Reviews for Never, Not Really
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Poor Regulus. (I do like your take on the Blacks.)
ink chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
descent of Bella from an arrogant, rather cold hearted girl to a mad murderess and Regulus' development from a dependant boy to a courageous man with conscience is thought-provoking.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
“That,” he says, after a second’s consideration, partially because he is overcome with a desire to infuriate her and partially because it is the truth, “is probably the most flattering thing you’ve ever said to me.”

He’s on the floor again, a second later, curled up in agony, and when she stops the spell this time he doesn’t bother to stand, only shoves himself onto his hands and knees.

She crouches down next to him, her wand at his temple and her mouth by his ear. “You were supposed to be one of us,” she snarls, sounding all at once enraged and betrayed. There is harshness in her voice he’s never heard before and it shows just how badly she wants to hurt him.

He looks over at her and decides to do what he knows will incense her. He grins at her. There is blood in his teeth, on his lips, down his side and his frame quakes occasionally in the aftermath of her Unforgivable, but he grins nonetheless. It is an infuriating grin that reminds her far too much of Sirius and of Andromeda. He will still be wearing the grin thirty seconds later, when she will finally snap and send a Killing Curse his way.

But for the moment, he simply grins at her. “I never really was, anyway. Not really.”

Oh, wow, wow, wow, I loved this. Fantastic story!
CharliSMILE chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
This story is Amazing.

The characters were perfect! And you made me get all teary eyed. There goes my mascara. xD

I really loved Regulus in the story. It showed a perfect insight to him and what he thought of Bellatrix, Sirius and Life.

The bit where he watches the child die is chilling. But Extraordinarily touching and Sad.

The last bit was sad but the part where Reggie said "That is probably the most flattering thing you have ever said to me." made me laugh.

Wow I sound like I have a morbid sense of humour. I don't. I just thought that was funny. xD

Once again, Beautiful.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Bella
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
This really gives some more deep into Regulus's character. It's well-written and just... good.
delicateruins chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
That was really deep - and even though it turned out that Regulus died getting the horcrux, I think that this really is an interesting way to show his doubts and regrets throughout his life, how he was a follower, and then how he backed out last minute because he finally stood up for what he believed and knew was right. I just really liked this! Fabulous piece!
Casablanca Dreams chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Wow! This was really good...it was how I always pictured the relationship between Bellatrix and Regulus. Great job!
Tom O'Bedlam chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I like the sympathy you present between these two. I always think that Regulus would have to follow one of his family members; being the youngest of so many people passionately devoted to a Cause has to hard. I like that you've chosen Bellatrix. I find it odd that she has any sort of maternal instinct, but you make her very believable in the role you've given her. I almost (almost, not actually, I like Regulus too much) feel sorry for Bella at the end.
elise bentwin chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
This was beautiful. I love the way you wrote Bellatrix. Excellent job.
shadowtrickster93 chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
hey! great job! awesome piece. i loved how you portrayed bellatrix and regulus and how bella reacted to sirius' and andromeda's betrayals much more calmly (i'm not sure if that's the right word now that i think about it lol) compared to regulus'. i also loved how you captured regulus' character and how in the end, he was defiant and he didn't care about bella and what she thought of him anymore. in fact, i loved the line where he said that the most flattering thing she had ever told him was that he was bloodtraitor, etc. i love regulus so! :)) like i said, great job! oh, and this may be shameless selfpromotion but if you want, you can check out 'harder to breathe' and 'the final bow' which are both about regulus. thanks! keep up the great work! :))
S.B. Kisses chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Wonderful read!

I love your little vingnettes on the Black family the most because they are deliciously insightful and though-provoking!

Wonderful!
Emuerz chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Oh! I loved that... Really well written, and definitely an interesting read. I like how you repeated Bella's philosophy of what her 'family members' were to her. And the last line was perfect. Great!
EsScaper chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Excellent! It is so seldom that I get to read something so good and "worthwhile" about Regulus. You did a fantastic job showing him as an individual, not the mindless drone he is often portrayed.

I was very pleasantly surprised to enjoy it so much. Not that you aren't a wonderful writer, but I have never found the subject of Regulus to be something I liked...esp when it didn't directly include Sirius. Your relationship between Reg and Bella was very true to character and it worked on so many levels. You go the Black family dynamic down perfectly.

Thanks for a very enjoyable read...

Esc.
darkygirl chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
I still can't get it trough my head how do you do such wonderful stories.
Gwinna chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I really like it! I don't think I've ever read a story focusing on Regulus and Bellatrix's relationship, but it's very interesting, and seems like it could really have happened. Love how Reg turns Bella's words back on her at the end. We never find out what he actually did to betray Voldemort though, do we? Well, anyway, great job!