Reviews for Caught In A Ladder
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 25 . 7/29
This was a good story. I read it one go, but I do have my share of criticisms. Mostly with how long it took to get Shindou any help. I mean, seriously, people are looking for him, but no one thinks to call the police? No one thinks a teenager (child, really) isn't vulnerable living on their own? Or that his sudden disappearance without word or warning isn't in any way suspicious? It's one think to not go to school or work, it's completely another if no one at all can find you even at your own home. Touya should have been suspicious as soon as he saw Shindou in Ogata's home... I really think the police, and an ambulance should have been called as soon as he was found, either by Touya, or Touya-Meijin. Shindou was not struggling violently against being taken to a hospital; if an ambulance was present, he might have been more cooperative to seek treatment. The whole situation makes me frustrated, sad, and bitter. I'm especially bitter that Ogata got off scott-free without anyone knowing his real crimes.

The writing was solid, but it shines through better in certain places. I like the scene where Shindou plays Touya, and I like how the game and it's encoded message was explained in later chapters. Having it be a message that the people playing or watching can't see is ingenious! I like Touya-meijin's calmness and consideration while he handles the situation, even while controlling his own emotions. He is the remarkable hero who anchors the ship in the storm. And this story has made me truly admire his character. Still, I think the last chapter is the best. It's a great way to wrap things up, and is void of any of the cliche's present in the endings of many stories (even published fiction). I really like that Hikaru told (part of) his secret to the Meijin. And the Meijin's reaction to the game, and his reassessment of Shindou is, I think, another brilliant example of his character. :)
Enuescaris chapter 1 . 6/15
I usually don't like this type of story but damn, this one is really really good.
I was-no I am even right now after the chapter still laughing.
hachinonana chapter 13 . 3/27
Haha wow Ogata's getting scary and insane now.
hachinonana chapter 2 . 3/10
Ogata sounds like a rapist right now, honestly. Dun dun duun!
MysteryAsia chapter 25 . 11/29/2015
My emotions. I cried so much, you know. I'm an emotional person, I know. Really liked how you didn't do anything unrealistic regarding Hikaru's capture and rescue. Also, how his secret didn't all of a sudden come out into the press. I sometimes think that writers want everyone to know about the main character's abuse. Nice to read something I want to see for a change. Ogata's obsession with Hikaru became something big enough to land him in jail for child abuse. It was steady and interesting. Though I really wouldn't want to see something like this in real life... this was an interesting read. A really interesting read. Thanks~~
ZinaThePanda chapter 13 . 9/30/2015
This Ogata is an a$$hole and I really really hope that he's being ooc right now. I'm close to tears
Harmonic Bunny chapter 17 . 8/26/2015
I'm already crying this bad into this story, because Hikaru and my sheer frustration.
I'm crying so badly.
natkinnat chapter 25 . 8/9/2015
I really liked that Sai stayed and that Toya Meijin played him through Shindo in person. But why Toya didn't remember that he asked Shindo for an even game after the first time they played. I was so looking forward for that game to happen and it is here in your fic.
Though I didn't like the OOC villain Ogata at all. I so much like canon for the lack of violence and for being very intelligent all over. It has a particular light spirit in it and Ogata's behavior here disrupts that thing.
natkinnat chapter 14 . 8/9/2015
Ok, Ogata is quite nuts in this story. It is out of character as we are warned, but I feel a bit sad about him. He is disgusting in this fic while he is quite attractive in the canon.
natkinnat chapter 8 . 8/9/2015
Keeping Hikaru forcefully in his apartment is a serious offense already, it's quite illegal and starving him makes Ogata's crime so worse. If Hikaru's parents go to the police after Hikaru tells them about it all then if not sentence to prison time, Ogata will lose his reputation. It's a bit too much for him to dare such things if he is in his right mind even if he is obsessed with Sai, some common sense must be in place still, he's not a lunatic after all.
But I so enjoy the story plot line, I would like to know what happens next very much.
Rain of the Forest chapter 18 . 7/13/2015
YES! HE'S FREE! HE'S OUT! HE'S OUT! I SWEAR IF YOU PUT HIM BACK THERE I WILL PERSONALLY MAIM YOU MYSELF!
m chapter 25 . 7/13/2015
well it Is unlikely but now every story makes sense lol
SakuraLuck chapter 25 . 6/5/2015