Reviews for The Race of Cain
PHXYote chapter 11 . 8/13
Kirk can be such an idiot at times. Probably didn't see Saavik as a threat because she's female.
PHXYote chapter 9 . 8/13
Man, this was intense. Loved it!
Heather Snow chapter 36 . 9/6/2016
Very well done. Good plot. Good characterization.
stacey.eats chapter 36 . 1/16/2016
That discovery about Mal'Shik threw me off... Although the strength of the mental powers was logical. I had suspected Srre to be involved from the beginning when the story mentioned his lately joining the team and his newly-formed reconciliation with his brother. I just hadn't seen that what Mal'shik had done leaving his "mental print" on Srre to be possible. Almost like having a Dissociative Identity Disorder for humans.

Great story!
abunnymom chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
I so enjoyed this story, as it answered questions and filled gaps from Star Trek books and movies that I love. The writing is crisp and clean, and demonstrates a strong understanding of the source material and the characters. It felt very true to the characters, and the plot was interesting and intriguing. It is in my opinion, as good as any published ST book available. Thank you for a tremendously enjoyable read!
Guest chapter 36 . 4/15/2015
Very well done. Excellent character portrayal, plot, and suspense. Thank you.
Wandering121 chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
I just found this story and I LOVE IT. You incorporated all the history of The Pandora Principle (my favorite book), included characters from The Vulcan Academy Murders and developed an exciting interesting, compelling story! Thank you for sharing your talent.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
By far the best fanfic ever.
bina W chapter 36 . 4/8/2012
This was very good. You wrote in your final chapter:

"When Amanda died a few months later, Saavik sat in her cabin with only the firepot for company, and relived each of those feather light touches and how that presence had felt."

Why did you have Amanda die? Was she sick? I know in the Novel SAREK, by AC Crispin, that she wrote that Amanda died soon after the events of the Undiscovered Country, Star Trek 6. But that movie assumes the Enterprise mission with all those heroes and their adventures lasted 25 yrs 9the age of the show). A line in the movie by McCoy says they were together for 26 yrs. If we put Spock's birth at age 20...then put Spock's first mission, under Pike at 12 yrs (I think this was confirmed by Spock in one episode_maye the Menagerie 2 parter?) then the 25 yrs of service on Enterprise, that makes her death to be at age 57. That cannot be right. I will read afew more of your stories. Do you have any stories on any other websites?

bina W chapter 26 . 4/8/2012
Ch 26 is interesting but borderline creepy. The person has a twisted, convulated sense justice. I am not sure whom the killer is but I think it is a Vulcan.
bina W chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
This appears to be quite the story. I know your summary said it would be novel length. I wonder why Saavik and Spock no longer talk. Where there are Romulans..there is mystery. Everyone loves a good mystery. I will go on to the 2nd chapter.

Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 36 . 3/19/2011
Intriguing bit of work, to say the least.

The mystery of Saavik’s recent activities was an intriguing concept from the beginning, while your subsequent exploration of some of the factors motivating Valeris’s involvement in the conspiracy provided a rather interesting new perspective on the contrast between her and Saavik, beyond the simple fact that Saavik wouldn’t have betrayed Spock and the “Enterprise” crew like Valeris did (As well as such ideas as her warped view on friendship- relationships should benefit BOTH of the people in them, not just one- or her ‘reasoning’ for her actions regarding what she did to Spock and Saavik’s relationship; her point of view can be seen, but it cannot be agreed with).

Your various ideas about the hybrids’ biology and the intricate details of the disease killing them were well-thought-out, and the subsequent research to try and determine the origin and cause of the disease was clearly explored, each step leading neatly into the other while creating a very effective overall cast of both OCs and minor canon characters.

And as for the revelation about the perpetrator’s motives originating from a speech he heard McCoy make at one point...

Dramatic twist, to say the least; not only can the reader clearly see how the killer came to the decision to begin his scheme, but we can also see exactly why McCoy wouldn’t agree to that plan in the first place even if the killer can’t (Whatever atrocities were committed on Hellguard, no matter how abominable, the hybrids have no say in the circumstances of their origin; using medical research acquired from the deaths of others is one thing, but killing more sentient beings, even in order to ‘preserve’ the dignity of life, is a clear violation of medical ethics that McCoy could never tolerate).

Plus, of course, interesting tough with the final explanation about the disease’s origins; a neat and effective way of using some of the Vulcans’ most distinctive traits against them, to say the least, as well as leading into an effectively simple resolution.

Keep up the great work!
SpamWarrior chapter 36 . 3/13/2009
I can't even tell you how much I love this fic-it is, hands-down, the best Spock/Saavik story I've ever found. Hell, it's better than a lot of the published Trek novels. You've created such an intricate and fascinating plot, kept the characters wonderfully -in- character...I don't know how on earth you could go about trying to publish an Expanded Universe novel, but if there's any way to do it you really, really should. It's absolutely fantastic, and I look forward to reading the rest of your fic. :)
RLS83843 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Obviously, you have read Jean Lorrahs books. Good. I would have added something about any non-Hellguard hybrids, just to increase the population.
Not-yo-mama Yvonne chapter 18 . 5/24/2008
Wow! This is picking up momentum! I'm forcing myself to read only a chapter at a time... I like the medical speculation and the "detection" aspect of the plot, and look forward to reading more...
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »