Reviews for Naufrage
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
adrift in a sea of troubles... the water/sea has always been used as a metaphor for life as well as other things (sea of humanity, etc.) and this was so very apt description of inyasha's life, his meeting kikyou and kagome. i like that kagome is his mainland and that her patience and forbearance paid off in the end. lovely!

an anime/manga recommendation:
if you've never seen/read/heard of 'rurouni kenshin' i would like to recommend it. they've made a new live action movie that has been released internationally and it is really great (a live action adaptation of an anime series done right) and they've released two more live action sequel movies that follow the next arc of the manga (the dvds should be out soon)... they've released a new OVA series and a brand new/different manga story that the movie is partially based on and recently they've started a back story for the main bad guy... hopefully they'll film the next two arcs of the original manga shortly since it did so great at the box office.

if you copy/paste the following codes in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers :

90ubrsSxrKc -subbed trailer.

yaLOPVAuJs4 -raw character profile trailers.

PvmcNKM-jEo -subbed first episode of the anime.

8qRFhP5PhMk -live action depiction of the dojo fight scene in the above episode.

a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the next two sequel movies (one of the options listed is subbed).

bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)

NCei4Vm1ZP8 -the latest trailers (subbed)
4rx4mmN_JpE

there are a few parallells in 'inuyasha' and 'rurouni kenshin'. in the author's note for 'Rain' written by Fenikkusuken (an inuyasha author) she said, "I've found another conflicted swordsman with an inner demon, exotically coloured long hair and a dead 'ex' issue. At least Kenshin's 'ex' stays dead, and Kaoru ends up more than just kissed!
enjoy!
gin
Hanyou Yogonem chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I love your use of words! Make more! And the story was nice!
Star Rhapsody chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
I haven't been on here for a while, but I had to go check up on your stories.

And I am incredibly impressed!

I think I almost cried during this fic. The metaphor was perfect, solid, and touching.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I love it to pieces. Every line of this story made me feel.

Amazing job!
inashosetai chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Wow... I think I was confused half the time, and my brain is still slow, but I thought it was a good one! Nice metaphors! Heheheh!
MeiunTenshi chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
wow another beautifully written one-shot!
oncloud8 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Damn, that was good. A big giant metaphor, yet it makes sense. And such a beautiful dedication.
Kristen Sharpe chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Lovely story. The sea, island and mainland metaphors were all just so perfect. The story has a lovely poetic feel, but, at the same time, the meaning is still clear. And, that's something I much appreciate as I'm one of those people who often just doesn't "get" metaphor, or poetry for that matter.
LoVe23 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
This was really sweet..I loved it...the imagery was wonderful!
sno-man80 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Very nice writing style. Period. I like poetic like delivery and devices, you use the parts of speech well, metaphors and what not. I'm happy to say you are now one of my favorite authors.
wildmage89 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
That was so cool. What an interesting concept. I really like how the land was a lady, and it fit so much into the story at the same time. Simply amazing. Keep up the good work!