Reviews for Phoenix rising
Thyqua chapter 6 . 5/14/2008
Please tell me you're going to continue this - I want to read more!
marg h chapter 6 . 10/17/2007
What? Why? I love it, it's absultly amazing. can't wait to the next part. please update soon!

I want to see the point of view in your story to when she gets better, or to when he give up hope...
caramelapples chapter 6 . 8/13/2007
Write more! The angst Laura is feeling is so heartbreaking that I can feel it myself. *sniff* The whole chapter, I thought at first, was going to be a happy chapter, but then Cain showed up! I didn't see at first what Laura was feeling until she starts to think. It was so very real! And the last part was so sad!

"He did."

I could literally feel her heart break. *sniff* And the last line was so painful. Good job overall! Please update soon! Can't wait for the next installment! ;o)
miss mcGonagle chapter 6 . 8/13/2007

Excuse me for a moment while I remind myself that I DO like, this was fabulous...please update soon!
miss mcGonagle chapter 5 . 8/11/2007

This chapter was delightful! Please update soon ;)
Mariel3 chapter 5 . 8/11/2007
I don't know what I adore the most - this story, or you for writing it. Reading this filled me with an incredible, happy surge of pleasure. The way you write Bill and Laura is lovely, and your detour with the other players was wonderful. It was brilliant, well done, and a ton of fun to read.

There was some suprise that Bill took the knowledge of other people knowing so easily, but at the same time, it was pleasantly reassuring that he did. And what you have Dee say is right: they deserve this little bit of happiness. It's wonderful that you're giving it to them.

Thanks for a happy reading experience.
Miss Q chapter 4 . 7/14/2007
Lovely story! Perfect balance between the angst and the romance!

Thank yoou for sharing this with the rest of us!
Mariel3 chapter 4 . 5/29/2007
Ah. Nicely done! I liked the way you handled this. Her arrival on Galactica was perfectly done, and their anger believable. Just as believable was their coming together. Very nice! I know you say there's angst to come, but for now I'm happy sighing!

Thanks for posting!
Mariel3 chapter 3 . 5/22/2007
Wow! This chapter was really enjoyable. I liked that Billy is suspecting something and that there are rumours that most refuse to believe! I felt carried away by events and was totally into Roslin's dream. Thanks for a really interesting read, and please don't take too long to update!
miss mcGonagle chapter 3 . 5/22/2007
this just keeps getting better and better, please update soon!
miss mcGonagle chapter 2 . 5/21/2007
well, rip open my chest and stab me in the heart! damn, that last bit was painful...please update soon!
shez chapter 2 . 5/17/2007

This story is great, can't wait to see the next piece... por bill :'(
caramelapples chapter 2 . 5/14/2007
i like this. Your writing is very slow and steady which is something I love it written works! Please update soon! :)
Mariel3 chapter 2 . 5/13/2007
First: Great phone call. I felt the stress and then the relief of hearing Bill's voice. Very nice.

Loved the segue into the 'wanting to live' thing. That was very well done and felt very real. Thought her deciding that it was pointless to worry about the press because she was dying and wouldn't have to deal with the fallout brilliant.

One note: I'm willing to bet that the snoring was amusing and endearing only because it was the first time. Give her a few weeks of it, and I'm sure she'd learn to hate it! *grin*

That she knows she loves him but doesn't realise he loves her makes for an interesting situation. And is understandable. Her sudden realisation of it was well described. Wow. And the aftermath of her saying she couldn't love him? That was awesome.

I'm *so* looking forward to the next chapter!
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
First: That was a lovely recreation of the Cottle telling Laura how long she had left scene. You did a great job of highlighting the thoughts that must have been going through her mind and the feelings that must have been tearing her apart.

Second: Excellent way of handling her falling apart in Adama's quarters and then her gathering herself together. The description of spun glass worked very well there.

For some reason, your description of her trailing her fingertips across the top of his neatly made bed really struck me. Nice.

The use of her finding out about how little time she had left to encourage her to use that time in a very A/R manner makes sense. When you've only so much time left, you want to fill it with all the things you've wanted to do but have been putting off.

And I really liked this... "Weeks, a month at the utmost - Cottle’s words rang through her mind, a dissonant note interrupting the delicate vibration caused by William Adama’s hands on her bare skin. She stifled a moan, one that had nothing to do with pleasure, against his shoulder, digging her fingers into his back. He withdrew from her a little, not far, only so that he could catch her eyes, giving her a quizzing look. She didn’t answer the unspoken question but rather pressed her body against his, meaning to have as much of her bare skin touching his." ...simply because he felt the disquiet her thoughts had given her, knew something was wrong...

The love scene was...lovely. *grin*

And then *GASP* I found out when this story is taking place exactly. The book return scene! Ah...

This just hit me completely right. The walk down to the hangar bay was perfect. Now for chapter two, which is presently refusing to load, but I'm sure that will change...