Reviews for The Music Box Dancer
BlackHeartedFriend chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
This story is amazing! I loved it!
jacob chapter 2 . 7/2/2007
that is freaky, but exellent! could you teach me how to write like that?
Skullbank chapter 2 . 5/15/2007
That was pretty quick, but I loved your characterizations, so it was fun. It did bother me that you directly compared Leota to Maleficent, though. She was cool, I loved your evil Leota, but it was kinda jarring. And I was hoping the conclusion would give more insight on how disposing of Julia effected Leota’s plan, rather than just what happened to her. I know it’s the point of the story, but I care enough to wonder, that’s all.
Aquarian Wolf chapter 2 . 5/11/2007
Just fantastic! I loved this story and I'm really looking forward to any more HM based fanfics from you. I've been recommending this to all of my friends.

A side note...

I've always liked seeing LL portrayed as a mischievous child, and George as eccentric, yet playful. I think every HM fanfic writer draws from the Ghostly Gallery and its castmember and fan created bios (myself included). But some of the stories from it I didn't care for, or I didn't like the personalities given to the characters. (ie. I didn't think someone who later became the Ghost Host would be so brooding and angsty. Or why he wouldn't feel grief over Lily's death, someone he'd been married to for quite some time, but would commit suicide over a girl he hardly knew and had married for her money anyway.) I love seeing someone take the basic blueprints and then put a different spin on them. There's quite a few stories that are pretty much just lengthier, detailed versions of the Ghosty Gallery stories. These, in my opinion, aren't bad at all, nor do I think it means the writer lacks creativity. I like reading these too. But I always appreciate it when someone instead makes their own story or does their own interpretation of the characters. ("Gallery of the Macabre" by WerecatBoy offers a new spin on the stretch and changing portraits. "Hangman's Requiem" is a great example of doing something totally different. I think Dame Hetchel wrote it. The Christine stories offer a neat new Gracey character. Blue Paratrooper's hitchhiker centered stories always make me crack up... I just sound like a commercial at this point, don't I? :-p ) I loved how quirky your George was, and yet made him believable as a dignified aristocrat, while giving him very human emotions. Julia was a great character too. It was so sweet how she interacted with LL. The music box was an awesome idea, and I thought the creepy ending was perfect. (It brought to mind the old Tales from the Crypt comics or Goosebumps books I'd read when I was a kid.)

Keep this up!
Mr. Nobody chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
This is great so far. Amazing work. You are great with words and unbelievable with description. I can not wait to read more of it.
Aquarian Wolf chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Wow! Just simply fantastic so far! I love this and I'm adding it to my alert list. (Werecat Boy's already put it into the archive.) You've done your homework! All of the little nods to Imagineers are great touches and very much appreciated. Your writing is wonderful and the plot is-heh, allow me a George moment for a sec-spooktacular. Keep up the fantastic work. I'm really looking forward to reading more!

Oh, and "...he’d never liked tight things around his neck." made me chuckle. :p

If you'd like to join, feel free to go into the HM RPG in the message boards here. It's called Ghostly Retreat, and you can jump into an existing plot if you want, or start your own. And if you ever stop by the doombuggies website you might see me in the chat as FreesFreak9.

Happy Haunting!