Reviews for Beyond the Scars
Aoi Shinkaze chapter 7 . 4/3
One of the darkly creepiest stories I've ever read.
But amazing all the same.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 7 . 3/24
At first, this seemed very interesting. However, your writing, unfortunately, did not do the idea justice. I've never watched a soap opera before, but if imagine that they go somewhat like this. Everything was over dramatized. No matter what happened, at least three people "gasped". Harry vanished, they gasped. Harry kills someone , they gasp. Harry eats dinner , they gasp. It was really getting redundant. On top of that, Harry's letter to Ginny in the beginning was absolutely ridiculous. He called her a whole in front of most of the school, then says "I didn't mean it, wait for me", with no other explanation, and expects her to listen? Seriously? There were just so many odd things like that which marred the cool idea that this was. Other examples would be Harry's animagus form...what was the point of that? He just used it for mobility as far as we know from the story, and that wasn't even needed. He was already an expert at apparition, and had the power to blast through anti apparition wards. I think, if you went back and re read this out loud to yourself, you would see that your characters behavior and their dialogue is very... off, unrealistic, and repetitive. Which again, is a shame , because the idea of Harry breaking off from his friends and going around the world on a training trip is rarely done.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 7 . 8/3/2013
Arg, what a Gainax Ending!
maizenblue chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Good first story, and certainly a good premise. I really enjoyed it; I only wish it was longer, or that it maybe had a sequel.
LightsPast chapter 7 . 6/16/2013
whoa O.O That ending was brilliant! A very nice piece of writing :D
Guest chapter 7 . 6/2/2013
All I can say is WOW! This is my first fan-fic to read and it was amazing! If I hadn't of read the original Harry Potter series I would think that is really how the entire thing went! I enjoyed your ending better then Rowling's honestly. I like how you managed to create a "Dark Harry" yet keep his roots. This is a magnificent, beautifully written story. Thank you for writing it.
Darren Jaguar chapter 7 . 6/1/2013
Enjoyed this fic immensely. I particularly liked the layout of flashbacks and attention to details.

Keep writing :)
LykaZ98 chapter 7 . 5/27/2013
It was a beautiful ending to a very sad story. Who knows? Harry might just still be alive and happy with Hermione. Or he could be finally peaceful in death. After all, Sirius died the same way.
TheOneWhoRulesThemAll chapter 7 . 5/27/2013
This story is very cool, read it all in one night and the morning before school. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Your depiction of Harry was exquisite and maybe now he will get to meet Sirius! (Doubt it but, hey, a girl can dream). Anyway, thanks for the awesome story!
Nugget88 chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Great story! Well written and paced. You have a good ability to say a lot in little amount of words, leaving a sense of mystery and suspense (guess that might be what you were going for in a darkHarry). Keep writting!
Lily Evans Potter Black Lupin chapter 7 . 5/19/2013
I have marathon read this story, and it has left me with a gaping hole in my heart! this has definitely been one of the most tragically satisfying dark Harry stories I have read... I wish Harry hadn't left without a word like he's done, but I understand his reasoning... Beautiful story. congratulations.
regularhp chapter 7 . 5/12/2013
Great story. Here we have a dark and powerful Harry who nevertheless stays true to his initial morals. But even then you have shown the effect that that path he has taken has had upon him. While he has truly never given in to the dark and is still able to feel love he has come to hate himself and cannot be at peace with all he has done. Especially with a part of Voldemort within him.
His sorrow, rage and grief at having no one who loved him and no peace to return to are well portrayed. I really don't understand why this story does not have more reviews.
JPElles chapter 7 . 5/11/2013
Feel like a sequel or slightly expanded ending would make this story better. But maybe that's just me.

I liked a lot of it though. Especially Harry possessing Hermione. And the part about magical power after and throughout the story. Interesting stuff.
DorkQueen chapter 7 . 5/8/2013
Wow. Just wow. Dark!Harry was incredible and the plot was simply brilliant. Great job! Keep writing!
Random number generator chapter 2 . 5/8/2013
Word "Minotaur" was repeated far too many times in this chapter.