Reviews for Identity IV: Battle Phase
Rassilon001 chapter 19 . 1/16/2012
I think I went a bit overboard with the paranoia in this arc, actually, I was half expecting Cady or Paige to be henchmen villains due to frequent mention in the initial Phases. Guess not. Oh well, at least I caught Monarch.

At first, I was a little puzzled by the side duel with the Ishtars, but considering the importance of the link between Tea and Marik, I can see now why they had to be otherwise engaged. But I realized even with a drawn out duel Ramonarlius couldn’t dominate the entire story, so there had to be more to it than that. But that duel alone had me on the edge of my seat, especially when uber-dragons got traded around like cheap coin. You also did remarkably well to manipulate the players into place to make it exceptionally thrilling.

I can’t even begin to describe how awesome the duel was, how many last second saves kept them from being annihilated by the cheap tricks and tactics of their enemy. But in the end, victory for the good guys. Mostly. Even given how dark your story is, it’s a surprisingly bittersweet ending.
Minirowan chapter 19 . 3/11/2011
That was heartbreaking. I never expected Professor Harkins problem was Alzhemers; in a show filled with magic and soul-stealing lunatics, the normal problems take a backseat.

I really don't know what to say, this story was just amazing. More so than the others I think because of Yugi's confrontation with Atem.

I'd write more, but I'm impatient to read the next part.
ll Kairi ll chapter 19 . 12/29/2010
T. , now i'm crying

You did such a great job with this. It was . . . I don't even know what to say becuase i'm so hold (held?) up in the moment!

ll Kairi ll chapter 17 . 12/29/2010
"You're right, Aibou. You're right. My time has come and gone. This is your time now. Yours and your—our friends'. You don't need me." - That quote reminds me of when the series ends and Yugi is back in his city and he is running our to be with his friends to go to school. Yugi's narrorating voice is like saying, "This was the story of the pharaoh, blagh blagh blagh, and this is the beginning of my story." Or something among those lines. It made me all happy how you worded everything !

Now, i'm reaaaally curious on what Atem told Yugi. (When Tea and Dark Magician girl were standing right next to each other. Atem said something that made Yugi blush.) I don't really have a clue. . . . kind of.

Well, great chapter!

ll Kairi ll chapter 15 . 12/28/2010
Oh no! I think THIS is the best chapter :o :o :o :o :o

I looove it! Yugi and Atem meeting again, with everyone else!

And at the very end of the chapter, my mouth literally dropped opened. Kaiba is really going to do it? :o That easily? Yay! i somewhat understand why, but daaaang.

ll Kairi ll chapter 14 . 12/28/2010
ooooooh. I think this is the best chapter yet! o.o

But . . .. Atem! :( I hope he's going to be okay! I love this story so much i can't put it down!

ll Kairi ll chapter 12 . 12/28/2010
! You do not know how long i've waited for this!

Can't wait!

-A very happy Kairi :)
ll Kairi ll chapter 8 . 12/28/2010
Oooh, o.o

That can't be good. I hate how he's cheating! I wanna jump into the story and kick his professor butt! :

Great chapter by the way! I love it! 3

Cherry Burlesque chapter 18 . 6/18/2010
I laughed so hard at your LK references (unintentional or otherwise), I loved it! 'Screw your little Kuriboh, I have Blue Eyes White Dragon!'

Love it!
XD chapter 19 . 1/25/2010
"You missed out on more reviews because I couldn't stop reading in order to take time to write any!

Your mastery of writing duels is fantastic - the two and fro, the nearly winning with the last moment escape clause for each side, the clever use of tactics. It was better than anything the programme ever managed.

Once again I was really impressed by your use of so many characters without things getting confused. Everyone always had a role and a clear voice and reason to be there. Your very distinct characterisation of each individual person meant that, most of the time you could tell who was saying what without there being the need for attributations - and that's very skilful.

I really liked Marik and Bakura's pairing in this and Bakura's rediscovery of his inner strength (or psycho tendencies as it seems to be so close to teetering into!). They make quite a twisted little couple and, as someone who never really gave Marik much time before, you really made me like his character - that's what I call a dark sense of humour ;)

The ending of this section was spot on. How can you feel the true joy of victory without being forcibly reminded of the pain of loss? It's like a slap around the face, being reminded so harshly of the world outside magic and shadow realm business where everything can be fixed with a quick call to the Mystical Elf.

Jen"

Me: Ditto
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 15 . 3/18/2008
huh. i'm starting to get kaiba, and his feelings for sara. sometimes it seems like they're more possessive than anything, but for kaiba, it's okay. i'm reminded of the fic "my shield, my sword," by esama. it's prideshipping, but it's really interesting, and that sort of possessive love is very well portrayed. so much so that you don't take any offense to it at all. plus it's kaiba's pov, so it's that much more interesting for that. and it's an au. i've always had a fondness for au's.
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 7 . 3/18/2008
is that really spiria's effect? i am SO using that!
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 5 . 3/18/2008
i have those three cards: Unity, Yu-Jo Friendship, and Judgement of the Pharaoh. love 'em.
Jensti chapter 19 . 8/26/2007

Jen
adele4 chapter 19 . 7/2/2007
Ow. What a horrible way to end the Battle Phase. I kind of agree with Yugi about whining "but we won"... It would have been kind of cheep if he had just magically been healed, and I was expecting it, but, still. Painful.

Still, I think that this is my favourite part of the whole series. I'm really impressed by the way you manage to write duels so well. Btw, on the risk of asking a really stupid question, did you invent Reshef? He was a really cool and interesting duel monster.

I love how you wrote their interaction during the duel as well; especially the back-and-forth between Kaiba and Joey, because that's always been one of my favourite things in YGO, but also the interaction between Yugi, Joey and Mai, and everything else.

And Bakura's entrance was awesome!

The Kaiba fan in me is very annoyed by the way -he- almost ruined everything for them by getting Yugi to take the attack that was meant for him, but I can really see this happen: Kaiba isn't exactly all calm and stoic, and the provocation was well-chosen (though I'm sure Julius was really angry, too). I liked how he's jealous of the high priest, and agrees to help him for her sake...

I loved how you wrote Malik: you managed to keep the nastier part of his personality intact even though he's his post-canon self and not -evil- at all; I don't think I've -ever- read a fanfic that did that in a fully satisfying way.

I also love how you managed to bring back Atem without negating the meaning of the ceremonial duel and the canon ending. That's very impressive. I didn't think I'd be so happy to 'see' Atem reappear, but that part was awesome. I loved the interaction he has with Yugi and Téa, with Téa noticing that he's so young, and Atem teasing Yugi about her, and Téa not being sure of whom she's jealous, ...

I liked how the Egyptian's concept of the soul came into play in this, especially how it was their Sahu (about which I knew nothing...) that was in memory world (for example) and that is the part that appears when the duel monsters are summoned. It worked really well.