Reviews for After the war was over
AtuinIsLost chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Nice story- sweet, not smutty. Very well written- keep up the great work!
Liria Nai chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Brilliant _
Miota-Lee chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Very Canon, very good! I loved it. Even if René is quite ugly I think Grüuber deserves what he wants :)
Harriet123P chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is a completely wonderful story...one of the first I've read where René and Gruber actually stay in character! Beautiful. One thing though: surely the final line should be, "You stupid woman!"
Exocet chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Oh, this was so cute ! I always wanted René and Grüber to end up together, and of course they never did. But Grüber is amongst the cutest characters of the show, and I always felt bad for him, even though everything ended rather well for him. Honestly, had I been René I'd have run off with the lieutenant to Spain.

The only odd thing is why Denise didn't try once more to get René to marry her, especially with the war being over...

Anyway, Grüber totally deserves to live happily ever after with René (in fact, he deserves better than René, but love has its reasons...)
Zsidy chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
"You stupid woman! Can't you see what we are doing? Lieutenant Gruber was so afraid of those scray communist girls! If I'm not here to cath him, he would fall to the floor in shock!"

"Oh René, you're so gentle!" XDXD

Edith too naiv XD BTW great story :D
IAmTheLawXD chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
"Suddenly I am feeling very ill!" ROFL, I just loved that part! I laughed on it for 3 and a half min! This line was briliant, and so the whole story! Finally, our cutie Gruber got what he always wanted .
spretten chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
oh i want more!
mountlandlass chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
fantastic story!

Is there going to be another chapter? I know that it must be hard to write a story in english if it isn't your first lanuage but i am sure there are many people on here who would help you with gramma and spelling if you needed it.

xx KT xx
Dragon of the lost world chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
he he he, great story! are you planning to continue it? You have a very good writing style, though I do not feel the story needs to be rated M. T would be just fine.
Katherine chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
To the earlier commenter, Cerion: I think I recognize the author from elsewhere online, and she's not a native English speaker, so she's done jolly well here grammar-wise - definitely a lot better than I could writing in a foreign language! :)

I'd be inclined to agree, though, about writing out the accents phonetically. It tends to make the reader struggle a bit, although goodness knows the best authors in the world have made the same mistake (yes, Margaret Mitchell, I'm looking at you...) It's probably best to express an accent in text with just the odd word here and there, or, better still, simply the way something is phrased. You'll notice that the way the French and German characters speak on the show is quite formal in comparison to the British with few or no contractions, the order of their words, etc.; the accent's conveyed by sentence structure as well as by sound.

Now I've finished being a critic - this story was *cute*. Everyone was nicely in character. Writing fic for something as gloriously daft as AA and expressing more serious themes while retaining the ambience of the show isn't easy, but you've done it here. Everyone is in character. I was kind of sorry it ended where it did... ;) Although I still want to see Flick/Gruber slash. With Gruber on top.
ladylovelylocks chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I think I'm in love with you :).

Gruber and René are SO cute together!
Belashkal chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Nice, almost PG rated slash here. Just some minor typos and some grammar mistakes, but apart from that not much to remark upon.

Maybe that I have personal trouble reading dialogue in which the Allo Allo dialects are written out. It kinda spoils the tense, angtsy mood you want to set with a Gruber/René story.

Personally, though, I prefer Helga Geerhardt/Hubert Gruber, because it is angstier and Helga makes such a wonderful, reverse "seme", or "top". Hetero-slash-angst ownz!

Just curious; who would be "seme" and who'd be "uke" (bottom) of this couple?

Would love a continuation on this, as well.
Serb chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Wow! You actually wrote the fanfic! I though you gave up on the idea!

Though I'm not really a supporter of slash, I do have to say that this was well written and that this was a job well done. You really got their characters, and this is really how they would react. Helga was sharp to notice whaat Gruber was getting at and you captured Rene's nervousness well. I like your description of emotions. Gruber was crafty enough to ask for paint that way, even though it was risky.

Overall, good work!