Reviews for The Graveyard
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
I really love this story. I love the quiet, thoughtful style of writing and how gradually you reveal their situation, visiting their gravestones and each other in the afterlife. Really beautiful and touching stuff.
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Made me smile, and sigh... :D

Very nice job!

~hbpm
Bramblefox chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I'm going to be flooding your inbox with review about how brilliant you are now...if I can ever write about Javert half as well as you do I will be ecstatic. I love reading your Javert and Valjean interaction as ghosts. They're just hilarious guys, once you get down to it.

Favorite line: '"Well..." Javert drawled, sticking his hands deep into his pockets and rocking back on his heels. "We could run down to the Prefecture and give M. Gisquet the fright of his life. It might do him good, all that blood racing to his head. Then we could stroll around town for a bit. There are a few fellows I'd like to get my hands on. You could help." He caught Valjean's amused gaze, and grinned. "What? So we're ghosts. It would be a challenge."' I nearly died laughing. Javert seems to have a wicked streak a mile wide-but that's fantastic!
MimiK chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Oh, that's a story for reading and reading and reading again! Great!
Petit Parapluie chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Wow... I can't belive I didn't get round to reading this before...

But I'm doing my A levels, so... sorry. This is amazing - I like Valjean as a spirit; suits the old dog very well. And you descriptive passages are beautifully subtle.
PhantomInspector chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Aw, that was nice! I love your writing style, it flows so well. I really enjoyed the interaction between them. The only thing that confused me was the second tombstone with the words, "He sleeps. Although so much he was denied . . ." If that's canon then I apologize for my ignorance. I still haven't finished the book.
Michelle Mercy chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
I love that. The idea of Javert writing the poem... Absolutely wonderful.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
That was a good lil switcheroo! First I assumed it was Marius visiting Valjean, then maybe Valjean visiting the bishop, and then I was like, "QUOI?"

(Wow, that looks really spastic.)

This is beautifully written! You've described everything so wonderfully! I'm quite jealous, I can't lie.
AmZ chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Aaw... kind of sad that Valjean is still enfeebled by old age as a ghost. I mean, why? No body, no body woes, one would think.

So Javert wrote him that poem? Cute. :)
frustratedstudent chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Ooh. Ghost fic. I love this! You don't get this sort of thing often around here, so I'm happy you posted this.
nine miles to go chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I loved this line: It looked like it had been a tree for so long that it had forgotten ever being anything else. I mean, I loved the rest of the fic too, but that was just my fave tidbit. This was a really nice piece, I love your writing style. And I love the idea of Marius's and Cosette's kids! How adorable! Keep writing :D