Reviews for Returning Echoes
NicaMatth chapter 37 . 7/21/2012
I spent hours n hours reading where's the end? D":
White Morticia chapter 11 . 7/19/2012
This chapter was briliant! I LMFAO the whole practical exam xD Also, it's really precious to see that little flame starting to spark in RoyXEd's relashionship (pun intended :P) So the romance is finally starting... Bring it on!
White Morticia chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
Amazing and sweet EdxAl moments in this chapter! :) It's precious how they both think the world of each other but humble themselves... Cheers for brotherly love! :3
"You need to hit something Sister, but there's nothing to hit here." Al looked at the lowered head. "You know we're not allowed to spar yet." LMFAO xD This chapter really had some funny scenes xD
I get the feeling that your writing style is improving by the chapter. The story is getting really interesting, intense, funny and sweet. It's a pleasure to read it :D
White Morticia chapter 5 . 7/19/2012
I can't really say I understand all that pmsing stuff. Even though I'm a girl I've never really felt that different before or during my cycle... Isn't those mood swings a bit stereotyped? :\ I don't really know...
I feel sad about the distance that has grown between the two brothers. :( The fact that they would live and die for each other is what I love the most about FMA. But thing have changed... But it's just so sad! :'(
White Morticia chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
God, any moment now! xD I'm still waiting for the one change that will freak Ed out: female monthly problems! xD hahaha
I don't really have anything to say about the story itself. The thing about good stories is that it flows so smoothly that the reader just absorbs it all without feeling the need to criticize (either good or bad). You get so into it that you don't feel like you're reading a story, you feel like you're living it. In other words, I am really linking the story so far :D
White Morticia chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
Sex change and armless. How unfortunate. :P
The sorry sounds interesesting. If there's one thing I really like about it is that you didn't immediately change to 'she' in the story. Because even though he now looks female, Ed is still male inside and that shows in the narrative (Ed focused). People tend to not do that in fanfiction, as if Ed was supposed to be female all along and changing sex is totally normal. I like it that you brought up the denial. Makes it more realistic.
Anyway I've only read the first two chapters so I'll shup up and read the rest ;) (Sorry for possible errors in this review, I'm not a native english ).
Guest chapter 37 . 7/16/2012
I'm soooo sad the story stops here. It was a great entertainment during my vacation and I will miss it. It's so rare to find such a story with a writing style very fluid and agreable, character's personality very well developed, etc and etc... Even if French is my first language, I laughed, I cried, I drooled Very pleasurable, thank you !
Rageful Jewel chapter 37 . 7/15/2012
A very interesting fic to read. I must say, I had the urge to hit Winry when she was talking about Ed at Garcia when she was saying that Ed wasn't acting like the typical female. Seriously, my attitude about dressing up and make-up is the same as Ed's and I was born female, which makes me glad I was born in modern times where my opinion wold not be labelled weird.

Anyway, is there any chance of this fic being updated soon? I ask because 1) it's been over 2 years since the last update and 2) this fic is just too interesting to be left abandoned. After all, I think this is the first I ever read that took the gender change that Ed went through in a serious manner. In the fic, you took the time and the effort to show the confusion that Ed was under by the change.

PS: Did the people at the South HQ set up the explosion to kill someone?
supercrista123 chapter 14 . 7/14/2012
I love this story so much! _ also I would so go lesbian for ed ;)
AnxiousDelay chapter 20 . 7/13/2012
I'm probably not the first to admit this but one of my favorite genres is gender benders, and I admit that I have read allot of them for the amount of time that I have being reading Fan Fiction, but this is one of the best ones I've read for a few reasons; 1) the plot is solid and well written 2) the characture with the gender change doesn't just fit in with it 3) the chapters are a decent size(cos I know and you know that most people hate short chapters, they wont something time consuming) 4) the relationship doesn't jump the gun, it starts of slow it isn't all 5 chapters in and they have a solid relationship 5) It's just plain out interesting to read, there are so many twists in the plot that you can't guess whats going to happen next (cos sometimes some of these can be so predictable, like i was not expecting Elysia to get sick). so congratulations you wrote a really good story!
Jesagon chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I have unlike many other reviewers of chapter one, only read chapter one.
And thus, that is all I can give you my thoughts of.

When I first found this story I was unsure of how you would go about making Ed female in a more or less believable way, and your solution was (while not what I would have chosen) pretty okey.
But I found your wording unfortunate. And that really ruined this chapter for me. When the gate took payment from Ed, so to speak, it would indicate that he lost something really valuable. And, since the only difference I can conceive from the information available is the shift from male to female... it just.
I sort of got the idea that you meant to say that a female is worth less than a male... and while I could be wrong (I even assume I'm wrong) that thought kept bothering me as I read on. And that in turn made me think that you later meant to portray Ed as a very feminine character, that sort of lost her "manliness" or whatever... and that would be a bit unfortunate, I think.

But still, the writing is quite okey, and I might read on in a few days or so. I'll just drop of another review when I have something alse to say, haha.
Keep writing, and be creative - if you feel like it.
/ Jesagon
BrokenpenBleedingLead chapter 37 . 6/27/2012
I keep coming back to this every so many yaers... I would love to see you pick it back up. You've done a pratty decent job thus far and I bet the increase in experience and talent that age lends would make a continuation of this project quite sucessful and also very enjoyable for your readers.
gaap237 chapter 37 . 6/25/2012
These kinds of stories did not appeal that much to me, but yours has be enchanted. I know it has been 3 years, but PLEASE UPDATE THIS. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY! It's such a shame that such a good story is incomplete. Pretty please update. An interesting factor you could introduce into the story is the fact that incidents with women in the military are not uncommon. After all, most of the military is composed of men, and they are not always respectful of women. Nothing serious has to happen, but that would be a good source of protective Roy and it would help Ed realize that being female comes with a few new risks. I just want to see Roy kick ass.
chineseartist chapter 37 . 6/14/2012
I don't suppose reviewing again (and this might be more than the second time I've done this-I've forgotten) will get me a new chapter? Pretty please? I love this fic, all 37 chapters of it, but I want the rest. I hate seeing well-written fics going unfinished, so I can only hope your muse jumps your consciousness and hijacks it with story ideas. Specifically, this story. Well, no matter what, I hope you keep writing, and best of luck to you.
Gun toten Girly chapter 37 . 6/13/2012
Holy hell. I don't review stories often at all and only the good ones get an 'update soon, please'. Which, in hindsight, makes me look like an asshole.

But this, however, if probably the best Fullmetal Alchemist story I have read of it's kind. I'll admit, I wasn't looking for a Mustang and Edward romance and the thought of them two together makes me want to be sick, but your summary had 'female' in front of it, I saw how many damn words this had and thought "Holy shit, this has to be good."

I am so glad I clicked on your story. I couldn't put it down-literally. I had it saved on my iPod so I could read it when I went places. I stayed up until ungodly hours trying to finish 'just one more chapter' and couldn't stop thinking about what would happen next! You did such a fantastic job and I can't wait to read what else you have!

You just made everything sound so believable. Usually people are focused more on the romance and less on the realism. While that's nice whenever you want to read a good cliche, it's not so very nice when you want something real. I loved every part of this, even the romance bit. I have a feeling any female Edward stories aren't going to hold even a slight candle to this enormous bonfire. Actually, no, scratch that, this is like a baby star ready to start nuclear fusion. I very seriously and sincerely hope and wish that this piece in the South is not the main course. I very much liked many of the side stories that linked subtly with this one, but would I be a true reader if I didn't wish that this story would go on for quite a long time?

I loved how you made Edward become female, although the details are a little strange for me. I know it'd be impossible to truly know what happened seeing as how none of the characters know the true reason (and I think that was some heavy BSing on your part, not to sound rude but I thought you did it fabulously and I'm going to be taking some major pointers on that one) but at this point, regarding that aspect, I'm extremely interested to see what would happen between Mustang and Edward's relationship if his female-condition is reverted at some point. It doesn't sound like it would happen, but hey, my imagination can run wherever it wants to with this.

I like the romance you've weeded through here. It's not so overwhelming but it's just enough to where it is scarily realistic. New relationships take up most of the thought process but not so much to where you become a blubbering moron. I really liked how you made Mustang have to discipline Edward even though they were in a relationship. That brought a lot of things down to Earth and made me realize that although Mustang MIGHT (as he said ;D) be falling in love with her, he's still her superior officer and deals it when it's required.

I just loved this story. I could gush all about it. In fact, I'm probably going to go reread the part where Mustang and Edward reunite just for shits and giggles. That might be my favorite part, although their first kiss is another favorite. You did amazing with the thought processes that go in accordance to certain activities and I have to wonder why you're not an author, yet.

If I had one critique, it would be the lack of Al-Mustang history and influence you've mentioned they've had on each other. It might be because he's retired or you haven't gotten to the specific part yet, but I feel like an enormous gap between Mustang and Alphonse's relationship hasn't been filled.

Your chapters are very long and juicy. I love them. But what I love most above all else, above this story's plot and highly-entertaining and accurate characterization, was that I have never seen a single episode of the original Fullmetal Alchemist series and with just the tiny glimpse of research I had done before reading this story, I was able to understand every single innuendo and such you've made about our dimension or original characters from the first series without having to do any more research. It wasn't oppressive, either, like you were giving a recap of what happened.

And that, I have to say, is what truly makes you stand out among others in this genre. You have a real, raw talent and you'd better be contemplating becoming an author. Or, if you already are one (seeing as how I haven't read your profile, yet) you can be rest assured I will be purchasing one of your books.

I will await your next update.

GtG