Reviews for Dirges
bloodandaltars chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
brilliant, dude.
Blue Sunflower chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
So sad. I wish they'd saved the junkie too.
lostfan42 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
That is great! I love it! You're a really good writer.
Jemmz chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Oh God, that was so sad! Congrats on an excellent story! And a great idea telling it through Hurley's eyes! It was so emotional and sad yet the writing was so good, I loved it!
Noritsu chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Hi! I really like your story. I didn't think it was boring at all. Sometimes, introspective type fics can be hard to write, but you did a real good job with this.

Jen chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
This was awesome! Keep it up!
bonboni chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
a very nice narrative passage in hurley's POV. i liked the writing and i agreed with most things hurley was saying. and a nice finish:

We've had too many funerals lately. I wish we'd run out of those. - totally agree! :D

nice oneshot!
I LOVE LOST chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
OMG! That was beyond great! Are you a professional writer or something? That was AWESOME! OMG! I can like actually see those things happening on the show. That was great! Wow!

I liked when you said, "He found some replacement strings in his guitar case to replace the ones snapped by Danielle's arrow, but I don't know if Claire or I can find replacement strings to fix him. We've run out on this island."

And , "It's strange to think it's only been a few days since he came back to us. Or at least since most of him came back. "

And , "And now, now Charlie just stares at the ocean day after day. The fast tune he's always strumming slows and changes when he starts to forget that he's playing. His hands are creating funeral know, the ones that start with a d. We've had too many funerals lately. I wish we'd run out of those."

Wow! That was awesome!
pacejunkie chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
This is just perfect. It's exactly how I hope it goes. You've got great attention to detail here, about how if Charlie was taken from the water he'd need a replacement shirt, for example. Also nice reference to the torture spoiler, nice and subtle. It's short but it's all in here, it's as long as it needed to be. Hurley is the best narrator for this and you've really captured his voice. Now I want to know what happened t Charlie. It would make a great flashback.

I don't know if we know each other from the fuse or LJ but thanks for dropping my name! There's still hope!
falafel-fiction chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Loved this. Beautifully tragic oneshot. I'm glad to see someone using Hurley for narration. The Dude can be so moving. It is my dream too for Charlie to be pressumed dead and then make a miraculous return (with old members of Dharma! Perfect!) The descriptions of the Lostees reacting to Charlies supposed death as well as other characters killed in sad and chilling.

Favouriting this!
lostydude chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
This is great! Continue writing stories!