Reviews for The Mirrormask
Zorn's Song chapter 3 . 1/15/2008
Ohh, this is different...and exciting. Keep it up! I eagerly look forward to the rest of the story!
terbear chapter 3 . 1/5/2008
I am anxious to read more of this new version of Erik and Christine, after discovering it today. I've been yearning for an update for The Waking Hour for a long time now, but I understand its delay after reading your A/N. You're one of my favorite authors and your stories intrigue me. Please continue as soon as possible and I hope 2008 will be a wonderful year for you! Thanks.
CarolROI chapter 3 . 9/13/2007
Interesting premise! In fact, it made me think of some questions. How long has Christine been blind? Since childhood? If so, any surgery to correct her sight will leave her with other problems. When blinded at a young age, children's brains do not develop the ability to process visual information correctly. The ability to recognize faces does not develop, nor does depth perception and the ability to process visual information automatically. I'll be very interested in seeing how you deal with it.
watchfob chapter 3 . 9/10/2007
YAY! An update! 8D

Iluffit! Iluffitsomuch! *can't wait for another chapter*
iluvphantom chapter 3 . 9/10/2007
Poor Erik! Nadir the sneaky matchmaker. What a wonderful chapter! More please..
Timeflies chapter 3 . 9/9/2007
Oh, the heavy emotions of being alone. More please.
Timeflies chapter 2 . 9/9/2007
Their souls touched when they sang for that short time. Reading on.
Timeflies chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Yes, it has been a while. Reading on.
Scourge of Nemo chapter 3 . 9/9/2007
Encouragement? You deserve it, certainly!

This is a WONDERFUl piece of literature. Not only would Erik have made an extremely excellent doctor, had he been born in this day an age, (provided that someone could get far enough past his face to employ him, and that he could force himself to do it) he does indeed-as another reviewer mentioned-have a strong urge to protect those whose positions are similar to his in many ways. I don't know about you, but I see MANY psychological similarities between Erik and a patient in a hospital. ...Alright, my mind's rather twisted, so you might not see anything there. I hope that babble got my point across, lol.

Also, it's rare that CHRISTINE is blind. I've seen ideas where she's mute... and where OC's are blind (blech, cliche), but VERY rarely where Christine herself lacks sight. That, combined with the fact that Erik is a doctor, makes this one of the most iventive (... Wow, I might have gone to Disney Land one too many times. I first wrote 'innoventive'...) pieces I've read in QUITE awhile.

Keep up the good work!

Oh- remember that when someone is speaking, there's a comma before the quotation mark instead of a period if you're tieing it together as a sentence. (Dang, I need to think of a better way to word that. I doubt you understood a word that I just said, lol. _)

EXAMPLE: “And you believe I can do something about that.” Erik finished.

That period should be a comma. You didn't make any mistakes there for the majority of the chapter, but there WERE a few.

Once again, keep up the excellent work! I can't WAIT for the next chapter!

P.S. Wow, I think that's the most encouraging review I've ever written...
olinjerad chapter 3 . 9/9/2007
This is really good, especially the beginning which really made the reader feel like a part of the story.
phantom-jedi1 chapter 3 . 9/8/2007
You need encouragement? Then I shall give it!

This story is quite wonderful: I have never read one with this particular idea behind it. A quick perusal of my battered copy of Susan Kay's version of the Phantom's tale makes this story all the more believable: "...a helpless creature who aroused his deep, and astonishingly contradictory, instinct to heal and protect..." (Nadir's words, the Persia section right after the ex-prime minister is assassinated).

Believe me, I can see Erik as a doctor, and an excellent one at that. And you indeed have caught hold of an amazing plot bunny! Do keep up! I can't wait to see what happens next.

Keep up the great work!

Phantom Jedi
iluvphantom chapter 2 . 7/31/2007
Love love the first chapter. Erik is a doctor! The first I've read of him in this profession. The song is so fitting of their first meeting. Christine blind and living in darkness, and Erik living in darkness of a different kind. They both are searching for that light.

Very tender meeting between the two. Can't wait for more.
watchfob chapter 2 . 7/25/2007

You updated! :D

I loved the start of it, please continue! And that song was lovely. :3
phantom-jedi1 chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
Very beautiful! You have a wonderful writing style: mysterious, yet one that flows well.

Good work with this chapter!

Phantom Jedi
Scourge of Nemo chapter 2 . 7/24/2007

I'm captivated. You awakened just the right amount of curiosity, and revealed the perfect amount of hints. Wonderful- I'm reading!