Reviews for Teacher's Pet
John Smith chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Wonderful fanfiction! I was really amazed by your characterization of Sakura and how you made her so strong yet so sensitive, which is not only canon but extremely hard to write. She is so easy to make OOC it's painful. I am so impressed by how well you wrote her that I honestly am having a hard time commenting further than that... it's like there's nothing else to say!

When I got to your parts about Kakashi and his inner thoughts about women, girls, and her crying... oh wow, just WOW. I am usually a pretty stoic reader, but I was girling it up so bad it felt like a one-person sleepover party. Such great characterization of Kakashi too, and so, SO funny I was dying.

The same applies to Iruka. I noticed you said you rewrote the Iruka part several times. That's awesome since it's a great part and I appreciate that you took the effort to improve where you saw need. It's also shorter than I'd like it to be, but I see why you had to do that too. You were keeping it canon. Oh how badly did my NaruSaku side start cheering Sakura on in that part.

By the way, your Iruka being terrible with women is now my headcanon. Actually, this whole fic established a headcanon for me honestly, and I can rarely say that. (I'm picky.) Thanks for writing something so masterful and beautiful!
Caeria chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
Enjoyed it. Thanks for the evening read.
helenaphant chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
not a lot of stories that focus on sakura and her growth in between the original and shippuden time lapse, very intriguing.
sky of c-o-l-o-r-s chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Finally, a well written fanfiction focused on Sakura's growth and not on pairings. You have no idea how hard it is to find ones like this in such a large fandom.
CaptureGod-Otamegane chapter 5 . 9/17/2010
I don't usually read sakura-centric stories because of the over-zealous bashing or puppy-eyed love gushing. But you've a written a mature well thought out story.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now in the 10th percentile of saku-fans (that's counting bashers too) with a functional brain and rational thought.

The other 90% are hugging homemade saku-plushies and sending hate-mail to naruhina fans, or beating a pinata with her visage with a stick.

I tip my hat to you sir, good day to you.
Obelisk of Light chapter 5 . 7/30/2009
This is the deepest and one of the best Sakura-centric fics that I've ever read. Kakashi and Iruka's awkwardness with the ladies is very amusing, while Sakura's breakdowns and determination are equally touching.

Iruka might be out of character in the last chapter, but the humour (and Sakura's temper) more than make up for it. Great job!
SuperCutieGloomyBunny chapter 5 . 10/7/2008
This is an amazingly well-written story. You portrayed Sakura's guilt and doubt in herself perfectly as well as got every other character's actions/thoughts. Great job!
Rawsfish chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
I really loved this story. I always wanted the manga or anime to have a little gaiden thing (like they did for Kakashi) for Sakura. I really had wanted to know how her training with Tsunade was like and how she had to overcome her insecurities.

You made her so deep yet still in character and thats something to be said. Kudos to you"!:)
Illucida chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
This is a very good story. I loved the ending. :D
Sweet Anime Fan chapter 5 . 6/9/2008
wow! this was an awesome piece! It felt really real like it could actually be a part of the manga! Absolutely believable! I mean I love crack and humour like anyone else but sometimes it's good to read fics like this with a more in-line-with-the-manga element to it. _

My favourite was the chapter with Kakashi. It does seem like he did n't really see much of Sakura in between the 2 years although I really have no idea why he should avoid her (and he shouldn't have!) boo~! And also loved the Tsunade/Shizune/Sakura interaction. You don't see that being explored much in fanfics. I mean they've got to be close training under Tsunade and all plus Tsunade seems protective of her kunoichi (she ::did:: say "you (Shizune) and Sakura are one of the few shinobi i trust").

All in all I'm so adding this to my favs! _
HarunoRin chapter 5 . 5/20/2008
yay! I loved the narusaku bits cause yes, i too am a fan xD

Iruka was so funny in this last chapter, I loved it!
afitre chapter 5 . 5/24/2007
First story to actually make sense.
Random Person chapter 5 . 5/19/2007
This has got to be one of the best Sakura fics I've ever read! :D Long ago, I tried starting to write a fic about Sakura's training period as well (never went through with it because of laziness though), and I'm so happy to find one that's better than anything I could have written!

In particular, Tsunade's plan about purposely assigning Sakura a surgery with low odds was genius! I've always thought that Sakura must have faced hardships during her training, but I had always pictured it as gradually building up. Having her build up excessive pride before getting it knocked down, though, was I think a very clever twist, somewhat reminescent of how proud Sakura was during her academy days, only to face a completely different world upon graduating.

And I loved the interactions between Sakura and her senseis! In particular, I found it amazing how you made the characters (Tsunade and Kakashi mostly) say just what needed to be said, but have them at the same time confront their own indecisions about whether they said the right things. They're human beings too, after all, and Kakashi's complete cluelessness when it comes to girl was quite funny (about that part: did the mention of Icha Icha mean that his speech was basically inspired by something in the book? Meaning he was so clueless that he could barely think up anything on his own? XD ).

And Iruka! Poor dear. He was so nervous, it's adorable and much like him! The way he was completely scared of Sakura was pretty cute too. Noting that Sakura and Iruka hadn't been really close before was in my opinion a nice touch as well. And even though Iruka noted that Sakura must have been there because of Naruto, it's obvious that he misses Naruto as well. :D

Speaking of the NaruSaku hints, the part where Sakura interpreted Naruto's past antics as him rubbing in the fact that Sasuke won't go out with her, left me rather puzzled: why didn't I think of that one? :D And the last part was genius: cutting off the sentence much like Kishimoto would.

Ah, good old Kishimoto.

Since it does end with NaruSaku and since you support the pairing, you wouldn't mind if I link to this fic from my NaruSaku manifesto, would you? :D
sailorchick23 chapter 5 . 5/18/2007
I don't really see the humor in this but damn this was really good.
Kiwako chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I haven't read the original, but I thought this was amazing! It's one of the best Sakura-centric pieces I've read- the Kakashi part was fantastic and thought provoking and Tsunade/Shizune were really good, too. I agree that Iruka was a little out of place- he was the only one that didn't really say much, but having that part was good because it showed that she was becoming her normal self again.

I'm a SasuSaku fan myself, but I loved it. I like Sasuke and Sakura together, but Naruto and Sakura really do have an amazing bond.

In short, 'twas v. nice.