Reviews for In The Night
Lukas McDrake chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Aw! That's super sad yet super sweet!
Reks19 chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
I agree with Fantasy Wings. This is a tragic, yet beautifully written piece. )
Fantasy Wings chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
You know, this story makes me cry. I mean, it's so sad, how Balthier and Ashe have to say Goodbye. :( It's like another Romeo and Juliet, except that Ashe and Balthier weren't being torn apart by war-they were torn apart by civil status (queen x pirate)... And in the epilogue, I was touched by the last sentence "She never saw Balthier again, but she often thought of him, and she was happy knowing she’d always have a little part of him with her."... :'( write more... please... :'D you're a great author.
Wakkamoley chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
That's really cut, but I don't like Ashe cheating on anyone _ not even to Al-Cid...

Well I don't think the council should discuss who Ashe should marry but rather let her choose for herself, ya?

This is a really nice story, you wrote it well!
marapozsa chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
...Pope? Shouldn't it be the Marquis or the Gran Kiltias overseeing the wedding?

They didn't have Christianity in Ivalice but this isn't written so bad. Al-Cid definitely isn't the sort of person that Balthier would take a liking to so I can safely congratulate you on mentioning why.

I found the Epilogue to end in a cliche sort of way. Nonetheless, this was enjoyable. Thanks for writing.
Sita 900 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Ashe married Al-Cid and had a baby? The baby was Balthier's but everyone thought it was Al-Cids?

Copycat!

:D I'm kidding. I loved this; the ending was so sad yet so sweet. She's got a little piece of him forever, in the form of a child. Great work!
onzeh11 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
i loved it!
Ashe Chibi chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Squee! I feel sorry for Balthier and a little for Ashe, but this was beautiful! I love that Ashe and Al-Cid get married and the heir to the Dalmascan throne is Balthier's kid. hehe.