Reviews for Ambiguity
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 2 . 5/18/2011
An excellent fic, I must say. The writing style was great and the characterization - simply awesome.

I loved the part with Jarlaxle and Briza nearly as much as I loved the bitterstweet parts with him and Zaknafein.

Oh, how I wish there was more.
AuroraSky chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I really like the story so far. You capture the pain and internal conflict that Zaknafein had in the Forgotten Realm series.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks for writing!
Drow Elf chapter 2 . 5/23/2007
Cool, I like this. Any fic featuring Jarlaxle and Zaknafein is worth reading, especially if written by so talented an artist as you.

I should keep my mouth shut, but it's my nature to point out mistakes. Forgive me, I only found two.

1. Zaknafein is NOT Briza's father. If you recall, he only sired Vierna and Drizzt.

2. You wrote that Briza's face turned red with anger. She's a dark elf with black skin. It's hard for red to show up there. Also, they were seeing in the infrared spectrum. Anger would probably show up as white or some such nonsense.

Sorry for being such a perfectionist, but you know how it goes.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Salaam alaikum,

Drow Elf

Xal dos zexen'uma wun l elamshinae d' Lloth!
Lessiehanamoray chapter 2 . 5/20/2007
I like seeing Jarlaxle's more sensitive side. Seeing Zak like that is truly sad though.
Linndechir chapter 2 . 5/20/2007
Great, as always. The scene with Zaknafein and Jarlaxle is really moving; Jarlaxle's concern is very believable. I think this was a fitting situation for Jarlaxle to ask Zak to join Bregan D'aerthe, and it's also fitting that Zak just refuses because he's too hopeless and depressed to believe that anything in his life might get better, no matter what he does. It's sad, like all your Zak/Jarlaxle-scenes, but I love it.

The thing about Briza's father confused me, though. Did you mean Zak? As far as I know, he isn't Briza's father. Or did you just mean that Briza's father left House Do'Urden some time ago and joined Bregan D'aerthe? Anyway, that's just a detail. I look forward to more scenes about Jarlaxle and Zaknafein!
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 2 . 5/20/2007
I wish you had their ownship, as said in the disclaimer.

You heart-breaker! I was so hopeful about Jarlaxle and Zaknafein's future on Surface, and there, the weapon master returns to his endless "it's too late for me blablabla". Cruel.

That was my stupid reaction to the characters. Now about the text... Great! Great! Great! Sorry, that's not really constructive. My reviews never are. So what's going to happen? How will Jarlaxle convince his friend to leave House Do'Urden or to put a bit of sense between his sharp ears?
Linndechir chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
*sigh* Poor Zak. It's horrible to see him like this - Zak saying "Praise Lloth", even if it's for his own good, is just ... I don't know, it makes me sad. But it was somehow cute how Jarlaxle helped him. And I absolutely love "Kill all the women" as a battle cry. *laugh*

I like this scene and I think it could very well have happened, but I still regret that I ever said anything about Zak being tortured. ;) Are you going to write more about Zak and Jarlaxle?
Lessiehanamoray chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
As long as Zak can tell himself that he's really saying, "Kill all women," I think he'll be ok. I like how Jarlaxle comes across in this. He cares about Zak, but he worries first about physical survival, and everything else comes second. I look forward to more should there be more to come.