Reviews for Surviving Death
slystir chapter 13 . 1/16
Okay, I loved the ending with the family realizing that Dean's a hero and I loved the smart assed kids, who, by the way are so much like my teenaged pair they really came off the page. There's an old wish that my granny used to say (Imagine heavy Scottish accent):

Would the gift the good lord give us,
to see ourselves as others see us.

I've always thought that if Dean could just see himself through another's eyes he would understand what he means to people. I also think that Dean is one of those very rare people who feel things on a deeper level then most of us and that his refusal to speak about how he feels has less to do with keeping up a front and more to do with being unable to express feelings so deep and pure that there isn't language for them.

Thanks so much for this story. I really really loved it!

Sly
slystir chapter 9 . 1/16
Okay...This chapter made me totally manic depressive...kidding. First I was laughing about the "as much use as a cardboard shovel" and then at the end I actually cried a couple of real live sniffy tears at the boys huddled on the floor at the end.

Man I love Bobby in the tough love followed by hugging role.

Thanks for posting
Anonymous chapter 13 . 7/14/2014
I thought you did good with this chapter - I liked it. :)
Nadamalki chapter 14 . 10/5/2013
What an amazing story, was so simple and swift to read and imagine. The way you portrayed Dean was just perfect, not too much and not too little. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!
Kay Skie chapter 14 . 8/18/2013
This was so good and sad and very well written. Great job!:D
neon-crocodile chapter 14 . 8/11/2010
dunno how many fics i've read over the years, but seriously, this is the first time one has actually brought me close to tears...it might be just because i'm hormonal right now, but damnit, i kept havin' to blink the tears outta my eyes so i could finish reading! wonderful wonderful fic...absolutely heartbreaking...i loved it...3
KaoruKamiya307 chapter 14 . 7/4/2009
OMG! WOW! Your story was fantastic! I absolutely loved it! It had me at the edge of my seat the whole time! I had moments where I was acutally crying, jumping up and down in excitement (especially at the addition of Bobby to the story), laughing, heart-racing, etc. Your story rocked!

To prove my point that it rocked: It is now 5:23AM. I had happened upon the story at about 12:15AM and I didn't stop until I finished because I could not put it down!

I loved your characters too! Especialy Casey! She was awesome! And Drew made me laugh when he was going Oprah on Dean! ;D

Bobby's enterance was my one of my fav moments! He was like superman busting in the door and coming to save the day! I love him so much! :D

I had so much fun reading this story and it was perfect! Everything had closure and there was nothing left out! I loved it!

I kinda wanna keep writing the review but it is 5:27AM and I should be getting in bed! LOL! :D Happy 4th of July! Fantastic job! Thanks for the fun read!
winky79 chapter 9 . 9/28/2008
Waw this chapter is totally amazing it's the first that I read that actually made me cry! Really this is one of the best!
hitch chapter 6 . 7/28/2008
Hey! I guess this was written a while ago but here's my review anyway. I really like the plot and the events, but I find a lot of parts OOC. It needs a bit of editing too, but the writer still has good ideas.
apieceofcake chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Just read that all the way through :-)

Enjoyed it, good story and there were tears on more than one occassion!

witchy78 chapter 14 . 11/6/2007
Hey I really liked this story. Especially the part with Bobby kicking Dean's ass in the motel : that was so intense (maybe one of the most intense moment I read in a fan fic). Well done !
thebondgirl chapter 14 . 8/2/2007
hey there - just found this fic today, read it start to finish, and i gotta say... i just cannot figure out why there isn't twenty-times more reviews on here than there is! i mean, this fic fits the type that i've been looking all over for, that i've been hoping someone, someday would decide to write... and finding it has reminded me that i really should browse the "supernatural" category more often, cause it'd be a friggin' crime to miss awesome stories like this one :)

so, nothing left to do now but at this fic to my favs list, and add you to my favs/alerts - i'd have to be crazy not to! :P
silentpixiee chapter 14 . 8/1/2007
This was well worth the wait. Fantastic job my dear!
rholou chapter 14 . 8/1/2007
wow.

loved it from start to finish

"keep your eyes of the floor son, you hear me?"

loved that line. go bobby.
KAZ2Y567i chapter 14 . 8/1/2007
Dear chb76,

I am in awe of your writing. That was one of the most moving pieces of fanfiction that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The gradual breakout of Dean; Sam's inability to help ( Dean constantly pushing him away didn't help either); the arrival of Bobby; it all rollercoasted to his inevitable breakdown which was so heartbreaking. I was in tears a few times. You have a way with words that I could only dream about.

I have been reading your story since it first appeared at FF and I apologise that I didn't comment earlier.

I am a budding writer myself and I have now come to realise how a few words of encouragement mean bucketloads of inspiration. So please don't stop with this story...write more! I have you in my favs/alerts and I look forward to reading more of your masterful fics.

Best wishes for the future.

PS The bitch/jerk reference worked a treat.