much more - but I'm just completely drawn in and I can't stop reading this! I can't!
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 2/1/2014
Raphael is really a beautiful beast throughout these stories. I think you have an affinity for him...
NinjaWolf10 chapter 23 . 10/26/2013
Brilliant story, now on to read the damnation chapters.
Lucy chapter 23 . 4/12/2013
I apologize for saying that the two dark interludes were wrong, i was mainly disturbed that Leonardo (who happens to be my favorite) was the one making raph commit incest.

i must say this story (including the first two prequels) were AMAZING and i loved them. Thank you.
Lucy chapter 8 . 4/11/2013
Great interlude but what you made Leo and raph do - and though I like the fact that it makes the story much more interesting - IS JUST WRONG!

But thanks for the great stories :)
LionsChild chapter 23 . 7/17/2012
Third part comes to an end, huh? I turned out to be a real sucker for your different-as-usual interanctions between Raph and Leo...
Yet, I found some inconsistencies: for one, haven't you written in OHaI that Leo identified the poison in the shurikens he was pinned by as arsenic or something? Here in the first chapter you said in was belladonna and wild cherry. Some mixup or did I get it wrong (I'm too lazy to look it up)?
Nevermind, the story-arc still rocks