Reviews for The National Razor
EnneWicked chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
I loved this, now that I know what it was based on lol.

I honestly didn't realise it was the french revolution.

To be honest I've never learnt about it at school, but I'll have to read up on it.

I love this

x
Curlycurlz chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Very interesting. Glinda and Chuffrey are very well suited to their roles. I love Elphaba as Charlotte Corday, and while I don't know THAT much about Corday it's an intriguing insight into her person. Shell was well-cast. The one hiccup was Fiyero. One of Fiyero's faults (or virtues) is that he was always too complacent; he's the sort of person who would stand back for the battle and then assimilate with the winning side. Maybe Fiyero could have played more of a conservative, like Desmoulins, and some underdeveloped character like Crope or Tibett (although they wouldn't have a wife) or Avaric could stand in for Marat.
Sadistic Shadow chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
I've read this so many times. It never ceases to amaze.
thinofsubstance chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Wicked paralleling the French Revolution?

AUTOMATIC WIN.

I can't even put into words how much my inner history-geek is fangirling this story. It's made of awesome. As are you for writing it. Onto the favorites it goes.
elphabathedelirious32 chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Elphaba as Charlotte Corday! I love it, she's one of my favorite historical figures (I'm such a dork that I have one, and favorite philosophes, too!)

The only one I can't see is Fiyero as Marat...since in my mind, in both book- and musical-verse, his method of persuasion is more, "Please please please and if that doesn't work...SEX!" than any sort of propaganda, but it was good, very good.
Doctor Wolfie chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about this story that makes me really like it. Dunno why- usually, I don't like stories where Elphaba dies...

Hm..