Reviews for Sleepless Nights
klaineisendgame11 chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Poor dean!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
What a sad one! x.x

Poor Dean, not hearing have to be one of the worst things in the world!

Well, see you around

Rosetta
windscryer chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This whole story broke me into little keening pieces, but this:

No, he just threw a lifetime's worth of worn out cassette tapes in the nearest dumpster, jumped in the car and carried on. Pretended like everything was normal.

made me outright cry.

Such a short story, but packed so damn full of emotion-love and anger and resignation and determination-that it feels so much longer.

Definitely going on my favorites-and on my delicious, too.

Thank you so much for sharing!

-M
bhoney chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Aw, poor Dean. I can't imagine how hard that would be for him. Especially since you pointed this out: "Unable to hear, eyes closed as he slept, anything could be happening without his knowledge." I never thought about it before, but that really would be terrifying.
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
So darn good. THannks!
seventhprincess chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
wow. honestly i don't know what to say but i wanted to leave a review to show my appreciation of this fic. overall i enjoyed reading it and i think it will make me look at Dean really differently :) x
Evil's Sidekick chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Angst like never before. Rock on!
Esquimaux chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
aw that was so sad! ...i must say it: you're now on my 'evil list"... sorry! but you did it to yourself! lol

anyways, thanks! it might have been evil, but it was also very good!

Esquimaux
staceycj chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
wow. How telling. It wouldn't matter if Dean lost half of his body, he would do everything in his power to protect Sam. This season only proves how much he cares for Sam over himself. Great story!
neonchica chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
What a great concept - deaf Dean. I would imagine it would be equally difficult to fall into a comfortable pattern trying to hunt without being able to hear as it would any of the other injuries people have seen fit to have affect the boys. Great work - you portrayed the emotion so well. Would it be too much to ask for a continuation or a sequal? I would love to see you delve deeper into this concept. Great work. Hope to see more from you soon!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Very good story. I'm sure Dean would react exactly like that if he lost one of his senses. That would be horrible for a hunter, to loose his hearing or vision, like in your new story.
Hazgarn chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
This gets a "wow". Nothing else really cuts it.
screaminglife chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
nicely done. but no music? no music at all? thts harsh. im listening to songs as i write. appropriately, its Join Me(in death) by HIM..hm..
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
so sad
NovemberSGA chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Oh how very sad...but amazingly accurate. Great job with the boys personality and characters. They're right on target.

Dean doing the nightly patrols, losing sleep to ensure his brother's safety, because he has lost one of his very important senses. He can no longer hear. Will no longer have that warning when danger approaches.

Yes, Dean is smart. He just chose not to apply his talents in the collegiate arena. And adaptability...I believe you said it very well..."there's none better"

Sam is also smart and very capable...it hurts him to see his brother having to be so much more vigilant. Trying to compensate. He wants so badly to be able to relieve his injured brother of some of the burden by taking care of 'him'. However, it's 'WHO' Dean is...the protector. And to surrender his role would be to lose another part of who he is...so, so sad.

Sam awakening to see Dean silently patroling the room for danger...every night...Dean awakening nightly to ensure nothing has taken advantage of his silent world to intrude and threaten the safety of his priceless charge 'Sammy'

When Sam's heart can't take it anymore, he confronts Dean, who 'plays dumb' in Sam's words. Ignoring Sam's plea to let him look after Dean for a change...trying to get Dean to take care of himself for a change..."I am looking after myself, I need to do this.

Sam wonders what it would be like to be trapped in a world of silence. While Dean's ability to read people has become uncanny and learning to lip read has enabled him some semblance of normalcy.

Both brothers have suffered greatly. The sound of the car...gone. The sound of music...gone. The banter, teasing, and general conversation to pass the time in the car...gone.

(All of the above comfort zones for Dean...gone) This too, in turn, relegates Sam to silence.

So sad for the brothers. But it could also have been so much worse. I cried a little for both boys. But felt heartened that they have not let this change who they are. Still brothers, still vigilant, still looking out for one another.

Dean crept out of bed and began checking the room again. Not for himself, he didn’t care about himself. He had to take care of Sammy.

This is so Dean.

Well written and great job keeping the boys in character. A heart-clinching story of love and dedication amidst a debilitating injury.