Reviews for Proposals
Elisabeth Harker chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Hot? Oh yes. Very hot indeed.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Oh Jo! Why do you *persistently* misunderstand the situation? ::dep sigh::

And still, this fic was beautifully written and the tension between Jo and Laurie here- as well as the pain and hurt Laurie was feeling- was so vividly described, it was as though I was in the scene myself. Wonderful, wonderful drabblet.
dream's sister chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
excellent, angst! I love it!
Sea Delane chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Simply magnificent... wonderfully cast!
the doctor's next dance chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Well if she won't, I promise my answer will be yes! :D Excellento! Ooh how I love slightly intoxicated Teddy!
Quirky Del chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Hey there! Ag! I've been gone too long! I was out of country for a bit and then it's been mad since I've been back. I've barely read anything at all and that's a horrendous fie in my book! So, I've pushed some of my other nonsense away and I'm back! Haha, that did't make much sense, did it?

Anyway, on with the review! I really enjoyed this. I'm such a sucker for the darker/angsty JL stuff and you're just so brilliant at writing them! Makes me very happy! : )

ridiculous 123 chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Sorry I couldn't review this last night - I was able to read it and scamper off to bed.!

Hey, I just turned 18 too. Which is...weird. Because I still feel like a child in some ways. And since I am a year behind, I have another year of high school.

Anyway, I. Loved. This.

It was truly amazing with the such little detail that it needed.

I *knew* that Jo knew that Laurie was talking about marriage which is why her smile became less bright.

And what's sort of funny is she didn't agree to it.

Hm, I'm sensing something (ha ha).

I like how Amy sort of walked in on them, half drunk.

The pair turned to find a suspicious looking Amy watching them from the doorway. Jo brushed her skirts habitually and Laurie finished straightening up, shaking his head and taking an extra step from Jo.

“The cake’s ready.”

The fifteen year old turned slowly around, trying to flush the image of their college fellow half draped over her sister from her mind as she went to see over the younger girl cousins."

You must do something soon, whether sort of dark like this or... since it's spring...maybe something happy? Ha, I'm dorky! :)

Happy birthday to you (and me)!
Jabba1 chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Gah! I loved this so much.

It was just...yummy in everyway.
literaryfreak chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
AH! Best. Story. EVER!

This might be a sign that I'm no longer content with simple innocent fics (which is bad), since this is so freaking amazing.

I know I've said this before, but I think Laurie is at his best when he's dark and angsty and brooding. And the drinking provides an excuse for that, I guess, in contrast to the simple joy of a birthday. There are just so many great images. I love the hand near Jo's head and all the double talk.

Fav lines:

"Why won’t you make it easier for me, please?"

Aww poor teddy:(

And with Amy, "...trying to flush the image of their college fellow half draped over her sister." I love the half-draped part. I demand a cheesy, romantic, black & white 30s remake of LW fully devoted to footage of Laurie trying to win Jo. *Swoon* Or at least a deleted scene, dammit.

And the last line is too perfect. Just...too...the pain...just ah!

I always want Laurie and Jo to kiss in every medium, but I REALLY REALLY wanted them to kiss here. It's probably good you didn't but I can wish like crazy, right?

Rese, you definitely deserve to be an adult with writing like this.
rashi chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
gosh, I'm going to faint!

this is so... so... oh man...

I'm NEVER going to get over this disappointment, it's just so FRUSTRATING!

thanks for this piece of distraction, you're a genious, I really love your style of writing

more please!