Reviews for Footsteps Through History
WisdomAndTheSea chapter 1 . 2/17/2016
Holy cow that was amazing and I can't stop smiling now.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I really wish Rose would have come back... again
DonnaForPresident chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Words cannot describe how much I liked this. (Why are there only 13 reviews? That is just...wrong.) By far one of the best I've ever read. Seeing you wrote 76 stories more, I think I'm going to check those out right now.
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This feels so happy and bubbly, and yet bittersweet. There's enough foreshadowing and mention of the "storm" approaching that the readers feels uneasy-but also enough love and happiness that it's hard not to smile. You really did well showing that the little things are what counted in Rose's time with the Doctor, and that he remembers them for a long time afterward.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Aws... I wanna cry now... :'(
otahyoni chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
I loved this, especially the last sentence. Oh! Oh oh oh! :)
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
No, no, no.

By which, I obviously mean, Yes, yes, yes: perfect.

Ok, now, please: you have GOT to stop making me cry. Seriously. If you keep toying with my emotions like this I am going to have to put you on my hit list, along with RTD. God. This... I could *feel* the fic grab hold of my heart and twist it. Hard. Twas not an entirely comfortable feeling.

But, I spose, if I'm being honest... Twas a beautiful, beautiful fic. The idea of it was incredible - the kind of doomed, falsely-optimistic way they fought for just one more adventure, inadvertently leaving little signs. *sniff* And it was perfectly balanced, too. We had the sadness, and the feeling that separation was coming, along with great humour. I mean, "he takes to calling her Rosocrates"? Genius. But then fun things like that are shattered with, "a crumpled strip of photographs will remain inside his pocket for an eternity." I mean, yes. That's an unbelievabubbly sweet image. But it's also so, so heartbreaking...

I loved how they both realised that they were on borrowed time and it was a mutual, unspoken decision to ignore it. And the fact that the Doctor was so caught up in it too: "It takes every ounce of willpower he has to stop himself from whisking her off to the edge of the universe and living out an eternity with her there, safe from the dangers of separation." Yes! Poor Ten. And, of course, I loved all the amazingly thought up lines that really *make* your fics. Like, "They smell like weeds and mud all the way to the middle ages."

Aw, man. You keep making me gush and it's getting really, really embarrassing. My reviews are obscenely long. Plus, I'm currently in an exam-weakened, emotionally vulnerable state. I can't take excesses of emotions like this...

But with lines like,

"Tomorrow doesn’t matter. Forever is now."

What am I supposed to do? I mean, that has got to be one of the most beautiful lines I've ever read.

Darn you. But well done too. :D
HarryWhoFanatic chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
OMG this made me so sad-I wanna cry. So beautifully tragic. Or tragically beautiful? Both true. Fantastic job!

~HWF
Raxacoricofallapatorius chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
aw thats so sweet xD can't wait for the next one
TrueRockstar chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
"Tomorrow doesn’t matter. Forever is now."

Beautiful.

Going into my favourites.

TR x
OnlyTime chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
That was absolutely beautiful and so desperately sad. As I was reading it I dreaded seeing Jackie's name towards the end... knowing that the inevitable was about to occur. You have captured their characters, and everything they mean to each other, so perfectly.

The very concept of their last day left together is heart breaking and the very last line...'Then they’re off again, leaving their mark all across history in one final adventure so that one day, when the inevitable happens, there will always still be an oblivious copy of them somewhere, roaming the universe hand-in-hand and looking forward to the forever they so desperately want to believe in.' hit me so hard when I read it. Your writing abilities continue to bring me close to tears with each read.

The small reminders of the inevitable on each adventure were so bittersweet... and the mention of the photos and the flowers now that she has gone was fantastic.

I know that it is a program, but there is something so special and true about their relationship that is really effecting, and you continue to capture this in your stories. It is so hard watching series three sometimes, yet your wonderful stories make it that much easier. Thank you for your truly outstanding contribution... keep up the fantastic work!
claudiastar chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
this is great, a perfect snapshot of their mad whorlwind lives.
cenowar chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Well congratulation son depressing me at the beginning of the day. Now I'm going to be angsty all day XD

But seriously, gorgeous piece. I do so love your work, very vey much. I was half-expecting the final trip to be somewhere REALLY romantic. Ten and Rose perfect, particularly Ten and the blue raspberry fiasco. Haha.

And of course the lipstick. I'm intrigued, dear Rachel, just what DID you have in mind? ;)

I shall be sad when these are over...
HelioQueen chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
This . is . fantastic!

First I was annoied of the little bits that this story is, but I got used to it and wow, that is great!

Your writing is successful and there is feeling!

Thank you, I love it!

T: Heli
k-girloftherings chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Rach! *wines*... (again)... How many times do I have to tell you about writing fics that are going to make me cry? I've worked SO hard to get over Doomsday, and however beautiful and gorgeous and well-written your stories are, it gives you no excuse to go making a poor defenseless fangirl all teary again. This is your FINAL warning!

xoxo