Reviews for A Star Named Wormwood
chimpfrenzy chapter 21 . 3/25/2010
It has been a long time since I read such a refreshing story. I esspecially like how, although he is still a cunning little bastard, the major isnt still a deus machina, planning everything ahead. But what I like the most is the dark setting.

I love the characters, however short lived they are and how you described them, foremost amongst them the pyrommaniac and the elf.

the complains I have is the lack of updates.
Captain Lycan chapter 21 . 8/30/2007
Railway guns are nice! A Nazi equivalent of Solid Snake huh? As long Reiter doesn't get his hands a cardboard box there is hope for our antiheroes. Update soon!
Master of the Boot chapter 21 . 8/30/2007
I would never have guessed that Reiter was SOLID SNAKE. I think that is very cool. He certanily lives up to his name. I don't care that the Heer wouldn't use guns in real life, this is a story and guns that size rock. Also there, your right, Saddam did have a big gun in the works, but the Isreali guy who was designing it got whacked.

I LOVE IT.

Chedder chapter 21 . 8/30/2007
Although I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter (big bum guns mounted on trains, swet) you may want to edit this chapter a tad more; it just wasn't up to your usual quality (don't you just hate syntax, grammar and punctuation some days? 'Such a pain).

Examples! '...and with dextrously applied strength rendering the utterly weapon useless.' Switch weapon and utterly around and then you'd have it good. :) And you spelt dexterously wrong. (Personally note: Even though this Reiter guy is a Nazi, I like him already.)

'...It simply beggars belief!’'
MisterTabi chapter 21 . 8/30/2007
I totally agree on the railway guns, those thing were HUGE.

Are you going to add the V3s? If you're...

-hint-hint-
Captain Lycan chapter 20 . 8/30/2007
I think I have a few ideals of what Myrmidon (sorry if it's misspelled) is and I can't wait to see if I'm right. I've heard a lot of good things about Lovecraft and I know he was an inspiration to the creators of both Hellsing and Hellboy alike (the two best comics around!). If you do write it could you include a glossary or something like that? While I'm familiar with things like Himmler and the SS's obsession with the occult I'm not so knowledgeable about

Lovecraft. I only recently discovered that there is more to horror

than cheesy films about people who get themselves killed by masked freaks because they don't have the brains God gave a dung beetle so forgive my ignorance. Update soon!
Chedder chapter 20 . 8/27/2007
I second the HP Lovecraft x Hellsing crossover (beware of the anchient ones!).

But that's not why I'm here, I am here to criticly acclaim this story, despite not being a professional critic...if that makes any sense...hmm, anyways!

This story has everything I love in a story: mythology, mythos (think Lovecraft, he created his own), structure, plot points and twists that arn't hokey, and EDITTING! God bless you, Man, you actually put some effort in making it presentable (and legible) instead of just rushing to get it out there (mind you there were one or two errors, but meh).

NO! Don't tell us whats going to happen, that ruins half of the expirence that does, its like that guy at that Harry Potter book sale that screamed, "Snape Kills Dumpledore!" It was very tragic...
MisterTabi chapter 20 . 8/27/2007
I feel sorry for those pilots on that zepplin. Anyhow, another excellent chapter. Though I'd wished there was a bit more on ghouls.
Master of the Boot chapter 20 . 8/27/2007
I have to say that the MAjor is in character. That fat bastard never loses his grin. Thank you for responding, even if you only tell me that you won't tell. Alucards choice of gun is very in character. I like all the plans to be laid.

Long live Wormwood.

Gree chapter 20 . 8/27/2007
This fic alone would be a good alternate history tale But this is awesome. I highly encourage you to continue.
Master of the Boot chapter 19 . 8/23/2007
I have a question. Will Alucard and Anderson tango, or will they work together to vanquish that fat Major. I enjoy your use of escoteric knowledge. Maybe its because I understand almost everything you say. You got style, please update.

Here's looking at ya

Master of Teh Boot
Master of the Boot chapter 17 . 8/23/2007
Yes. You should do a Lovecraft-Hellsing crossover. I havn't read lovecraft but from what I hear, he had a good grip on horror. And Hellsing has a good grip on brutal ass-kicking. It would be a match made in heaven. Also, complements on your unique set of monsters. The Erl-king was cool. Alas, so many cool characters must die by Alucards hand. oh well, thats life.

Let the good times roll Mr. RedJAck

Gree chapter 17 . 8/23/2007
Amazing, evreythime I clcik open this story I am amazed. You really have talent.
Master of the Boot chapter 6 . 8/22/2007
Dont't worry bro. You did your man Chimera justice, or Brother Baston, or whoever he is. He rocked.

ta

Master of Teh Boot
Captain Lycan chapter 19 . 8/22/2007
How long did you spend research ww2 tech before writing this? This is one of the best stories I've ever read on here. Please update soon I must find out whats happening Britain!