Reviews for The Way The World Ends
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I enjoyed this story when I read it yesterday evening and hope you keep writing. I'll check monthly to see if you do.
CHJ chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
I really liked that. It was dark and depressing, of course, but I really liked your wording and how you described things. Touche.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Oh god, the wait for the finale's killing me! This distracted me quite nicely though. You made a fabulous job of showing how Dean's world has ended in both fire and ice, and you're so right about his having lost his dad in the same fire that took his mom. You've drawn some great parallels between the visuals at the start of season 1 and the end of season 2 - fire compared to wet and mud and chilliness. And Sam the coldest thing in the picture.

Really nicely done.
Mousitsa chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Nice tag to AHBL/I and nicely written, with a wonderful connection to Frost's Fire & Ice. I enjoyed this very much. Being a spoiler junkie, I had heard about Sam's death over a month before it happened. Knowing that Jared was not leaving the show, and that Supernatural could not continue without both Dean AND Sam, the resurrection has been the thing that is most fascinating at the moment, making me wonder how it will be accomplished and still remain somewhat realistic to the boys.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I have not read many tags, only the authors that I know and trust, so when saw the alert, knew I would have to read your story about this episode.

I liked Dean's (your) thoughts. Fire vs. cold.

Favorite lines; 'Fire had taken his home, his security, his childhood. So he knew damn well that the world ended in fire.'

'The world really ended in ice. In the chill of his brother's body as it cooled...'

'He had been right and Sam had been wrong. There was no God, no greater good...'

'Because he was already in Hell. And it was cold.'

What an excellent episode and outstanding job by Jensen and Jared, I'm sure we will see more next week.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Until next time, take care.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Always loved that Robert Frost poem, and I've always favored ice over fire. Nicely done. I'm so ready to see what "officially" happens, cause reading the tags from writers I like is making me cry all over again.
Turquoise Girl chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
This was a nice read, decently done. I can't wait until next week for part two!

I dug the use of poetry, especially Frost's Fire and Ice. It fit the theme you were using for Dean's life.

I enjoyed this very much and after reading this, I am agonizing over the wait. You know Dean has pretty much lost it and will he come back? Then there's Sam. *sighs* We both just have wait.

unapologetic chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I know exactly what you mean...the last 30 seconds I was just sitting paralysed saying "Oh my God, Dean" over and over and over...It was kind of silly, but the idea of Sam being dead was much easier than the idea of Dean having to deal with it. Especially since I'm sure he won't really be dead (at least permanently) and it's completely unfair to put poor Dean through so much emotional turmoil.

Robert Frost was lovely...that's one of my favorite poems but I'd never realized how well it worked for the nice!
Sepik chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Oh DUDE~ That was PERFECT! :love:
historylover chapter 1 . 5/13/2007

Great tag for a great episode.

I love that poem. And this tie-in to it was so perfect.

Jensen absolutely rocked my socks off in the last 30 seconds. Give him a damn Emmy!

Loved it!

Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I agree with your A/N...mine, too! I've watched it over and over.

I can absolutely say this was an awesome little tag. It's everything I've thought after last week. Dean doesn't care if the world ends...Sam's not in it, so he'll just wait. His heart has turned to ice. Sam was the source of the warmth of Dean's heart!