Reviews for Elegia
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Hm.
I'm a bit on the fence of your depiction of Shinji's post-TI-situation as no less of a clusterfuck than it was before, it kinda takes away from what the events of the story were supposed to have accomplished by the time of EoE, and I think that realistically, a connection with an important person shouldn't be something you just need like some sort of a drug, but something that you learn from and adds to who you are (This being one of the reasons why I prefer S/R oder S/A in the first place)
You'd expect Shinji to have grown up a little/learned to deal with that kind of stuff after 5 years, not to mention that *a lot* of people have their first relationship ever end in some way.
But meh, I do have to note that it was fitting how he only got to see her after he made the choice to go back... and after all, Shinji IS that sort of circular, a little absurd being, isn't he, always going in circles to reach the same ultimate conclusions again and again...? The crux of his ending monologue was the acceptance of those repetitions.

On the other hand, the *technical execution* of it, the writing style, atmosphere setup, word choice, motifs/ etc were all supremely executed. The scene at the gate, the ultimate discarding of the letter, the descriptions of the weather, the scenes where he's finally "resigned" to living, the sort of "mysterious" introduction of Shinji, the way the flashbacks of what happened to the other characters added to the bleakness of the present...
And the instant Rei shows up. That was probably the most supreme bit.
I could practically see her pale arms shining like a beacon in the darkness of the beach.
And any R/S worth its salt always gets a few extra brownie points with me.
So... 8/10, I'd say. Nice fic.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I like it. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing. Somehow, it just feels right. ::nods::
d-boyz chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
One of best Evangelion fancfic, even it short but it really good
bubble.duckie chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I don't want to spoil the fun for those people who haven't read this one yet, but it has got to be one of the best oneshots that I've read so far. I can't help but feel sentimental towards the end when Shinji was talking to the dove. Great fanfic and hoping to hear more from you!
ljkaf27 chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
Incredible job of cultivating mood. Your Shinji is a veritable study in how to write agony without it coming off as overwrought or histrionic. His intense depression and utter despair are absolutely perfect for this characterization, and I love his whisper to the moon...so perfectly broken that it sends chills down my spine. I can feel the misery rolling off him...making his disbelief and joy at being reunited with his beloved all the more powerful. Exquisite, and a must-read for anyone wanting to write an angstfic.
Astronomy Geek chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
i loved it. really well planned and detailed. i pratically jumped for joy at the end. shinji and rei forever!
unknown user chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Quite well-done. Despite some minor details that don't mesh with my understanding of the series (present in basically every fic - which is fine, considering the fact that the different "official" incarnations of the plot contradict each other, as do the explanations), I think this was probably one of the best hurt/comfort fics I've read.

However, I classify it as hurt/comfort. To be a darkfic, it would have to have a depressing or unsatisfying ending. Had you let Rei ACTUALLY be a dream (after Shinji had convinced himself that she wasn't), THEN it'd be a darkfic.
The Ruined King chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
I am a guy, and I'm not ashamed to say that this story made me cry. It was so well written, you should be very proud of yourself. GAH I LOVED IT!
one guy chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
This sure is a great story.

Ofcourse, the most notable good thing about it is the well-built atmosphere. There is much description of the situation, the story-place, the feelings, the thoughts.

Moreover, there is a strong intrigue and some surprises (actually, I could never guess correctly what would happen next when I was reading it).

Furthermore, I have never read an after-third-impact fic with so much description of the situation. What I want to say is that it was interesting to read about what happened to other characters.

Finally, I'm glad there is some room for interpretation. I'm talking about the part when Rei appeared after the bird flew away. Readers can give their ideas on how did that happen. The bird could be a messenger or it could be a form of Rei (we do know that she is a bit of a magical girl).

However, I must say that I wasn't touched by this story as much as I was by your other works. It might be because you always write about Shinji and Rei's love which is starting to bring a feeling of repetetive-ness (I have read all of your other stories before, though I haven't finished reading "Godchild" yet).

Anyway, it is still a quality story with strong expression, thought-provoking.

By the way, I have listened to "Electrical storm" by "U2" and "Elegia" by "New order". They kind of do suit the story. "Elegia" fits to the beginning and "Electrical storm" to the end.
Snake89 chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
I'm stunned. I simply don't know what to say, that was so beautiful. Absolutely perfect characterizations. Can't wait to see any of your work.
sspplitt402 chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Oh dear God... this was SO ROMANTIC!

How the hell did you do that? Does U2 has special "sound" powers?

I really liked it, good job.

keep working hard

sayonara and omedeto!
JoseHernandez chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Love it, nothing better then reading a nice Rei/ Shinji fic in the middle of the night. And I liked the way you presented Askua, she wasnt a super bitch and that is good. I especially liked her reason for leaving. Haha wonder what everyone will do once they see Rei.
Wing Omega chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Okay why Makoto, Shigeru, and Maya be charged with know ing about the Human Instrumentality Project when based on the series the only people who had any knowledge of it were Gendo, Fuyutsuki, Ritsuko , Rei, the Instrumentality project commitee, and the SEELE ruling commitee?
Lord-Potter-Gryffindor chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I know this is a one shot story, but I think it should go on into more chapters. It would make a really good story if it had a few more chapters. Shinji and Rei forever.
Marine Brother Shran chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Wow...deep...really deed. That's all I can really say. YAY! XD! GO SHINJI AND REI!

Cheers Ja ne