Reviews for Common Ground
milkysupernova chapter 1 . 7/24
Lovely! I love the ending. :_:
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 4/18
Ahhh, the "sap" level in this is perfect. And you did a great job of allowing Sam to comfort Dean while keeping Dean's pride intact. The two love each other so much and you show that while doing a lovely job of keeping them in character.
Each emotion all male and true, especially Sam kicking the guts out of the wayward heater.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Awww, beautiful extension of this episode. So much happened that couldn't just be dealt away with except that this episode was followed up by AHBL right afterward. I'm glad that you gave them a little time to talk things through, though. yayyyyyyy.
Lexy chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
D'awwwww . * huggles them both * poor boys ( to be clear i have no clue why i'm referring to them as boys they're older than me , menh force of habit I guess referring to everyone else as kid) they've had suh a crappy life , with Mary being killed and then them being forced into the life of a hunter and never really having a childhood and then John making a deal and dying to save Dean and Dean making the deal to save Sam and then both of them spending time in hell, Jess dying just like their mom , and just every other thing like that, all the times they've been hurt or killed ( and then brought back ) and the fact that seemingly anyone they grow attatched to ends up dying ( Mary,John,Jess,Pastor Jim, Bobby ... The list goes on ) it's just they risk so much to save these other people , people that they don't even know and what thanks do they get for it ? They get hunted like animals , it's just not fair ( and yea I know " life's not fair , yada yada yada ) but still ...
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Wow.

I can only imagine the issues Dean must have had after returning to "real life" after living in the land of what might have been.

I think this was very realistic on one level because it really couldn't have been business as usual after an experience like that. There would have to be some level of emotional fallout.

And yes, it was hopelessly sappy but that was the best part.

Great job.
isxbelv chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
This was freaking beautiful. I lalala loved the endinggggg! Lovely work!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Yeah, that's totally Sappy, but sometimes I just love it ahaha

Good one

See you around o/

Rosetta
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Hi Cheryl,

I loved this story! It's beautifully written and I don't think it's to sappy. You kept both of them in character and had them fighting alone for quite a bit. I especially loved the scene with Dean crying and trying not to break apart outside the motel room, while Sam was on the inside hurting for his big brother and trying to do the right thing.

Okay, before I repeat everything others already said (also in a much better way) I just say that I fully agree with "SophieSaulie" and "pandora jazz". And I also LOVED how you ended the story on a lighter note, with a little banter between them and Dean remembering that they weren't like everybody else.

Thanks for this wonderful story and for sharing your work with us!

Cheers, D.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
OMG! Dean trapped in a hoodie is just too cute! And the knife being his security blankie? Aw! I just love it when Dean is being cute :). And the snuggling thing was cool too, not too sappy like it can get sometimes.
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
The scene were Sam was standing inside, torn up over Dean's pain, and Dean is on the other side of the door crying was both heartbreaking and very symbolic. Powerful.

Loved this: "You think some wussie version of me knows what it’s like to have you stand between me and death, between me and my going darkside? He didn’t know you, Dean. Not the real you. But I do, Dean. I do."

And loved Sam relating the things Dean did in this life to the things his brother in the other life had accused him of (credit card fraud, missing the play) and showing how those actions didn't make Dean a bad brother, cuz there were good reasons behind them.

Loved Dean getting hypothermia (for some reason, I love that in a fic!) and Sam manuevering him into sharing blankets and even digging out clothes to use as blankets.

All in all, a lovely bit of comfort, and a nice repair of the wound Dean surely felt over his experiences in WIAWSNB. Great job!
staceycj chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Awesome Story!
Anime's-mistress chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Aw... I love this fic. It's awesome. Great job. C:
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
m, love it! I have read this one before, but forgot to review - so I reread :) Great combo of tenderness and keeping true to their characters! I love it.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
I have no idea how i missed this one... great job on this. WIAWNSB just about broke my heart and I love that you gave us even more... great job