Reviews for Role Play
666snoopy chapter 12 . 5/4
Great job!
Mind-boggling. This story has almost 1,000 reviews and it's actually a terrible fic. How do you get so many reviews for such a bad fic? Like, what is this fic supposed to be? Is it crack? Or is it angst? Crangst? Well, whichever, it's bad at everything it tries to be. It's not funny, it's just stupid. I don't think I laughed even a single time at the supposed "jokes." And the romantic drama? Lame, so lame. I don't understand why a fic that started off as total crack fic with them trying to hide a body, suddenly turned into cheap fangirl angst with Sasuke running away to another country and hiding his whereabouts for two years, all because he realized he had gay feelings for Naruto. It's like you suddenly changed your mind on what kind of fic you wanted to write halfway through the story. Did you think we wouldn't notice?

Like honestly, the plot was just bad. Firstly, the blend of crack and romantic angst was jarring and didn't work well. Secondly, the plot makes both of your main characters look stupid. Sasuke running away like a 12 year old who got scolded by his parents made him look fucking immature. Who does shit like this? At age 18? And then of course Naruto's fragile widdle heart is so sad and wounded by Sasuke's actions that he spends the next 10 years ignoring his feelings for Sasuke, and Sasuke spends the next 10 years continuing to ignore his feelings for Naruto... I mean, what? If you stop to think about all of this for more than two minutes, it just looks stupid. Why spend so many years repressing your feelings? Why? For what? What did Sasuke gain by it? Why spend so many years holding it over Sasuke's head that he had an emotional crisis when he was a fucking teenager? Can't Naruto just build a bridge and get over it? They both look like such massive losers in this fic.

Both main characters were totally unlikeable, especially Naruto. When you've got one character pining for as long and hard as Sasuke does, the person he's pining over had better be something special, and Naruto really isn't. He's immature, somewhat controlling, and kind of an asshole. Sasuke is all of those things too, so I disliked him as well, but the difference between Sasuke and Naruto is that the fic didn't put Sasuke on a pedestal. There was an obligation for Naruto to be "worth it," for him to be worth pining over for a decade, and he wasn't. I actually kind of agreed with Naruto that they were too dysfunctional to be in a relationship. I mean, neither one could get it together for over a decade, so what was the point anymore? Just hang it up and move on.

And do you want to know something really astounding? Sakura was the best character in this fic. Fucking SAKURA. That's how bad your plot and main characters were. I actually would have read a Sakura x Rock Lee spinoff, and it probably would have been 10x better than this fic. But even being 10x better than this fic, in no way would have made it deserving of 1k reviews. Let's be honest with ourselves: the only reason why this thing is getting any praise at all is because it's your only other long NaruSasu multichap besides Torrid, so fans of that fic have convinced themselves that this fic is just as good as that other one. It isn't. If you'd published this under a different pseud, the fic wouldn't have gotten even a fraction of the praise and reviews it has now. At its core, this is a lame, time-waster of a fic. Nothing more.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/12/2019
I absolutely love the series (sadly I know I'm way late)
Aiman chapter 12 . 3/17/2019
Wow... I absolutely loves the story. You are an awesome write. I know its too late and you won't be reading the review but I still wanted to feed your review monster ... I also loved your disclaimers, intro and end notes.
kcisjohan chapter 12 . 1/20/2019
I really enjoyed this story. The tongue in cheek dialogue and music references were brilliant.
Lunelaya chapter 11 . 12/17/2018
Okay, I already like this story so much, but this chapter was on another level! It was simply brilliant, with so many references to the world of fanfictions and dramas, you know how to "play" with your characters, how to mix soft angst with a lot of humour, this is so well done! I can't wait to read the last chapter
Vivaan chapter 5 . 8/13/2018
Oh damn! Hinata... I can't even XD
Vivaan chapter 3 . 8/13/2018
I'm so relieved. I can't stand fics in which they're talking one second and the next, they're going at it. I'm really really relieved that it was just a dream.

And enjoying it so much!
Vivaan chapter 1 . 8/13/2018
Ugh, I'm feeling so awkward on Sasuke's behalf! I would have instantly died if that kind of mortification happened to me (not that I would actually do it).
Guest chapter 12 . 7/18/2018
i like it but i would have made it where naruto and sasuke where there first and only lover
Lulu chapter 9 . 7/15/2018
Best chapter ever!
HesterAsaMoore chapter 4 . 5/1/2018
So far this story has me humming "Sleepover" by Hayley Kiyoko.
Lizzy chapter 12 . 3/5/2018
I’ve been reading Naruto/Sasuke fiction for a long time and this is my new favorite 10/10 would read it again.
BannanGodis chapter 12 . 1/31/2018
Here you go, review monster! I love it! It was amazing
Guest chapter 10 . 11/2/2017