Reviews for Double Trouble
C.Bell chapter 5 . 11/16/2007
What an ending. I liked Hank crumbling a bit in this chapter. Sometimes it's easy to forget that they're only children, Hank included. Perfect final chapter. What I love about your stories is how neatly you always tie everything up, yet still leave room for more. I loved the very end...looking forward to the sequel, where hopefully the identity of the "Master" will be revealed! :)
elektralyte chapter 5 . 11/14/2007
I'm really curious to see who the doppelganger was working for and what's in store for the Orion Lance. Great story, I'm looking forward to the next one.
Madripoor Rose chapter 5 . 11/13/2007
I've been rereading the D&D fanfic here and just wanted to let you know how much I love your stories. Drama, action, humor...it's like having the show back, but better! Great writing.
Realmlife chapter 5 . 11/12/2007
What an explosive ending.

Presto really seems to be getting the hang of using his hat.

So who is the Doppelganger working for?

What else can the Orion Lance do?

Why do I get the feeling you have raised more questions than were answered in this story?

On my count there are now two characters you have introduced during season four that are set to make a reappearance.

What are you planning for them I wonder?

I eagerly look forward to chapter one of The Lair of the Lich King.
Mistress Scribbles chapter 5 . 11/12/2007
Really liked the transformation of the Doppelganger.

Hmm, a particularly bleak ending there. Interested to see who 'Master' is and what s/he wants with the lance.

'If only you could talk, Uni'... What's that, Uni? Bobby's trapped down a well? Good re-use of Sheila's ability to 'talk' to nonsensical creatures like Uni (even if that ability has always annoyed the crap out of me!)
Realmlife chapter 4 . 11/11/2007
Sneaky sneaky - Uni WOULD be able to tell the difference unless it is Uni.

Why do I get the feeling Hank is going to do something stupid.

What's he going to do to someone he thinks has hurt Sheila?

I just hope Presto figures out what they have been missing in time.
Danny chapter 4 . 10/21/2007
WHAT? The Doppleganger replaced UNI? Clearly this guy has low standards for his species.
C.Bell chapter 4 . 10/17/2007
Solid chapter. Good action and suspence. I'm glad Sheila isn't dead (yet!) but the doppleganger mystery is driving me as crazy as it is Presto. I still don't think it's any of the Young Ones.

Loved the "showdown" between Hank and Eric. I like how you characterize their interaction, how quick Hank is to always assume the very worst of Eric. It rings true.

Already looking forward to the next part.
Kimmy Kenderkin chapter 3 . 10/1/2007
Yay for another chapter! I love how Presto is talking/arguing with himself as the voice in his head. I do that all the time. *g* I'm hoping he doesn't turn out to be insane or possessed. Lol! But... who's the doppleganger disguised as? Where's Sheila? What happens next? Can you tell I'm enjoying this story so far? *g* I really looking forward to seeing more from you soon! Thanks! :)
C.Bell chapter 3 . 9/30/2007
Without a doubt, you're the queen of cliffhangers. I'm really enjoying this story. The pacing is just right and the mystery has me gripped. Maybe this is out there, but could the Doppleganger have been posting as Dungeonmaster? Fakey DMs appeared in "The Garden of Zinn", after all. Because something tells me it isn't ANY of the young ones, though I'm not sure why I so firmly believe that.

As for Sheila...well, this whole new mystery is going to drive me nuts for a while!
elektralyte chapter 3 . 9/20/2007
Hm. Hank seems to be having a credibility gap these days. _~

Anyway, great story so far. I've actually reread the previous chapters to glean more clues!
Mistress Scribbles chapter 2 . 7/22/2007
I reckon Uni's the impostor.

And they're at the bridge of Kazak-Dum! You shall not PASS!
Realmlife chapter 2 . 7/22/2007
The more I read this, the more suspicious I get of all of them.

Hank or Sheila - but they are practically inseparable

Eric - but its always Eric

Diana - a definite possibility, she was first into the cave

Bobby - he was playing hide and seek, but Uni doesn't seem concerned, but if Uni could tell the difference, she would know there was something wrong, unless it is Uni.

Argh -cliffhangers.

I like the way you are making use of the weapons only being usable by their rightful owner again. Also, Prestos 'conversation' with himself while trying to figure it all out, I can just image him doing that. Looking forward to chapter 3.
Wildfire's Flame chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
Hm. Poor Presto. He has a tough decision ahead of him. Who is who . . . And giant bat things. Creepy .. . Very very nice.
marajade963 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Just spotted this.

I'm gonna go with the others and post the fish I owe you.

Brilliant first chapter. As for DM's last warning to Presto, I'm going to listen to it and TRUST no one, not even him. I could be wrong, and most like am wrong, but hey it'll keep me guessing as I read it. I love the way you've written Presto's parts in this. And of coarse you've got my fav Eric being Eric in it. Class.