Reviews for The Patience Game
flikaroo chapter 1 . 3/30
Chapter 1 was a really fun read. A clever training exercise and game rolled into one. I also enjoyed Chapter 5, Donnie can't fix everything. Poor Mikey's bum!
Was Raph calling it a freak just to make a point to mikey
Madame Lady chapter 5 . 11/27/2007
Wow, this is awesome! D (I'd send a review for each chapter, but I'm just lazy. Sorry.)

I loved the detail of the game they played in the first chapter. There's no way I could play it, though. xD My mind would wander, much like Donnie's. Plus, I haven't built up enough endurance yet. Standing on one leg and kicking with the other is harder than you'd think! I read your profile, so I know you know this like I do from experience with martial arts.

On that note, I enjoy reading about kicks and puches I know how to do. Cx Points to you!

The second chapter had me giggling. The interactions between April and Casey are hilarious, as they should be.

It's always great to find someone who really knows how to get a story across, by setting it up slowly, not all at once. You, I must say, are awesome.

Chapter three: THE PLOT THICKENS! D I'm pretty sure I know where this story is going, and I wanna see how it turns out!

Haha, Mikey's so cute in the fourth chapter. Michaelangelo Distraction Turtle? xD Adorable!

And the PVC bo staff was genius. Okay, I'll admit it...I've taken a length of my Dad's 1" PVC and pretended it was a bo...So this was particularly fun for me. x3 Secret weapon. Oh yeah.

Standalone WIN! Gotta love Donnie. Poor guy, the only one not knowing. I understand where Leo and the guys are coming from, though, not wanting someone who picks everything apart. My sister has a hard time with Mom doing that very thing.

You might've had a hard time writing this chapter, but it turned out pretty great.

So, anyway...It's been a while since you last updated this 'fic. I hope you haven't abandoned it, I really had a great time reading it so far.
Lunar-ninja chapter 5 . 5/13/2007
Woohoo! Update!

(giggles) Don, you're in hot water...

Don is the bane of my existence too. . But I think you did great with him! D Update soon!

Sassyblondexoxo chapter 4 . 5/9/2007
Nice job so far. Easy sense of humor, fun to read, perfect amount of drama and action. You've reeled me in!
Lunar-ninja chapter 4 . 5/9/2007
YES! Update! Oh thank you, THANK YOU! (glomps thee and proceeds to read)

(chuckles at Mike's 'compie in shoe' comment)

(giggles) Oh sheesh, Leo, think before you ask Raph such a thing...This should be a good distraction. D

Wow, Raph, came close to getting your shell shellacked there. (chuckles at Mike's improvised weapon) Awesome chapter once more, can't wait for the next! ;)

moogsthewriter chapter 4 . 5/8/2007
This is pretty sweet! I really liked Mikey's explanation for using the pipe - it was really good! Keep up the awesome work!

moogsthewriter
Lunar-ninja chapter 3 . 5/7/2007
(breathed) Dude...This is an awesome story you've got here! D You have every turtle nailed...And the game in the first chapoter made me grin. ;) Keep it up, ya got another fan in me!

Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Okay, THIS was cute, a nice interactive game between brothers. Very well done.

I'll get to chapter 2 tomorrow. Right now, I need to say night night to my computer.

Oh, and once again, welcome to the TMNT fandom. :0)

And, just so you know, I LOVE DS9! We have the last season DVD's in fact. I think it was one of the better Star Trek incarnations.

Be blessed,

Rene'
Reinbeauchaser chapter 3 . 5/7/2007
Seems I'm reading this out of order. But, I've already copy pasted those areas needing a bit of attention, so I'll go back and read chapter 1 through 2 as soon as I'm done here. :0)

First up...what is the 'blade of Leo's foot'? Not sure what that means. Sounds like it's going to be his sword, until you inserted 'Foot'. Here's the sentence. . . The shorter of the two fumbled to raise his gun when the back of his head met with the blade of Leo’s foot. Did you mean 'the flat of Leo's foot'? Blade works, then, if that's what you implied.

In this sentence, I think 'has' should have been 'had' since you are writing this in past tense narrative. . .Raph leapt off of the ledge he has tucked himself away on and glared across the room.

I think you forgot to add 'a' in-between 'where' and 'voice'. . . “They’re coming and we need to go.” Leo replied firmly, cocking his head towards the stairwell where voice could be heard. . . or maybe you forgot to pluralize 'voice'?

Well, since I haven't read the first chapter yet, I'm at a loss as to what's going on, of course, but - despite that - this is very well done. Sounds very exciting, too! I think this is a great start overall, um, well, a great first TMNT story, anyway, since this is not the start but chapter 3. LOL

Good work and welcome to the fandom! :0)

Be blessed,

Rene'
Gadoken King chapter 3 . 5/6/2007
Awesome stuff, dude. I'm loving all the little quips that date back to the old movie. And as a fellow turtle character delving person, I can safely say there's no problem with the way you are doing things. Sometimes stories need to start a bit slow. But you don't want action to get in the way of your character development. What good is action without realistic characters to back it up? Keep up the good work, and I'll keep reading.
artykidd chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
An interesting set up for a story. Your writing is very enjoyable to read and the words flow together very well. I am curious as to where this will head. I'm also secretly rooting for Michelangelo to get the tag on Leo before his brother strikes. Keep up the great work and I anxiously await the next installment.
Deleted Airy chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
This was a great read. I love reading stories that really bring out the turtles unique personalities. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!