Reviews for Slave to Destiny
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
That was excellent. I love how Sam is aware of everything and that he think everything is going to be okay when we know that it won't. Awesome job!
Rat chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
yay strong Sam. I don't see enough of him in fanfic. I hope you write more strong Sam fics. I love protective Dean, but you are so right that it is best when Sam saves himself.
TroublingAStar chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Amazing! Every word, every phrase was so gorgeous and inticrately crafted that the whole piece just sucks you in. There are no weak points, or wobbles where the reader is able to tear away from the text for just a moment and remember what they're doing-it's just incredible and wonderful. I love the idea that this whole thing was going through Sam's head in that fraught silence as he held the crowbar or whatever above Jake's head until his death.

And the last line? Is love.
Annie chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I absolutely love it! If only somehow they can incorporate it into the show! Amazing insight into Sam's character. Maybe after you're done with what you're working on you do a longer spn fic?
Izzy4 chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Wonderful take on a stronger Sam; really well written and pleasure to read. :0)
shmrck14 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Fantastic and add me to the group that wants Sam to save himself. This was my feeling as well, I was ok with Sam dying the way he did (of course knowing he would come back some how) because he was still the Sam we know and love!
Anon chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Really good story, I loved the ending.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Very powerful. I wasn't going to read episode tags for this because I didn't want to read a million interpretations of Sam saying goodbye to Dean in his head before he died, but I'm so glad I tried out this one. Everything you said fit so beautifully. Excellent writing D
carocali chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
What a beautiful take on the first part of the finale. I love that Sam is so clear about his choices; not being a victim. The love in his voice and on his face as he sees his brother, finally able to tell him where he's at, and then...

At least he didn't make Dean keep his promise.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

PointOfView chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
I was directed to this fic by a friend ... a friend who is very good at spotting excellent fics by the way.

As usual I was not steered wrong!

As far as I'm concerned this was a perfect reflection of Sam's thoughts. I just love Sam realizing that he could choose his own path.. that he could be in control... no that he was in control. Sam saved himself but more importantly he recognized that he saved himself! Beautiful!

And as far as the ending... I've got to say no one has ever brought me to the brink of tears...

... then make me snort with laughter and shake my head in the breath of a moment.

LOL! Seriously cannot believe you wrote that! :-)

Your writing is an emotional roller coaster rider!

sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Sam saved himself. It's the ultimate redemption.

Slave to destiny/Destiny's bitch...he was finally able to shake free of it but he wasn't able to savor the victory for long.

Marvelous piece.
vintage chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Absolutely amazing. What a unique and moving introspective on Sam’s final moments (or at least that is what it appears…). I love that you had Sam save himself, and I agree with you 100%, I’m tired of seeing Dean save the day; I would like Sam become more of the brother instead of the little brother, if you know what I mean. Again, thank you for that enjoyable one-shot. Loved it!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
When I saw that you had written a story, I can't even explain how excited I was. I made sure that I read everything else new first before I finally allowed myself the pleasure of reading yours.

Because I knew it had to be good-because you get it. You get Sam. You not only love Sam for the little brother that he is, but for the independent, strong man that he is. And that's so rare in this fandom.

And you tagged this ep. This ep tore my heart out, and I must say, this is brilliant. This is perfect. This exactly what I want to have been in Sam's mind. And the thing is, I had never even thought of it. I've been awfully wrapped up in the pain of watching Sam die so quickly, without any chance for Dean to save him, that I didn't even stop to realize that this ep was Sam's ep to save him, that even though he died in the end, he saved himself in all the ways that matters.

It was Sam's temptation, and when he resists it, he defies the plans that have frightened him and there had to have been some sense of peace for him in that. And victory.

Which is just so painfully ironic in the way this ended.

I'm beyond amazed how perfectly this ties together all the things we've wanted to see in Sam. I want to recc this to everyone I know-everyone needs to read this fic.

So I sincerely hope that this foray into this fandom isn't your last. Because this was like a breath of fresh air :)
Becca chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
HE'S NOT DEAD! *cough* ahem... I really liked this it interesting besides that one minor thing. Your a great writer