Reviews for Masks
molotovmullet chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
barely livin' through this, man.

I've cried myself dry for Dean.

good job~!
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Yes, I know a litle somethin' somethin' about those kind of masks that hide the grief and pain. :(

That was a good fun story. Even with the thread of bittersweet truth through the ending.

Thank you for the funny mouse catching scene. Here Mickey Mickey Mickey!

LOL That crcked me up pretty good.
Amy Renee chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
This was so fun to read. It was an interesting and unexpected twist on what happened in the trailer... and I didn't really think there was a mouse though it struck me as a somewhat odd seductive technique... "If by 'mice' you mean hot, naked sex" - funny. I could picture the scene with the zombie walking by with his meatball sandwich and the look Dean would have on his face, and Dean thinking about how this could be his home and the food was good, that was funny too, reminded me a little of Folsom Prison Blues when Sam asks him if it bothers him how well he seems to fit in there and he just replies simply, "Not really." I also liked how Sam's pain was being shouldered by Dean, haunting him even subconciously when he 'busy' doing his own thing.

And Tara's eyes bugged the hell outta me too! When the ep first aired I was like 'how can Dean think she's so hot with that friggin' lazy eye!'
Tuya's Moon chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Interesting how you have Madison haunting Dean instead of Sam. Never thought of t that way even when the last shot (no pun intended) of Heart is on Dean, not Sam. Always thought it was for more punch (the violence off-screen), but now, remembering Dean’s silent tears….I wonder if he slips on Sam’s “mask”, so to speak, feels *for* Sam, takes *Sam’s* burden onto his shoulders to protect Sammy, the kid-Sam, like he always done. Hm…

Loved the twist on the Tara scene. Never would have expected it.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
hahaha! her eyes freaked me out too!

this was awesome. i loved this
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Really enjoyed this! :)
pickamix chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I loved this... a very cute twist on what actually happened in that trailer. Dean would play it off just like that too.
amyblair chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
I hadn't reviewed this the first time I read it and so sitting at the hospital with nothing to do at 3:30 in the a.m., I thought I short read would keep me awake.

#1 - I forgot that this was following 'Heart' and Madison's ordeal and you grabed Sam's angst (which was never followed up with) and pulled and twisted.

#2 - I love how you brought Dean's own churning about Madison in this. It was hard on him, too. Hard for him to see his brother having to go through such horrors as well.

I loved how when Dean was with Tara that he heard Madison, unable to escape what was so fresh.

I had remembered the mouse. How can we forget the mouse? I remember when I first reading thinking, "Yeah, right... a mouse." And then I was so surprised when you actually had a mouse show up - and it was so fun!

Loved Dean's thought "It's a make-believe world... even death isn't real to them." Lovely put.

Loved how the zombie comes watching by eating a meatball sandwich.

You made me smile with this and made me go "Aw." Especially on an episode that isn't my favorite, but each time I watch it, it grows on me a little more.

This is why I like fanfiction so much. I feel like the stories everyone writes makes me fall in love with the show a little more.

Nice job.

flah7 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
that was hysterical. Loved the idea that Dean was going to jump on the bed to flee the mouse...and that he was more afraid of the mouse than the mouse of him.

fun story to read.

thanks for sharing
RubyVega chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
nice one

dean the mice-catcher xD

such an awesome big brother, thank you
Sushi Chi chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Genuis. Pure Genuis. Wonderful I might add.
lucym chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
lol! This was great!

You do comedy as well as you do the angst and hurt/comfort. I love your take on the events, I actually like it more than what happened in the show.

Seriously though, Sam is right. Dean IS a slut. LOL. I guess that's just one of the many reasons we love him. And I love him more after this wonderful fic, you wrote both boys so well and dealt with both the comedy and angst brilliantly. Nice work! :)
Cookie6 chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
I MUCH prefer your interpretation! Such a wonderful piece of storytelling that reveals the extent of Dean's self-control woven in with humour. Not to mention a glimpse at Dean's 'other' skills (like we didn't already suspect!)

Right now I can't help but quote you since these words reflect the anguish from Heart with a masterstroke of your pen: "He couldn't let this swamp him. He couldn't let it get to him – he had to be the rock. He had to be. So he slept with a Bowie knife under his pillow. It didn't mean the job got to him. So he made sure he got the bed nearest the door… so he was usually the one to drive… so he'd had nightmares every night since hearing that gunshot, since seeing the last vestige of innocence seep from his brother's eyes as he paused in the doorway, since pulling the gun from Sam's stiff fingers, since taking care of Madison's body because Sam could only breath, since telling himself that it wasn't the same… he wouldn't have to kill Sam… he could save Sam. It didn't mean the job got to him." I SAW all of this in Dean's face at the end of that eppy - you've put all that I saw, all that was swirling around in my brain at a hundred miles an hour, into words - eloquent, succinct, mindblowing. I think that you surfaced the hidden agenda, the hidden tension that was missing in Hollywood Babylon. Fantastic work, you are a legend!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Her eyes totally weirded me out too! There was something about them LOL and i agree that dean got dressed way to fast to actually have done anything LOL...good job