Reviews for But One to the Wind
chiselchest chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
-Sighs- That was real nice; cute too.

Great Job!
Rat chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Beautiful little fic!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Aww, lovely.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Hi Pixel, don't know how I missed this one. Just loved it. You created a brilliant view of Sam anxiously wanting every detail of a story like a little kid. I could just see the two of them - Sam hanging on every word while Dean reminisced longingly about a life he could never really have. Oh God, poor Dean. Even now, it tugs at my heart to know what Dean gave up so that he could stay with Sam, to protect him. (We all know how well that played out - gah)

Yeah, it makes sense that Sam wouldn't ask that question because he does know the answer; probably feels guilty knowing that he's the reason Dean didn't stay in his "wonderful world". Gah again.

Thanks for sharing this with us. You are an amazing, creative writer. Looking forward to seeing more from you soon. Until next time...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
You wrote the perfect tag and answered the question about why Dean chose to wake up.

We all knew why and yet Sam would never ask.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Great job. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Oh lovely. I don't normally read fics with tiny word counts like this but it was perfect. Excellent job.

Cheers,

Sera
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Oh WOW! That was just absolutely beautiful! My favorite passage:

"Sam asks about Jessica when they go to sleep for the night in beds without the women they could have had by their sides. Dean tells him that Jessica liked to tell jokes at dinner just to see Sam choke on his drink and she loved Sam so much that she glowed with it. When he looks over to Sam, Dean sees his brother smiling through the tears in his eyes."

That got me a little misty myself! Really, really wonderful writing. Thank you so much for sharing it! :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Beautiful. I had tears in my eyes. That episode was perfect and this is a perfect tag. Thanks.
Phx chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I told myself I wasn't going to read any tags on this episode because, while I love angst, I felt there been enough Dean angst that it didn't need anythig else, but then I read this and I loved it.

I loved how Dean answered all of Sam's questions and shared that life with him. And you hit it on the head with why Dean did 'came' back - for Sam.

Aw...

Nice tag.

Phoenix
carocali chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Another beautiful piece from you. I love how patient Dean is with Sam and how Sam is respectful of what he's been through - enough so to not ask 'why' - knowing the answer, and knowing what it will do to both of them.

Awesome!

:D

Carolin
Anime's-mistress chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I can totally see this happening. Well done.
Arinia chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Best tag I've read so far. I agree, Dean came back for Sam.
marie chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
great follow-up story. i thought the show really missed a great opportunity for a major chick flick moment, so i'm glad to see so many authors making thier own.
Rachelly chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Aw! I loved this! I love the whole idea of the boys talking with Sam wanting to live vicariously through Dean's trance...to be back with Jess and to know his mom better even though it wasn't real..just to dream...just to imagine...Beautiful! I love how Dean patiently answers each and every one of Sam's questions and his answer about JEss...that she glowed with love for Sam...AW! I also love he reason he came back...I agree so much...Sam is real...and his life with his brother in reality is more important to him than his dreams and wishes. The show seemed to imply it was more that he needed to be the hero and save people...but I really think it would be more in Dean's character to go back for Sam with being the hero second. Great Job! Loved it!