Reviews for Jerry
Kerri chapter 4 . 5/16/2008
Hawk talking to father mulcahy? I'm propperly impressed and the father did an absolutely steller job giving it to him good, straight no holds barred. sometimes, Hawk needs that.
Kerri chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
Hawk sure is taking this hard, a lot harder than expected, interesting.
Kerri chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Now this is awesome, good depiction of Charles and equally good one of Hawk twisted foot and all.
Meatball Surgeons chapter 5 . 5/15/2008
Oh wow! What a powerful story! If ever there was a pass the tissue fic, this is one! I could feel Hawk's heartbreak through the 5 chapters, and I'm glad to see he came to terms with all that was troubling him. Keep writing! :)
Helen chapter 5 . 5/28/2007
I am new to M*A*S*H as a program but still adicted. Just had to say that this story is absolutly fantastic, I was hooked from the first paragraph to the very end. Please keep up the good work.

I hope to submit some of my own M*A*S*H fics here soon so we can perhaps review each other.
laurydory chapter 5 . 5/28/2007
That was a wonderful story. It really resonates with me personally too as I often avoid telling even my closest friends about the bad times for fear of being seen as a different person and for fear of causing embarrassment. I also agree with the way you have characterised Jerry. Many of the most bitter and unhappy people in life are those who don't really know what tragedy is. I think you must truly write from experience to be this spot on. Thanks for a touching tale.
laurydory chapter 4 . 5/28/2007
Fantastic chapter and so utterly in character for both Hawkeye and Mulcahy. You (or the Father) hit the nail on head where our favourite surgeon is concerned. He does tend to be somewhat of a martyr.
inveritas chapter 5 . 5/27/2007
Really really good. I was curious to see how you would wind this up and you did it really well. Great job.
AttheSwamp chapter 5 . 5/27/2007
ROFL - Hawkeye's joke when Mulcahy made the remark about not knowing one end of a bishop from another was hilarious.

Great story and really well written -especially the explanations given by Jerry. You really got in to the minds and lives of these people.
inveritas chapter 4 . 5/24/2007
A great chapter with great insight into Hawkeye's stuggle. I really liked Hawkeye's “Be gentle, Father, or my ego might just throw up its hands and run screaming into the hills, never to be seen again.” and also Father Mulcahy's “I say that to my boss most days.” Great work.
AttheSwamp chapter 4 . 5/24/2007
That was brilliant. There were some really great lines in this chapter although I think Father Mac was right when he thought he had hit below the belt, not when he inferred that Hawk acted like God but when he said he came up a long way short of him. Don't we all I guess?:)

I loved the "Scarecrow that lost a fight with a thresher" line and I hope Hawkeye gets his act together re: Jerry.
inveritas chapter 3 . 5/23/2007
Wow this is really brilliant. Hawkeye's having a bit of trouble with Jerry isn't he? He'll figure it out eventually, come to some kind of reason and be normal around him. Well we hope anyway! haha. Anyway really great chapter, don't keep us waiting too long! :)
laurydory chapter 3 . 5/22/2007
As usual you make it impossible not to visualise the action unfolding. In fact I was picturing BJ's 'courlty bow' before I even read that line. Great work as usual but then I expected nothing less :)
AttheSwamp chapter 3 . 5/20/2007
"Chewing a fur ball face" ROFL

I loved the banter between BJ and Hawkeye - it was spot on as usual as was Charles's reaction to Hawkeye's outburst, the unexpected way that he can show concern when you least expect it.

This is a really fascinating story but I'm wondering if there is some personal reason for Hawkeye being so badly affected by Jerry.
Hawk-Hotlips chapter 3 . 5/20/2007
Now that I think about it, this story kind of reminds of the movie Avalon. It's original and well-written.