Reviews for The More Things Change
Lerrinus chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Hi there, KidsNurse!

First of all, I'm glad your little one's arm is not broken and I hope he or she is feeling better soon and I'm wishing all the best to you and your family! (hug)

Even with everything going on around you, your writing is still wonderful and your story is a pleasure to read because it makes me happy, sad, scared, etc. Great descriptives and flow and dialogue! :-)

Best lines:

And—despite the heavy sedation—Cuddy’s certain that House is somehow able to sense Wilson’s absence. Wilson had taught her to watch for the subtle signs of increased leg pain, and she’s seen them twice now, and has had to medicate for them with the PCA. But it’s more than that; there’s a restlessness in House that can’t be described, or explained, simply by listing his symptoms. Even after the extra Dilaudid, his posture doesn’t relax, and he seems… generally unsettled. Cuddy tries to speak to him the way Wilson would, but House’s response just isn’t the same.

"...Don’t you understand what the problem is? House knows something’s up. And… he knows Wilson isn’t here.”

"...I’m right here, and you’re safe..."

But it’s the intangibles, those variables they can’t even begin to measure, that change the silence in the room from desperation to… awe. If they had to put a name to it, they’d be at a loss.

But all of them know that—whatever word they might choose to qualify what they’ve just witnessed—it goes far deeper than any medical intervention ever could.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! (hug)
krazegirl chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Ah, that was fabulous! I love how good Jimmy is with the patients, especially House and all his drama, coma or not. Hope your little guy is doing better and great job posting despite all the drama! I didn't realize this story was ending on Friday! Note to self: begin mourning now.
labyrinth38 chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Wonderful chapter! Absolutely beautiful... Particularly House's response to Wilson's presence of course... Loved it! :)

But I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time... Hope everything turns out okay in the end. You (and your kid!) have my best wishes and my thoughts. x
420PeaceFrogs chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Hey kiddos are way more important than your reviewers. I am sure that all of us would be ok and not hold it against you if you needed to not update for a while. Hope your kiddo turns out alright, I will keep him in my thoughts.
Rachel chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Wow. The closing of that chapter, with Wilson's return and the transcendent calm he brought in his wake - lovely, and very moving. Thanks so much for your writing. I'm sorry to hear you are going through a hard time. I will say a prayer that you will receive whatever you need to handle it. Thanks again.
Oldach's Dream chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Oh man, how I loved this. Cuddy's rant was exellent. One thing I absolutly detest in people - the number one reason I hated the Tritter arc with so much passion - is when they punish you for something that's not your fault, just because it happened to you. The ketimine failing was not House's fault - and I love your stories because you dedicate yourself to proving that point - to manipulating Wilson and Cuddy into realizinf it too. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your final chapter(s) and - if memory serves - you said there would be a sequel at some point? *Hopeful face*

And as to your author's note - don't worry about your updating - you update more frequently than any other author I've ever come into contact with, be proud. Take the time to deal with whatever it is you're dealing with. Which, by the way, I hope is nothing serious. I'm sure everyone who's as addicted to this plot as I am won't mind waiting a little. Suspence is good for the imagination.
ToGoAndLetGo chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
Awe Wilson! It was a chapter worth the wait. Another very wonderful chapter. I hope everything is alright with your son. :)
Dragen Eyez chapter 34 . 6/20/2007
It sounds like you've had quite the time of it lately. First the ER and what seems to be some pretty unsettling news... I hope whatever it is works out well, and don't worry about the lot of us; we can be a little patient. After all, the writer is more important than the story.

That was a pretty incredible change in House when Wilson appeared. Wilson the mother-hen. Hehe. I'm very curious about the next chapter; you mentioned it was very difficult to write.
EsScaper chapter 33 . 6/20/2007
Oh man I was hoping to find out what the answer is! It is nice to see Foreman and Chase fighting for House...in their own way, anyway. I am just so very curious as to what you have up your sleeve.

Ahh the anticipation...

Esc.
EsScaper chapter 32 . 6/20/2007
How excellent for someone besides House to get an epiphany! You described it perfectly...we all know that look. It is only a matter of transcribing it over to Wilson's big brown eyes instead of House's incredible blue ones.

Esc.
Radon65 chapter 33 . 6/19/2007
I liked this chapter very much! Excellent job of Chase and Foreman - I feel like Cuddy right now. Wilson's idea has to work. But Chase and Foreman are just doing what they think is right and they're going to stick to it. That's what House always wants. And Cuddy's thoughts on how she knows that it's going to be okay were rock awesome! Very well done chapter!
Radon65 chapter 32 . 6/19/2007
Very good chapter! I liked the Wilson and Cuddy characterization and semi-introspection, and I loved the part where Cuddy watched Wilson's moment of comprehension and played

through it in her mind! It's always so cool on the show when House does that. And the ending was so nice! I hope Cuddy's right!
Radon65 chapter 31 . 6/19/2007
Wow, talk about a guilt trip! What a weaving of introspection!

I don't think that I agree with it all, but it was very well done. Interesting ending - I'm glad that Wilson is a little more at ease with his decision-making now.
Dragen Eyez chapter 33 . 6/19/2007
That allergy with oxycontin didn't sound like much fun. How are things going with all of that? You sounded pretty worried a few days ago.

I really like Foreman and Chase being more involved in the story; it makes for some very interesting interactions. Your dislike for Cameron shines through quite agreeably.
Glorfindel chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Excellent story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I have thoroughly enjoyed your other stories too. Do keep it up! Am awaiting the outcome of the story eagerly.
674 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »