Reviews for A Life Redirected
irishgirl9 chapter 10 . 11/17/2008
What a heartbreakingly beautiful story. You should put a tissue warning on this story b/c you definitely need a box nearby.

Poor Sammy, I was afraid that he wouldn't wake up. I'm glad he did, but it was sad to see how different he was from the boy he had been.

I love that Dean and John never left his side. I was afraid you were going to have John leave Sam and return to hunting. I'm glad you didn't. Then when John took that one last hunt, I was afraid you were going to kill him off.

I love that how even though Sam was different, John Dean and Jim didn't treat him that way. The conversation that Sam had with his dad about the word retarded was very well written. Not once did John ever see Sam that way and I think that made a big difference in Sam's recovery.

Interesting twist with Dean going off to college. I could see why he'd want to stay behind, but John was right. He and Jim wouldn't live forever and Dean would need a way to be able to help support Sam. I like that even though Dean made a life at school and a life with Julie, he didn't leave Sam behind.

I love Sam's relationship with his niece. Their bond was so sweet and I love how like her father and grandfather, she didn't treat Sam as though he were different.

I was balling when John died. It was so sad how Dean had to make the decision to pull the plug. Sam asking for his dad was heartbreaking especially when he demanded God return his dad.

I really like how you fleshed out Pastor Jim. He was only mentioned a couple of times on the show and featured in only one eppie, nut you really brought him to life. I love how he was there throughout everything.

One thing that really made this story work for me was that Dean didn't blame John for the accident even though John blamed himself. I've ready so many fics where if Sam so much as gets a paper cut, Dean refuses to speak to John. If Dean was so full of blame for his dad, I don’t think they would have had as much focus on Sam as they. Would be too hard if they weren’t getting along.

Brilliant story! You truly are a gifted writer. Thank you for sharing it with us.
supernaturalmommy chapter 10 . 6/23/2008
I was absolutely drawn into this story, after it was recc'ed on a Supernatural Storyfinders community on Live Journal. I'm so glad I clicked to read it. I have three special needs kids and you've captured so many of the ups and downs within the dynamics of the Winchesters lives. You did a wonderful job!
freedomfly chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Had this on my 'to read' list for a while and read it over a couple of nights. The way Dean looked after Sam and always protected him was heart warming. Also the fact that Dean's kids accepted Sam as he was instead of the way some adults react was really cute. I always love your limp!Sam.
Thorny Hedge chapter 10 . 3/12/2008
It's so hard to read about Sam in any diminished capacity, because he's so darn warm and brilliant. This was a hard, hard read, but very well-written. *sniffle* I loved it.
Von chapter 10 . 1/12/2008
Wow..

This story was very well written, but.. it thoroughly depressed me. SO much so that I almost feel sick.

I think part of that was the fact that I thought Sam would get better, you know? But he just got worse and as Dean went off to Uni, all I saw was Sam trudging along and I felt like 'Why did they force him to stay alive when this is all he'll have?' I felt angry and grieved.

(Chuckles) Maybe this fic should change the 'angst' tag to 'tragedy'.

So, I although this fic made me feel absolutely horrible and I wish I'd never laid eyes on it.. :) I did want to take the time to remark that you do write wonderfully and despite the constant sensation of dread, I just could NOT stop reading. :D
MinxFlamedancer chapter 10 . 1/6/2008
Wow Dawn, that was really good. I started reading this back in May and then didn't have a computer all summer so I sorta forgot about it, but then shortly after Christmas I found it again, and as long as it was it was still really good. I found it extremely hard to read Sam that way at first, and I still can't quite picture it properly, but it was a neat idea. And I love how you took Dean's love and protectiveness towards his brother and spawned that through the years to give him a family - that I almost could see. But getting back to reality, our boys still have a long road of hunting ahead of them (I refuse to believe the writer's strike will not end and we won't get more), and whatever they come across I hope it sparks new ideas into your brain, cuz I love reading your stories. One day I'll get through all of em, I will. :) So thanks for this one, and good luck with your future (and current) endeavors.

Sarah
Cat in a box chapter 10 . 12/21/2007
Fantastic story, really well written, it made me cry!
AquarianNightSky chapter 10 . 11/17/2007
Wow. Okay... I started reading this story when you posted the first chapter, but I lost track of it when I went out to work on the ship for the second time. I put it on alert but I never had a chance to read. But I have read it now and all I can say is wow. I love your Limp!Sam. I still have to say that Between the Shadows is still my favorite. And I'm still waiting for a comtinuing story that involves Sammy and Sarah getting together and Dean and April. And not to mention the Limp. What do you think? Is it possible? Again, I love your stories. Hope to hear from you.

Toodles!

Sky
A Touched Reader chapter 10 . 9/17/2007
Dear Dawn,

after reading this entire story in one sitting, I was compelled to write a review, even though I am generally dreadful at doing so. While I know that the most useful reviews for authors are those which provide constructive criticism, in this review I simply wanted to thank you. This story touched me on so many levels that I did not expect.

When I was a child, I had a very dear uncle with mental disabilities; while his were congenital, the similarities between him and your adult Uncle Sammy in this work were astounding. I HAD this experience of a kind, wonderful, very extra special uncle; my bond with him was like you described between Cat and Sam. Although my own uncle died over six years ago, I have never stopped remembering or mourning him. Your writing helped me to remember exactly how special my own uncle was, and how very much people with disabilities have to give to the rest of us. While this story might not have had the Sam that we generally think of and love, your Sam here was a wonderful, vibrant figure that I fell in love with.

Thank you. A thousand times, thank you.
Amy the hyper caffeine addict chapter 10 . 8/25/2007
Wow. This was such a sweet story. I loved it. To see the difference in their lives. It made me cry at the end when everyone was so happy. :)
talon81 chapter 10 . 7/13/2007
awesome story! I loved it! :)
cavetrollgrl chapter 10 . 6/4/2007
wonderful ending though sad, I thought for sure you were going to let another winchester die not pastor jim. The family pulling together after such an accident was well written and showed great family dynamics. I hope you are able to post some more stories soon but if life gets in the way thanks for the ones youe have already written and me and everyone else will just have to be patient won't we. thanks
SalemsChild chapter 10 . 6/2/2007
Long live Limp!Sam fanfics!

Kudos, Dawn, on another fabulous read! I can't tell you how many times I ended up reaching for a tissue while reading this story. You really have a knack for putting small details into your stories that really bring out the human element...the emotions and tribulations of daily life...without weighing the story down, slowing it or detracting from the overall work. I guess we're going to have to give you the title of "Queen of the Tearjerker" LOL!
PaulineA chapter 2 . 6/1/2007
I loved this story. It was really well written and my heart just bled for the Winchester family.

Good Job.
jenilee chapter 10 . 6/1/2007
I read this whole story last night and was too emotionally drained to review..so had to come back and tell you what an amazing story. I had read your other fic "the edge of madness" sometime ago(which I loved) and have been, not so patiently waiting for a new one ever since. This was such an emotional story, I loved every bit of it, except for that particularly evil cliffhanger at the end chapter eight and then you left us hanging into the next chapter for a bit longer waiting to see who it was that didn't make it...that was mean! lol..Just teasing! Anyway, awesome story can't wait for more.
343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »