Reviews for Caught In A Ladder
notsofrilly chapter 12 . 4h ago
What the f***! I swear, if I haven't seen my friend in weeks and nobody knows where he is I would think he was forgetful I would call the police. Even if it were a false alarm it's best to inform the authorities. heck if my friend was missing for a few days I would be asking questions
SayMrrp chapter 25 . 2/17
This is awesome! Really. Everything feels real. Like something I'd buy

Except for Ogata... poor guy. (as in he was made into the villain. Great portrayal though!)
Freaking awesome story, can you write a sequel?
Guest chapter 25 . 12/29/2014
A rather interesting tale, rather gruesome comparable to a few stories I have read, but I have published 3 stories which much greater details of gruesomeness, one of which is where in which I have a chapter that goes on for 63 pages telling of the castration of a thief the main character caught breaking into her house.
Wildrop chapter 25 . 10/5/2014
This was lovely. And, rather horribly, I can totally see Ogata as being crazy enough to try something like this if he were given the opportunity. Dude's a creep. Hikaru's adorable. Thanks for the story!
Wanderlust No Tsubasa chapter 25 . 9/16/2014
Wow nice ending! I like how hikaru would trust the exmeijin with his Sai persona but still keep the real truth about sai existence a secret. The story is indeed interesting. I was appalled by how violent ogata could be towards the child. Your take on ogata is believable in regards to canon in my point of view although I prefer him in a better light. Anyhow it is still a good read despite the darker element of the story make me cringe and gasp in horror.

Thanks for writing this story. :)
Zeakagirl chapter 25 . 9/4/2014
This was very good. I think I've been waiting for this fan fic since I read the scene where Ogata chased and slammed Hikara into the wall. So thank you for sharing. :-)
Miku'Chan364 chapter 4 . 7/11/2014
why not just tell him the freakin truth?! its would save time!
Leprechaungirl chapter 8 . 5/21/2014
We call it a goose egg over here in Canada.
Annie chapter 25 . 4/19/2014
I read this fic a while ago, so when esama recced it on her tumblr yesterday I had to read it again. It's a really good fic, gave me the creeps then made me really happy when all ended well. I love the ending! And I really dig Ogata's descent too, y'know, I just realized it's actually because of this fic that I can't stand him and the Ogata/Hikaru pairing. I think you stayed very close to his character, then made him evolve independently from the manga but still in a way that is IC, which is great. :) Also I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort scenes in fic and have read quite a few, and I must say the rescue scene then the scenes where Hikaru and Touya talk really exceeded my expectations! And thank God you wrote Mitani as a reliable guy, in canon he does give off this air that he's more knowledgeable about this kind of thing than he looks, doesn't he? This is a good read.
Tratata chapter 25 . 4/15/2014
I am astounded at how many illogical things I found in this fic.

First, I can still believe you wanted to make Hikaru as someone who wants to keep Sai a secret as best as he can, but to be that stubborn? Letting himself get hurt? Okay, fine, you did mention that he might be considered mental if it ever gets out, but seriously, the guy can't even make a lie to save his life before it all got to the point of no return? We all have this thing called subconscious and survival instinct, bro, and also another thing called logic.

Next, about Touya and Akira. The adult, despite finding an underage tied up in someone's apartment and proof that he has been abused, did not even think that ambulance and police are the first things he should have called? To hell if Hikaru did not want to speak about it, Touya's own testimony and simply looking at his wounds should have been more than enough for the police to make an arrest! Truly, buddy, this is the point I really think your story became so ridiculous I'm beginning to think you were not all there in the head when you wrote it.

And Hikaru's friends? Buddy, do you have some kind of twisted sense of logic or you just really like to make your characters stupid as all hell? They saw wounds on his wrists, bruise marks on his neck, and those still didn't make the alarms in their head go off? Then Mitani noticed everything but still left, only saying Hikaru can call him if he needs help? Hell no, buddy, those guys can't be called friends. Friends let go of everything else and stay to make sure he will be alright, even if they have to be forceful about it.

When I finished, I found my right eyebrow twitching at the sheer absurdity of it. Try to make something more believable next time, okay? You've got a very good writing style but if you can't make a logical plot to go along with it, I'm just gonna say "Meh, f*ck this shit."
dream-lira chapter 25 . 3/13/2014
I love your ending :) This should be the ending of Hikaru no Go! Sai did not disappear plus he can still play go with someone as Touya Meijin as his oponent any time. BTW this chapter is my 2nd favorite in your story. I really liked the chapter when Touya Akira figured out what Hikaru's message.
Caracu chapter 25 . 1/2/2014
This was great! A good read inded! :')
xXNeverEndingFireXx chapter 25 . 12/4/2013
ew what a weird story and sappy ending..how could you destroy the akira-hikaru rivalry...;( Nice ending though akira-hikaru rivalry should be revived!
Clams-and-Rainbows chapter 25 . 12/4/2013
This is amazing! Incredible! I guess the only thing I might find a bit baffling is the way Hikaru dealt with his kidnapping- he was very calm the first 3 weeks...