Reviews for The Bride
shiny-chang chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
It's such a good story! :D I feel so sorry for Narcissa [i.e. I hate Malfoy].

'Le Jarden Noir' is spelt wrong. Jarden should be spelt Jardin. But other than that, it's a really good story!
Nytd chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Boy, and we all think Lucius is an evil git. I'd be willing to bet that Cissy's father could give him a run for his money the way you've written him.

I don't read a lot of angst. I only like it if it is well done and this was.

It would be interesting to see more of the backstory and the realtionship between father and daughter.

Nice job weaving in the quote.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
*becomes totally jealous*

For a tragedy fic (i don't really like them) this is brilliant short, sweet and meaningful. you interpreted and used the quote well too!

white-oleandor chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Really good. I could see it in my head. The ending was the best.

Lexie-H chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
aw poor narcissa. beautifully written! i find it curious that everyone seems to see this as a narcissa fic? anyway lovely plot, its very powerful, and very lonely.

i can feel her isolation, and her despair at her father deeming her unworthy.

it must have been awful to have been a tool of trade...

this fits the quote perfectly, congratulations xx
Ikia chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
poor CIssa

i love this
Peevesthepoltergeist chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Really? Only a one-shot? That's a pity. I would love to see her attempts to prove her father wrong, and the positive or negative results.

Anyway, it was beautifully written, and I enjoyed it despited the tradgedy. Poor Narcissa, she only wants her father's love and approval...

SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Oh, that's funny! I'm writing mine about Narcissa, too. I'm almost done- hopefully I'll have it up sometime this weekend. I like the idea of Narcissa's father as very cold and indifferent to her. The last line was especially good.

One thing- you had two typos that I spotted- both of them in the word 'jardin'- yay my four years of French finally have some practical application!
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
This is really powerful, and very well written. You have a huge amount of tension in there, when her father runs his hand down her cheek, you can feel the air crackling.

This is really interesting when compared to mine. I did Narcissa too, but my Narcissa is the polar opposite to yours :) [i am not saying one is right and one is wrong btw, i love what you've done here, love it to bits]. My Narcissa is spoilt and petty (but loved), and she loves Lucius. I think i've been heavily influenced by the artwork of Makini on that one :)

Great story! That quote just screams 'narcissa!' at you, doesn't it.