Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
elfwand chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
AMAZING. The narcrissa/narcisest analegy waas really doog

awsome

Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
This was amazing...
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Interesting. This outlook does seem very like Narcissa.
Savage-Stiletto chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Absolutely haunting last line.
CMWright chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
"But what did anything else matter so long as one appeared perfect? Outer beauty was all that mattered, all that would ever matter, and Narcissa knew that drowning in her own relfection was far better a fate than losing face, no matter what anyone else would argue."

I've lived with that illusion, and you describe it so well from the "drowned" point of view. I can totally recognise myself in Narcissa's thoughts here.
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Ooh...very haunting last line. Nice job with this. Dark diction complements the tone so well. Of course, the description is beautiful as always.
Bruteaous chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Ah, so contrary to the popular phrase. Not necessarily literarily perfect, but the otward personification of expected perfection, how true. True to form, I mean, as the general jugement of most You are a brillant storyteller and your grasp of theme and character seem to reflect you perticular skills. The only complaint that I could possibly muster, should I be so brazen and foolish to raze one, is that there was not enough to read. But in characteristic style you rounded out the piece with exactly the right amount of lines. Brillant!

-Bruteaous-