Reviews for True Elision
hotpantsjojo chapter 13 . 7/1
just reread the entire fiction. Hope you are well!
i wish you were still online to know how much this fanfiction changed my life. its the most wellwritten piece of fiction i have ever read.
Hihi! Reading this in the year 2022 and wondering whatever happened to this fic that you stopped writing it! It was an addicting read! Thank you for all that you’ve written! Hopefully one day this fic will get 1000 reviews hahaha!
Victoria chapter 1 . 12/8/2021
Any who, I’d like to leave reviews for both the you the author and fans such as myself—in this regard it’s feel nice to know I have some company, as other avid fans of this written work may agree. Absolutely incredible. This is probably one of my favorite pieces of literature to date, albeit among the many. I’ll probably always continue to live with an unrealistic hope that this fic will been finished. It’s difficult to face the reality…but I think I’ll be content having not seeing an ending. Just this having existed means the utmost to me. I actually started reading this upon a recommendation master post (Tumblr light-kun “nina”), and less it was out of any desire to read for the pairing or yaoi (which, I only learned there would be yaoi upon reading your a/n’s when I first pressed on the link!) for the for more…personal reasons. I hadn’t expected to feel so fulfilled. Where ever you are in life, after 13 years, I wish you well—along with my ardent and infinite thanks.
-Victoria 12/8/21
Victoria chapter 15 . 12/8/2021
Me in 2021 reading this and it absolutely changing my life
Guest chapter 15 . 2/15/2021
you're so talented! I'm v late and you will probably never read this but thank you so much for writing. seriously, writing fanfic is hard and takes a lot of effort and time, so thank you for this. Also, they weren't ooc so don't worry. I promise. Ofcourse I would love it if you could finish this but nonetheless thanks for writing this wonderful fic. You're absolutely talented and I wish you all the best :)
Guest chapter 15 . 5/25/2020
Wow, this is honestly one of the top-rated fanfic that I've read (it being a lawlight fanfic is a bonus) I love how you handled the concept of the afterlife, the Trial of Souls is written meticulously and descriptively, I can totally depict and imagine the scenes on my mind. Ican still remember the shock I felt as I read the rape trial arc. The slow build is also one thing that made this fic wonderful! How Light struggled and realized the true essence of justice, how he came to terms with himself and discovers his self. The cameo of L's trial also came as a surprise. Lastly, Mu. It is such an amazing concept I can't fathom how you came up with this unique idea. From the people to the landscapes, everything is so well written and elaborated. Despite having short dialogues, the interactions between Light and L are indeed entertaining. You managed to made them to not appear OOC while slowly changing their attitude because of the trials. And fudge! Light's constant pining to L is just!
All in all, reading this fanfic is such a great journey, Me reading this at year 2020, it is indeed sad to know that this will never be finished. I do wish that you are doing fine and is healthy and pardon me, still alive.
IF ever a MIRACLE would happen and you've decided you want to update this, I'll be oh so glad to read it.
I don't even know if you'll ever read this review, nonetheless, I wish you all the best. You are awesome !
hotpantsjojo chapter 1 . 4/28/2020
2020.4.28 reread
spongeson chapter 15 . 8/1/2019
okie I finally finished and now I have full scale depression bc like.. JUST when these boys started making progress it just ends on a cliffhanger 8rip me I guess

this was a lovely read, and it took the better part of 2 days for me to binge the entire thing lol. it really is a shame that it’s been abandoned, and I can’t help but feel a little sad on your behalf. I can tell that you really cared abt this story— I hope that you just got swept up in your busy life and that nothing bad happened to youwishing you the best, and wishing I was in an alternate timeline where this story reached its completion teehee
spongeson chapter 8 . 7/31/2019
okay this chapter left me feeling a lot better abt the situations from chapters 6&7

onward I suppose but now I’m terrified 8’3c
spongeson chapter 7 . 7/31/2019
**this review contains spoilers so if anyone hasn’t read this fic yet don’t read my review either lol

ok finally reading this after having it in my favorites for like a year lmao

so I’m reviewing right now instead of waiting until the end because I read through the part where Soichiro was basically forced to rape Sayu (made me want to die lol) and I had to skip the part where Light succumbed to the disgusting urge because I couldn’t handle it. I’m thankful for the trigger warning you had put up— I was expecting it to happen.

I guess I’m just not really loving the narrative that rapists are just victims of their violent sexual urges. I’m sure you aren’t of that belief either. rapists are unforgivable because they knowingly violate another persons body, not giving a fuck about consent. at that point it doesn’t matter how guilty they feel afterwards. I doubt any real rapists feel any remorse for what they’ve done.

...I just feel a different sort of crime could’ve been used as a way for Light to reach enlightenment. I’m also a very sensitive soul, and my heart bleeds for Sayu even though she was only a product of the trial Light is undergoing.

I’m going to proceed reading with extreme caution. this was my only gripe btw, everything else is simply perfect.
salamandererg chapter 1 . 6/30/2019
I started reading this when I was a junior in high school, I am now out of HS and out of college and in my late twenties. But, I have never forgotten this fic. I think about it every once and a while, I re-read it on the copy I made for myself. I remember the rush of seeing that it was updated and the painful way I would have to make time to read it so I could appreciate it fully because my family only had one computer that we all had to share.
Hell, I even remember the chapter that was posted FOR ONE DAY before being taken down and replaced with another one!
I have long been of the opinion that Death Note fanfiction and its writers are top caliber, there are so many fantastic ones, and it's a shame that a lot of them are unfinished/discontinued. Coexistence is Boredom, Genius is a Curse, The Prince, Death and His Shadow, other works of Ezan's...
This the one I read first, right after watching the anime, it's the one I was most excited about checking for when I got home from school. Thank you for that, thank you for creating something of such high quality that it made me want to read more and write fanfiction of my own.
Anon chapter 2 . 3/25/2019
Omg this is so boring
Sue Donym chapter 15 . 6/10/2018
I hope you're well, Ezan... I remember reading this when I was a teenager, and I recently came back to reread it. I hope that if you ever decide to come back and finish it, you'll have many excited readers.
hotpantsjojo chapter 14 . 6/10/2018
I'm with the comment below, but at this point I really just wish Ezan is alive and sound