Reviews for Misdirect, Moment
mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/30
I remember reading this year ago, back when I first got into DCMK... still one of my favourite reinterpretations :P Poor Saguru... immortality just ain't working out for him... but at least the moment featuring Kaito should be fun XD
Abe Lincoln Lover chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Well, GEEZ, Hakuba, if you weren't such a British prick then MAYBE you'd have more friends... -_-

No but really good story. Beautiful, touching, and actually kind of sad. Kaito's the only good guy there, because he's just plain insane. And hates immortality. And he's going to die eventually so yeah... Hakuba's screwed. No more friends for you! lol I don't even know what I'm writing anymore...
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Heh. That was fun, and awwww. Poor lonely thing. And Kaito, not sane enough for greed? There's a recommendation for you.

It occurs to me that a number of Hakuba's behaviors whose absurdity one can excuse on the basis of youth become much odder from a man some thousands of years old, which I take to mean he actually has a sense of humor he just hides very well. I.e., Sherlock Holmes cosplay. :D

Now also contemplating his phenotype. It's relatively unique, the Japanese/Anglo cross look, and ten thousand years ago the Han Chinese weren't yet extant, let alone the Germanic peoples. Though actually I have honestly no idea what Neolithic Chinese looked like. Huh. Either way good lord, would he have been a giant in his youth. For most of his life, really. The identity of Hakuba Saguru must be about the closest to passing for normal he's ever managed. Uh, in terms of appearance, I mean. I wonder how he got Hakuba-san in on this cover story. I wonder if his 'mother' in England actually exists.
Robyn S. Mockingbird chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Very cool, and definitely not what I expected. Six friends, especially.
Dannichigo chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
An incredible story. I am completely and utterly stunned by this story you have written. Completely. I love it so much! Amazing stuff. I hope we see some similar things in the Magic Kaito or Detective Conan. Maybe not Saguru, but it would be an awesome plot twist. -
Sora Kuraiika chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
F*cking amazing. That is all I can say about this.
restless-soul63 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I hope you know how brilliant you are and if you don't well you are! Completely and utterly enjoyed this :)
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
HOLY MOTHER OF $#!7

Hakuba? HAKUBA? *stares in amazement*

...I've honestly never seen this before. I am flabergasted and yet eerily pleased with this.

Hakuba.

Man is that going to try and breed bunnies in my head.
ihonestlydontknow chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Oh, oh, oh, this story... it's just... beautiful. Simply gorgious. Awe-inspiring. So wonderfully well-done. I love it. It almost made me cry! Thank you, thank you for wrighting it.
alynawatlovers chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
wow... talk about a twist. That was AMAZING! :D
kaitou-pandora chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I've read this story already and just realized that I never reviewed it, so here.

Great story, great plot, perfect the way it is but I certainly wouldn't object if you ever chose to continue it. The plot bunny's been giving me weird looks for the past eight months! And frankly, the way you've written this story makes it perfectly believable as canon, minus the fact that even all the canon weirdness in Detective Conan would make it likely to happen. Magic Kaito, on the other hand, has magic as canon, so . . .

Anyway, ignore the random tangent above. Great story, and keep up the good work!
Twinkie chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Very interesting take on it. I have to say, I like it, it's not often one comes across something quite like this. Personally, I'd hate to be immortal, things would get so boring. I liked the statistics at the end, and Kaito's magic tricks as he talks to Hakuba. It's sounds pretty logical, though I wonder how the syndicate got gem out of it all.
puregarnet chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
That was great! Short but sweet, not to mention reasonable and logical. All the facts fits to make the big picture. I do hope you make a sequel!
Katty008 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
And that is how you screw with the gene pool: make someone immortal. Nice.
bobbyneko chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Cool. this was very cool. Such a unique idea.